Home

I'll be honest

This is a discussion on I'll be honest within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 03-28-2012, 02:51 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
I'll be honest

This game chooses when you get a hit. I am good at the show series. The fact is that when I have perfect timing and perfect contact, the ball shouldn't be a weak grounder or pop-up. It's just wrong. There is no reward for perfect timing. And at other times I'll have good contact with ok timing and it'll be a 395 foot bomb. It doesn't make sense (i'm on veteran, default sliders, zone). I go back to MLB 11 and i hit the cover off of the ball. /frustrating
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-28-2012, 02:58 PM   #2
Rookie

ondreythegiant's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: I'll be honest

I'm not trying to be a supporter of something that will probably get closed...but I do have to agree that the randomness of hits with the type of contact and timing is a bit strange. I could go wheelhouse, perfect, perfect, and it'll be a weak grounder to the shortstops' left, and it'll slow down enough for him to get it and throw me out. It is frustrating.

Subscribe and follow!
Old 03-28-2012, 03:06 PM   #3
LETS GO METS!!!

Sheamazin's Arena

OVR: 29

Of course the game choose when you get a hit. Its a video game!!!

Try posting it here...

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...ns-thread.html
NCAAF: Rutgers Scarlet Knights/Michigan Wolverines
NCAAB: Michigan Wolverines
Old 03-28-2012, 03:08 PM   #4
Animal Liberation

EnigmaNemesis's Arena

OVR: 55
So what do you guys consider for the "type of hit" for a perfect/perfect? Not counting rotation/seams and speed of the ball thrown are we?

Especially in a physics based hitting/ball engine now?

And you are saying that real life ball players don't hit "perfectly timed" shots right at 9 other guys on the field strategically placed?

Or sloppy non perfectly timed shots getting through for hits off the end of the bat or inside pitches choking you up?

Don't see complaints about those.

These threads are such a dead horse IMO. Especially when real life is relative.
Old 03-28-2012, 03:09 PM   #5
Banned

OVR: 3

Hmm...Ive heard this too often to just dismiss it.
Im playing on Expert with Pitch speed at maximum, Full analog controls (which is about to change for fielding) HOF difficulty while batting.
From my settings everything seems accurate.
I think what you guys and many others are experiencing is the folly of offering so many variables to the gamer with respect to difficulties and control schemes. How on earth can the game play the same on your settings as mine? I don't think it can. Not if two people have completely different difficulty and control/interface schemes. I find it hard to believe that under those circumstances, two people could experience the "Same" game with respect to accuracy of the interfaces and realism of the game.
I just don't see how that's possible, I don't think it is possible, I think there may be a concession that had to be made by the developers. I don't know which set of variables would offer the most realistic and accurate game, It may not be on Expert with the hardest interfaces either. It could be on a lower difficulty with easier interfaces but my guess is there is a "Magic Combination" out there...but which is it?
Feel free to totally destroy my theory, but it seems reasonable no?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-28-2012, 03:19 PM   #6
Banned

OVR: 3

And let me add this to my post up there...In reality, when Im using that analog pitching meter, THAT is where I see some funny stuff happening because I can do everything correctly and still leave a ball up in the zone considerably far away from where I positioned the cursor (specifically on a 4 seamer). While this doesnt bother me because I feel it adds some randomness and realism adding to simulating the difficulty a pitcher has in pin pointing a pitch, it can be construed as the game "deciding" where my pitch goes despite my perfection with release point etc.
My pitching issue and your hitting issue would be interesting scenarios to pose to a person on the development team.
Old 03-28-2012, 03:22 PM   #7
MVP

spit_bubble's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt2486
...There is no reward for perfect timing...
Not true. Perfect timing will raise the chance of getting a hit. If your timing is off the chance of success drops.
Old 03-28-2012, 03:23 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by CigarCityBandit
Hmm...Ive heard this too often to just dismiss it.
Im playing on Expert with Pitch speed at maximum, Full analog controls (which is about to change for fielding) HOF difficulty while batting.
From my settings everything seems accurate.
I think what you guys and many others are experiencing is the folly of offering so many variables to the gamer with respect to difficulties and control schemes. How on earth can the game play the same on your settings as mine? I don't think it can. Not if two people have completely different difficulty and control/interface schemes. I find it hard to believe that under those circumstances, two people could experience the "Same" game with respect to accuracy of the interfaces and realism of the game.
I just don't see how that's possible, I don't think it is possible, I think there may be a concession that had to be made by the developers. I don't know which set of variables would offer the most realistic and accurate game, It may not be on Expert with the hardest interfaces either. It could be on a lower difficulty with easier interfaces but my guess is there is a "Magic Combination" out there...but which is it?
Feel free to totally destroy my theory, but it seems reasonable no?
Very well could be. I'm by no means trolling. I love the show series and I love the show 12. The problem is that it becomes annoying when I realize that when i work a 3-2 count on 8 pitches AND draw a fast ball down the middle and put a perfect bat on the ball, the ball becomes a little dribbler to short. Not a rope on the ground to short, but a dribbler. I'm sorry, I played ball in high school and had offers to play D-1A, D-2, D-3, NAIA etc. and it just feels rigged. If anyone happens to find a happy medium with the sliders let me know. The difficulty isn't a problem, I could walk every at bat if i wanted on Hall of Fame. I just think the physics are off.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »