Home

Almost question here...is Jose Bautista garbage in this game with RISP?

This is a discussion on Almost question here...is Jose Bautista garbage in this game with RISP? within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 03-26-2012, 11:44 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
Almost question here...is Jose Bautista garbage in this game with RISP?

I am killing it with Lawrie, Encarnacion, Arencibia but Bautista just cannot hit with RISP.

Does it have to do with his low clutch rating or just my altered approach with an allstar batter?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-26-2012, 11:46 PM   #2
Rookie

MikeFlu's Arena

OVR: 20
Re: Almost question here...is Jose Bautista garbage in this game with RISP?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiboshed
I am killing it with Lawrie, Encarnacion, Arencibia but Bautista just cannot hit with RISP.

Does it have to do with his low clutch rating or just my altered approach with an allstar batter?
In the past, I've had a hard time hitting with All-Star caliber players. I tend to swing at bad pitches more than with less talented players. Do you find yourself striking out with him a lot more? If so, you're probably chasing.
Old 03-26-2012, 11:49 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 1

haha yea striking out a whole lot more. IT seems like Bautista gets much tougher pitches compared to the others, but his clutch rating is really low though so it might have some effect.

It might also be his batting stance and the leg kick that he does. Might be making my timing off abit.
Old 03-27-2012, 02:28 AM   #4
MVP

sydrogerdavid's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
haha yea striking out a whole lot more. IT seems like Bautista gets much tougher pitches compared to the others, but his clutch rating is really low though so it might have some effect.

It might also be his batting stance and the leg kick that he does. Might be making my timing off abit.
Ramone has stated that the clutch rating has little effect on the game that you are playing. I guess it's a sim rating mostly.
Old 03-27-2012, 02:52 AM   #5
MVP

AUTiger1's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:

I'm playing with a Jays franchise right now. I couldn't hick a lick with Jose Bautista but over the last 2 or 3 games I've started to finally get some hits. I found out my problem was I kept trying to jack every pitch out to LF and I wasn't doing that with the other guys. I had the same problem with Chipper Jones. But I just forced myself to relax and take my normal approach with them and I started getting hits. Heck even my last game I got 2 hits with Chipper including a homerun and a double with Bautista. And the game before that I got a triple with Bautista.
Detroit Red Wings
Winnipeg Jets
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-27-2012, 03:39 AM   #6
MVP

merchant1874's Arena

OVR: 6

I was using the Jays in a test franchise and the first few games he was the worst hitter in the lineup. I started being more patient with him and he evenually started cruhing the ball.

I think it comes down to this. A: You get sucked in by the name of all-stars and feel they are super human so are much more confident they can hit anything.

B: The pitchers give you much harder pitches. No one is going to give you consecutive and regular pitches right down the middle. You are going to have to wait to get the pitches you want.

If you approach them like regular players you will hit with them.
Old 03-27-2012, 07:28 AM   #7
Hall Of Fame

dochalladay32's Arena

OVR: 21

It's all on you, not Bautista. You think because he is Bautista you can get away with a lot more when you swing, and that's not necessarily true. Only those of us who truly appreciate him and are patient do well with him . I've killed many a pitch with the great Jose, but you can't just swing because you are thinking, "It is Bautista, if I swing, it'll go far, no matter what."
Old 03-27-2012, 01:15 PM   #8
[Player 1]

thaSLAB's Arena

OVR: 30

Keep in mind too, that especially with Bautista, you won't get as many good pitches to hit. The CPU will actually pitch around you, just try to recognize those situations and try to draw the walk. Patience is very important with your beastly hitters. This can also be manipulated by who you have before and after him in the lineup, usually more benefiting the person batting before, since they will typically get good pitches to hit. Out of curiosity, who is batting before Bautista? And what do their stats look like so far?

YouTube

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »