Home

RTTS Position

This is a discussion on RTTS Position within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare
View Poll Results: What position(s) do you play on RTTS?
C 1 1.10%
1B 20 21.98%
2B 14 15.38%
3B 21 23.08%
SS 30 32.97%
LF 6 6.59%
CF 14 15.38%
RF 8 8.79%
DH 1 1.10%
SP 34 37.36%
RP 0 0%
CP 13 14.29%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 91. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-14-2012, 04:32 PM   #1

Majingir's Arena

OVR: 22
RTTS Position

(Don't know if it's possible to merge this poll with the RTTS thread)

Which positions do you usually play on RTTS?

I always like to be a pitcher cause thats what spot I play in real life, and its so much faster in the game to do that than to be a batter. If you're a batter, you play games basically every single day and have to field and hit. Pitching for me takes around 20 or so minutes, so I can imagine having to field for 9 innings and bat as well would take 25-30 mins per game.

Unless I'm missing something about that....how do people end up getting long careers as a batter?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-14-2012, 04:38 PM   #2
MVP

MrArlingtonBeach's Arena

OVR: 11
Re: RTTS Position

Trying closer for the first time in my MLB The Show career. I usually play at my former real-life position (first base), but I too did not advance very far in my career.

Since I typically play RTTS up until the full OS rosters come out, I would only get through a season or two before stopping. As a closer, I am already two full years in and just started my third.
Old 03-14-2012, 04:40 PM   #3
Banned

OVR: 55

I usually either choose a SP or a 1B.

This year I created a power hitting 1B (6'5" - 269 lbs.) and I will not be upping his fielding stats in hopes of ending up as a DH for an AL team by the time I get called up. That way, I can still be an offensive player and play multiple games in a short amount of time.

My goal by the time I make it to the majors is to get my contact ratings up in the high 50s to low 60s and my power ratings in the high 70s to the low 80s. I also want to get my clutch/vision/discipline ratings up in the 70s as well.

I already have my speed at 25 and my BR ability at 10 and I am good with that. I am not touching the fielding ratings so my OVR doesn't get too big too soon so I don't called called up before I am ready.

I basically made myself a RH version of a prime Adam Dunn who strikes out and walks slightly less than him.
Old 03-14-2012, 04:40 PM   #4
Rookie

Ljm623's Arena

OVR: 5

For me i love playing as a Closer, just love the pressure of coming in the bottom of the 9th, game on the line, and it's all up to me to close the doors, you go through a season pretty quickly to... would be awesome to break Mariano Riveras saves record.
Old 03-14-2012, 04:49 PM   #5
Rookie

Sendak44's Arena

OVR: 2

I would probably play Catcher if I could turn off the pitch calling. Anyone know if there's a way to do that?
NHL - San Jose Sharks
NCAA - UOP Tigers - RIP 1995 :(
EPL - Newcastle United FC
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-15-2012, 11:45 AM   #6
Pro

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sendak44
I would probably play Catcher if I could turn off the pitch calling. Anyone know if there's a way to do that?
For the love of God, this! I always make myself a 1B/3B, but if I could turn off pitch calling, I would be a Catcher in an instant!
Aoccdrnig to a rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it deosn't mttaer in waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoatnt tihng is taht the frist and lsat ltteer be at the rghit pclae. The rset can be a ttoal jmulbe and you can sitll raed it wouthit a porbelm. Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe.

amzanig huh?
Old 03-15-2012, 11:55 AM   #7
Darkness!!!

DirtyJerz32's Arena

OVR: 41

I was going to play the outfield, but thought 1st base was cool. I got drafted by the Nats and I'm waiting to get called up, but it's taking forever. I keep getting a message saying, "you're ready to be moved, but we don't have a roster spot open, keep up the good work."

Twitch: DirtyJerz32

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluengold34_OS
No longer shall you be referred to as DirtyJerz32, but simply BOSS -
Old 03-15-2012, 12:13 PM   #8
Hall Of Fame

dochalladay32's Arena

OVR: 21

1B in the Dodgers system.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »