Home

Timing Hitting Help

This is a discussion on Timing Hitting Help within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 03-11-2012, 08:15 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Timing Hitting Help

I've been usuing "Timing" hitting on All-Star difficulty. I'm not striking out a lot at all, but my main problem is that I'm not making good contact and/or hitting it directly at somebody every time. Countless times, it'll tell me that I had pefect timing, but only "Okay" contact and I'll dribble on to the shortstop. As of right now, I'm getting about 4 to 6 hits per game. All singles.

Help me out, guys. Thanks.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-11-2012, 08:28 PM   #2
The Champ Is Here

Doormat's Arena

OVR: 27
Re: Timing Hitting Help

If you're not happy with how you're hitting the ball in the zone then you should use Zone hitting dude.. timing literally moves your contact zone around a lot so even if you time it perfectly you might hit it in a wrong spot in the strike zone leading to balls popped up or at someone.
Old 03-11-2012, 08:30 PM   #3
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by LilWayneFTW
If you're not happy with how you're hitting the ball in the zone then you should use Zone hitting dude.. timing literally moves your contact zone around a lot so even if you time it perfectly you might hit it in a wrong spot in the strike zone leading to balls popped up or at someone.
What is the difference between timing and zone? I've always used timing.
Old 03-11-2012, 08:37 PM   #4
The Champ Is Here

Doormat's Arena

Timing is pretty much timing lol but the location on which you hit the ball always changes (sometimes not to your liking, for example you might hit the ball perfectly but you might hit it too high causing it to pop up)

Zone is the location of your swing, this option usually helps me out more since Zone uses both timing and location.

If you use guess pitch and guess correctly the zone will lock on to the pitch location and you just have to worry about timing it correctly.
Old 03-11-2012, 08:45 PM   #5
Who? Giroux!

ManiacMatt1782's Arena

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by LilWayneFTW
Timing is pretty much timing lol but the location on which you hit the ball always changes (sometimes not to your liking, for example you might hit the ball perfectly but you might hit it too high causing it to pop up)

Zone is the location of your swing, this option usually helps me out more since Zone uses both timing and location.

If you use guess pitch and guess correctly the zone will lock on to the pitch location and you just have to worry about timing it correctly.
this is a big misconception. You get locked into a zone, but for true solid contact you can reaim within the locked PCI. If the pitch is high in the locked zone, holding up while swinging will get more solid contact. If the pitch is right, aim right, etc.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-11-2012, 09:38 PM   #6
MVP

spit_bubble's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tabata4Prez
I've been usuing "Timing" hitting on All-Star difficulty. I'm not striking out a lot at all, but my main problem is that I'm not making good contact and/or hitting it directly at somebody every time. Countless times, it'll tell me that I had pefect timing, but only "Okay" contact and I'll dribble on to the shortstop. As of right now, I'm getting about 4 to 6 hits per game. All singles.

Help me out, guys. Thanks.
I use timing, with guess pitch off, and All-Star definitely feels a bit tougher this year. Like you, I just wasn't getting good contact, to the point of it not feeling very realistic. I even adjusted sliders in my favor, and still all too often I would time the ball well enough and not get realistic results.

Solution: move down to veteran.

I'm a few games in on veteran and it feels a lot better. Last night I even took about five rounds of BP and it feels a lot more realistic.
Old 03-11-2012, 09:43 PM   #7
Rookie

I plan on a few rounds of BP tonight. I'm going to test out zone first just for something new. Then I'll probably go in with timing on veteran difficulty.

One question, though. Does knocking the difficulty down to veteran just help you make better contact or does it turn you into soe kind of hitting machine to the point that its unrealistic?
Old 03-11-2012, 09:48 PM   #8
Crunchy

Mabster's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tabata4Prez
One question, though. Does knocking the difficulty down to veteran just help you make better contact or does it turn you into soe kind of hitting machine to the point that its unrealistic?
Moving down to Rookie might make you a hitting machine but one step down to Vet probably won't.

If it does then you can mess with the sliders a little to find the right kind of game for you.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »