Home

Please tell me there are multiple others who have to lower pitch speed

This is a discussion on Please tell me there are multiple others who have to lower pitch speed within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 03-07-2012, 12:13 AM   #1
Pro

OVR: 8
Please tell me there are multiple others who have to lower pitch speed

If there's a game on the market that makes me feel like an "old" gamer, this is the one.

When I play at the default pitch speed.....I just can't do anything. I make contact every once in a while, but I strike out so much. I've already lowered the pitch speed slider one tick and I think I may even go down 2. It pretty much makes me hang my head in shame. There's not one other game on the market where I have to lower any kind of setting to actually get enjoyment out of it.

I'm not alone......right?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-07-2012, 12:26 AM   #2
Pro

willIam9387's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: Please tell me there are multiple others who have to lower pitch speed

Quote:
Originally Posted by mva5580
If there's a game on the market that makes me feel like an "old" gamer, this is the one.

When I play at the default pitch speed.....I just can't do anything. I make contact every once in a while, but I strike out so much. I've already lowered the pitch speed slider one tick and I think I may even go down 2. It pretty much makes me hang my head in shame. There's not one other game on the market where I have to lower any kind of setting to actually get enjoyment out of it.

Nope I'm doing the same thing, I've lowered it two clicks already. It's still a challenge and it's a good starting place to build from. Set the bar where you're comfortable and adjust from there. If you dominate the CPU, then adjust accordingly, and vice versa. Last year I got frustrated because I was just flat out horrible at hitting even with aids such as guess pitch and what not. I would literally just guess fastball every pitch and hope I would get lucky. This year I use no aids, timing, on All-star difficulty and I've taken my lumps but I'm going to stay steadfast to that setup. But I am going to adjust sliders and what not to where I'm comfortable because I don't want to miss out on this great game!

Hope that helped
Old 03-07-2012, 12:31 AM   #3
All Star

Stormyhog's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by mva5580

Your not alone I lower mine all the way down. It doesn't drastically make the ball slower and I find the pitches to be still pretty fast. It just gives you a little more time to judge which makes a difference.
Old 03-07-2012, 12:34 AM   #4
Pro

Neolithic's Arena

OVR: 6

Also a guy who lowers the speed down. No feeling bad. See the sig for my thoughts on it.
Old 03-07-2012, 12:34 AM   #5
MVP

OVR: 46

yep.
i drop it to one above zero.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-07-2012, 12:41 AM   #6
Hall Of Fame

LowerWolf's Arena

OVR: 19

I've got it at 0 and I still think it's too fast.

Nothing wrong with lowering it.
Old 03-07-2012, 12:57 AM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 0

I've been playing Mass Effect 3 all day, so I haven't had much time in 12, but in 11 I actually had to move the pitch speed up because I was constantly swinging early. Its harder to judge where a pitch is going to end up, but I ended up putting a lot more balls into as I wasn't pulling them foul as often. It actually increased my doubles and even triples but quite a bit.
Old 03-07-2012, 02:17 AM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 0

Im at zero as well

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »