Home

I Finally Did It!

This is a discussion on I Finally Did It! within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 02-25-2012, 01:17 PM   #1
Rookie

cena101's Arena

OVR: 1
I Finally Did It!

So, to start off I have been playing the Show franchise since its PS2 days, and I have continued to support this amazing franchise to this day. I have spent countless hours playing this game, and have done pretty much everything that there is to do in this game(I know that isn't really possible, but still). There was however one thing that I was never able to do and that was pitch a perfect game, that however changed this morning. I was playing in my fantasy draft franchise and it was the Twins vs. the Yankees(me), and I had Clayton Richard on the mound for me, against the 3rd best offense in the league rankings wise. I honestly thought I would get destroyed in this game, because I had never pitched with Richard before, but it turned out amazing, and I was able to finish off my first ever perfect game. The biggest concern was Matt Kemp, but surprising enough I got him to ground out every plate appearance. Toward the end of the game I was literally shaking, my hands were sweating like crazy, and my heart was beating like crazy as well, I wasn't that nervous since I went cliff diving over the summer. Ok, so thats my story I know it wasn't very exciting, but I thought I share this amazing moment in anticipation of MLB 12. Feel free to share your perfect game stories, or your almost perfect game stories, I love reading about them.

Last edited by cena101; 02-25-2012 at 01:19 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-25-2012, 01:20 PM   #2
Rookie

h4mbon3s's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: I Finally Did It!

Once on one of my RTTS pitchers, I took a no hitter into the 14th inning. I had over 150 pitches. it was a 0-0 game. I gave up a hit with 2 outs, they took me out, then the bullpen gave up a walk off home run. I didn't play for another week.
Old 02-25-2012, 01:21 PM   #3
MVP

OVR: 46

Quote:
Originally Posted by cena101
So, to start off I have been playing the Show franchise since its PS2 days, and I have continued to support this amazing franchise to this day. I have spent countless hours playing this game, and have done pretty much everything that there is to do in this game(I know that isn't really possible, but still). There was however one thing that I was never able to do and that was pitch a perfect game, that however changed this morning. I was playing in my fantasy draft franchise and it was the Twins vs. the Yankees(me), and I had Clayton Richard on the mound for me, against the 3rd best offense in the league rankings wise. I honestly thought I would get destroyed in this game, because I had never pitched with Richard before, but it turned out amazing, and I was able to finish off my first ever perfect game. The biggest concern was Matt Kemp, but surprising enough I got him to ground out every plate appearance. Toward the end of the game I was literally shaking, my hands were sweating like crazy, and my heart was beating like crazy as well, I wasn't that nervous since I went cliff diving over the summer. Ok, so thats my story I know it wasn't very exciting, but I thought I share this amazing moment in anticipation of MLB 12. Feel free to share your perfect game stories, or your almost perfect game stories, I love reading about them.
congrats cena.
closest i've gotten was one out into the 7th.
both times with AJ Burnett.
weird huh?
Old 02-25-2012, 01:21 PM   #4
The Champ Is Here

Doormat's Arena

OVR: 27

Congrats man, the only one I had was a few months ago with my newly created pitcher on RTTS.. I told my manager to let me start some games and he said "Okay but you better prove yourself". I ended up doing just that by getting a perfect game, the last batter was a line out to the short stop so you know how nervous I was when I saw that. It felt like I was mostly getting ground outs and fly outs along with about 6 strike outs but it was worth it.
Old 02-25-2012, 01:21 PM   #5
Rookie

Tribesalive's Arena

OVR: 0

try doing it in real life..I had and succeeded twice. It is a mind blowing pressure that I would wish on no one.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-25-2012, 01:31 PM   #6
Rookie

cena101's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tribesalive
try doing it in real life..I had and succeeded twice. It is a mind blowing pressure that I would wish on no one.
I can't even imagine how much pressure there would be on a real life pitcher taking one into the 9th. I am actually a pitcher, or used to be until I messed up my shoulder pretty bad, and I actually had a no-no going into the 7th one time, but I couldn't handle the pressure at all, and I allowed two hits that inning, and my coach pulled me, still wound up with the win though, because of our awesome bullpen. That was back in my junior year of high school, which also was the year where I first started having shoulder problem, maybe because of my work load I honestly don't know. But I am just rambling now about past memoires, this is a video game board, not a real life baseball board, so lets get back to that.
Old 02-25-2012, 03:48 PM   #7
Pro

OVR: 12

I know exactly how you felt. Once you take one into the 8th and 9th innings, the hands get sweaty, the heart is racing, the yells get louder, and it's just a video game!

I have gotten a few now over the years. Every one as pressure packed as the one before. The best one I ever had though was with Matt Cain in my franchise on MLB 10. I got it down to 2 outs in the 9th, I can't remember who the final batter was, but it was against the Brewers. But the play I made to record the final out had me doing backflips...well almost. For me, making a diving catch in this game has always been a hassle. I get maybe a dozen clean diving catches a year. So anyway, on this final out of the game, the batter drove a linedrive into the right centerfield gap (Triples alley at AT&T), I take control of Aaron Rowand and make a desperation leap to nab the final out. It's one of a few plays in this game I'll never forget. That and my walk off HR with Bill Hall in game 7 of the World Series against the Red Sox! Yes, BILL HALL!

March 6th, you can't get here soon enough.
Old 02-25-2012, 04:05 PM   #8
Pro

metsfan4life1's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by juicer420
I know exactly how you felt. Once you take one into the 8th and 9th innings, the hands get sweaty, the heart is racing, the yells get louder, and it's just a video game!

I have gotten a few now over the years. Every one as pressure packed as the one before. The best one I ever had though was with Matt Cain in my franchise on MLB 10. I got it down to 2 outs in the 9th, I can't remember who the final batter was, but it was against the Brewers. But the play I made to record the final out had me doing backflips...well almost. For me, making a diving catch in this game has always been a hassle. I get maybe a dozen clean diving catches a year. So anyway, on this final out of the game, the batter drove a linedrive into the right centerfield gap (Triples alley at AT&T), I take control of Aaron Rowand and make a desperation leap to nab the final out. It's one of a few plays in this game I'll never forget. That and my walk off HR with Bill Hall in game 7 of the World Series against the Red Sox! Yes, BILL HALL!

March 6th, you can't get here soon enough.
The closet I've ever come to a no hitter in the show was for last years( MLB 11 the show for PS3). I was using Mike Pelfrey against the braves, it was a franchise game, I had two out in the ninth and the batter hit a ball up the middle, I would've gotten it and thrown him out, yet I guess I accidentally directed my SS( Reyes at the time) to go in towards the ball instead of up the middle, it got past me but then I retired the next guy. But I threw a perfect game with big pelf in MVP baseball 2005 for the game cube. I was in dynasty mode. The year that took place was 2008(I don't remember what year it was in dynasty mode).

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »