Home

Old 10-25-2011, 06:41 PM   #1
Banned

amo13's Arena

OVR: 3
Cubs 2012

now that we have hired theo im excited to put down 2k12 and madden and ncaa 12 and play the show again im gonna sim the first season.....im plan on letting go of soriano and BIG Z and dump those big contracts and pick up some some great minor lgers......but what im posting for is what are some possiable realistic moves that i can make to make this team a better team in 2012
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-26-2011, 10:15 AM   #2
Banned

MGM_BLUE's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: Cubs 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by amo13
now that we have hired theo im excited to put down 2k12 and madden and ncaa 12 and play the show again im gonna sim the first season.....im plan on letting go of soriano and BIG Z and dump those big contracts and pick up some some great minor lgers......but what im posting for is what are some possiable realistic moves that i can make to make this team a better team in 2012
You dont really think that Theo is going to make a difference do you?

The only thing that bringing Theo to the Cubs does, is give Cub fans more of what theyve been feeding off of their entire lives... "HOPE".
Hope is a very dangerous thing. It blinds you from reality, forgives inefficiencies and il-prepares you for disappointment.
Old 10-26-2011, 10:35 AM   #3
Rookie

krmarks's Arena

OVR: 5

Ouch MGM_BLUE....harsh but true. I once had an argument with a cub fan in 2004 that I would rather have had the White Sox top three pitchers in (Buehrle, Garcia, Garland) than the Cubs phenoms (Prior, Wood, Zambrano)...we can see how that turned out. In all seriousness though, I do hope they win it soon, because it is giving Chicago a bad name with how bad they suck. I can't argue with people from Boston, New York, or Cali about who has a better sports city because the Cubs never win and the Sox have only won once in the last 90 years or so.
Old 10-26-2011, 11:26 AM   #4
Banned

MGM_BLUE's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by krmarks
Ouch MGM_BLUE....harsh but true. I once had an argument with a cub fan in 2004 that I would rather have had the White Sox top three pitchers in (Buehrle, Garcia, Garland) than the Cubs phenoms (Prior, Wood, Zambrano)...we can see how that turned out. In all seriousness though, I do hope they win it soon, because it is giving Chicago a bad name with how bad they suck. I can't argue with people from Boston, New York, or Cali about who has a better sports city because the Cubs never win and the Sox have only won once in the last 90 years or so.
I am 36 yrs old. I have lived in Chicago my whole life (minus my 8 yrs in the Army) I have been a die hard Cubs fan for over 20 yrs (was a White Sox fan as a teen). I have seen good and bad players come and go.
The Cubs are known for contracting players post-prime or pre-prime and NOT contracting them in mid-prime.

I would have joined your pitching argument and said the Cubs pitchers were superior.
And they WERE... until the Cubs killed them (primarily Dusty & Rothschild).

I wish the Cubs would win the WS, but I have given up all hope!
If you need to know why, read my previous quote about "hope"!
Old 10-26-2011, 12:03 PM   #5
Rookie

krmarks's Arena

OVR: 5

Technically it was their poor mechanics that killed them, Dusty and Rothschild just made it happen quicker.

Back to the OP though, I think some realistic trades would be Zambrano to Florida for a C or B level prospect (mainly because the game won't let you eat some of his salary), Soriano to an AL team in need of a DH for a C or B level for the same reasons. After that, I would try to trade Marmol and Bryd for prospects. Unfortunately the only other value guys are too young to trade (i.e. Castro and Soto)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-26-2011, 12:26 PM   #6
Banned

MGM_BLUE's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by krmarks
Back to the OP though, I think some realistic trades would be Zambrano to Florida for a C or B level prospect (mainly because the game won't let you eat some of his salary), Soriano to an AL team in need of a DH for a C or B level for the same reasons. After that, I would try to trade Marmol and Bryd for prospects. Unfortunately the only other value guys are too young to trade (i.e. Castro and Soto)
Zambrano to FLA is definitely a major possibility. Getting 1 or 2 prospects for him is most likely. Sorriano to the AL is also a good bet, though Im not sure who would take him, maybe SEA. They tend to like Cubbie trash.... (Milton Bradley... WHAT?!) I doubt Marmol would be traded unless the Cubs can secure Heath Bell, and even then Im not sure too many teams would want Marmol.

I think Soto is good trade bait and so is Castro if you can get good prospects for him.

In reality, the Cubs need to erase the chalkboard COMPLETELY and rebuild.
I dont know if they will, but if you start here, you should have a decent team.
Old 10-26-2011, 12:48 PM   #7
Banned

MGM_BLUE's Arena

Lets look at the Cubs Depth Chart.....

Starting with Catcher...

I say keep Soto unless you can get a good deal for him.
Koyie Hill will most likely be released or at least not renewed.

1st Base...

You have Pena who may or may not resign.
I highly doubt the Cubs will sign Pujols or Fielder, so you might be better off training Colvin to play 1B or LaHair.

2B...

In my mind this is your sore spot.
Blake Dewitt is worthless and you are not likely to trade him 1 to 1 unless he is included in a 3 player trade.
Darwin Barney is still young and may or may not be a bust.
Jeff Baker is a good veteran to have on your team and to fill in for anyone needing a day off.

3B...

Aramis may or may not return.
This is going to be a very important decision. Who do you get to fill 3B?
Is Lemahieu really the future of the hot corner? Doubtful!
You need to go hunting for a 3B. David Freese or David Wright may be the ticket for you.

OFers...

I say keep Byrd. You need a good veteran and that man is all heart.
Colvin can play RF especially if you pick up a good 1B
Campana is the fastest man alive. If you get rid of him, then you might as well join the team you trade him to.
Sorriano, trade him if you can. Maybe for a 3B & 2B prospect.
Definitely keep Reed Johnson.

As far as pitchers, well thats a pure roll of the dice.
I suspect the Cubs will call Chip Foose to do a complete overhall of their pen. But I say keep Cashner, Wood, Wells, Dempster, Marshall & Garza and see what you can do with the rest.
Try and get Bell if you can. Good luck though. He may be pricey.

Anyway, thats my opinion!
Old 10-26-2011, 01:51 PM   #8
Banned

amo13's Arena

OVR: 3

Castro is the future up the middle no way the Cubs even think about trading him....but ramirez is my fav cub personally so im gonna keep him but im going after a young 2nd basemen or even a elvis aldrus and play him at 2nd
.....starting pitching is number one in my book tho

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »