Home

"Road To The Show" Suggestions, Improvements or Tweaks for MLB 12

This is a discussion on "Road To The Show" Suggestions, Improvements or Tweaks for MLB 12 within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare
Closed Thread

Old 10-24-2011, 07:07 PM   #1
Hall Of Fame

42's Arena

OVR: 57
"Road To The Show" Suggestions, Improvements or Tweaks for MLB 12

Here's your chance to express your concerns on anything that you want to see improved/fixed, re-balanced, or tweaked to existing gameplay features in RTTS for next year's game.

I (and others) will be taking an early sneak peek at MLB12 (can't say when) and will be able to communicate any concerns/changes the community would like.

As always, constructive comments are welcome.

-Thanks

Last edited by 42; 10-24-2011 at 11:05 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-24-2011, 10:06 PM   #2
Pro

etched Chaos's Arena

OVR: 4
re: "Road To The Show" Suggestions, Improvements or Tweaks for MLB 12

A more immersive free agency system. When you're about to hit the market the game feels soulless without a decent free agency bidding process. I want to feel like my guy is a hot commodity and yet in the Show you have to go through spring training to get a contract from a new team.
Old 10-24-2011, 10:57 PM   #3
Permanently Banned

nomo17k's Arena

OVR: 38

To be added...

RTTS Gameplay

Base running

-- Add player momentum when stealing and getting picked off. When I get on base, I use the R1 (lean) + L3 to left trick to avoid constantly getting picked off on one-step lead. What I noticed is that when I then take off from 1B and the pitcher does pick off to the 1B, I can make a sudden move back to 1B and be safe. This probably is just a bug of something looked over...

-- Pick off play to 2B need to be quicker. I can often steal 3B with an aggressive lead when the pitcher does a pick-off move. Don't know who is the bottleneck (pitcher or a player covering 2B), but this happens a bit too often.

-- Make it easier to steal. I've played quite a few games with a player with max BR attribute ratings (as well as the speed), but I still find stealing a bit too risky unless the pitcher has a very slow delivery and/or throws an off-speed pitch. I'm not sure if this aspect of the game is entirely based on physics and timing that actually happens in the field (as opposed to some adjustments done based on attribute ratings, to make stats in line with reality; my guess is this is what's happening in the game), but even in the RTTS BR practice, it is very very difficult to steal a base unless the jump is near perfect. I doubt it's that hard in reality.

-- Acceleration? This probably belongs to a new idea category and not a tweak, but what about making L3 stick sensitive to how much you want to accelerate the base runner? Deeper you toggle, faster you want to accelerate. Currently it's either go or stop.

Last edited by nomo17k; 11-12-2011 at 04:35 PM.
Old 10-24-2011, 11:05 PM   #4
Permanently Banned

nomo17k's Arena

OVR: 38

To be added...

Misc.

-- Add pitcher/batter analysis for last 10 (or so) games. I like looking at those analysis screen to understand what my strengths/weaknesses are, and if we can analyze this over a few games and not just one game, it would be even more useful. I think the current analysis screen in Locker Room is quite an improvement over MLB 10, but it can even be better.

-- Signs should be given at a more reasonable time, not just with the first pitch of an at bat.

Last edited by nomo17k; 11-12-2011 at 05:17 PM.
Old 10-25-2011, 09:01 AM   #5
"ADAPT OR DIE"

jcar0725's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: "Road To The Show" Suggestions, Improvements or Tweaks for MLB 12

It seems to me that once you reach certain high abilities, and stats in your career, especially at the major league level, you shouldn't be punished for not reaching goals anymore, or benched or sent down to AAA.

My RTTS player was benched for not hitting goals even though I was mashing the ball all over the place. Then I was eventually sent down to AAA even though I was one of the leagues best hitters, and my "abilities" were off the charts. It's not realistic. Seems to me that once you hit "elite" status, you should just be able to focus on playing the game and winning, and trying to reach the H.O.F.

There should just be goal reaching practices and things that keep your player playing at a high level, that if you don't keep up with them, his stats and abilities would start to decrease.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-25-2011, 09:03 AM   #6
Rookie

krmarks's Arena

OVR: 5

Tweaked
  • Manager interactions: Have the request a trade work more like NBA2k11/12 where you can pick 3 teams and actually get traded to one of those 9 times out of 10.
  • Manager interactions: Change position logic needs to move your player to the best possible solution for the lineup. Move my player to LF if there is a logjam in CF and a better rated player is riding the pine while we have a total suckfest in LF.
  • Free Agency: Have it work like Madden or NCAA coaching carousel.
  • Player Creation: Have capped archtypes to choose from, with a 5 tool choice for those that want to play with all 99 ratings if they want. More choices = happy gamers!
Improved/fixed
  • Commentary: needs to have more specific information about my player, things like draft position, milestones, career averages, splits, deficiencies, pending free agency, demanding a trade, phenom, etc.
  • Stop having bunting as a improvement goal if my power is above 70 for gods sake.
  • Goal system for players who are MVP caliber. If I fail a goal and am hitting .350 with 35 bombs and 100+ rbi, I am not gonna get benched by any manager who values his job.
  • Have the money your earn over your career actually do something
  • Improve the newspaper section to maybe have stories about your player specifically.
  • More customizable equipment
  • Custom batter walkup routine...like nomar's batting glove routine or big papi spit handclap routine
  • Create specific milestone cut-scenes like 1st hit, 500th hr, etc
Re-balance
  • Diving plays made by infielders, it gets unreal when I get robbed 2 times every game by an insane dive and throw...ugh
  • Outfielder arms, throws to third shouldn't always be 1 hop rockets from the right center gap.
Old 10-25-2011, 09:16 AM   #7
"ADAPT OR DIE"

jcar0725's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by krmarks
Tweaked

Improved/fixed
  • Goal system for players who are MVP caliber. If I fail a goal and am hitting .350 with 35 bombs and 100+ rbi, I am not gonna get benched by any manager who values his job.
YES, EXACTLY what I meant in my post above. The goals should change to more of a "maintain" instead of "if you don't improve your _____ you're getting benched or sent down" (even though you lead the league in hitting and are on an MVP pace)
Old 10-25-2011, 11:06 PM   #8
Pro

etched Chaos's Arena

OVR: 4

Just to add to your point about commentary krmarks, it needs to be extensive. With both positive and negative conversation points included, so you feel like the game world is acknowledging you on a much wider scale. Also, there should be new game intros revolving around the player when Dave or eRic talk about keys for the game, if you're on a hot streak, it should be part of the pregame package.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »