Home

Has anyone played more than me?

This is a discussion on Has anyone played more than me? within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 08-28-2011, 10:00 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 2
Has anyone played more than me?

I'm currently in the middle of my 3rd season of my franchise, playing every single game. Made the playoffs both years and got knocked out in the first round.

Last year I got through 2 full seasons but just didn't have the juice to continue. I love this game so much it's ridiculous. Perfectly competitive.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-28-2011, 11:50 PM   #2
*ll St*r

Knight165's Arena

OVR: 56
Re: Has anyone played more than me?

That's a heck of a lot of games.
Kudos to you....that's dedication!

I'm through 1 full season of Manage only Mode(playing every game)...plus 2 months into a second season(different franchise).

M.K.
Knight165
Old 08-29-2011, 12:42 AM   #3
Rookie

ive played through about a seasons worth of games myself, but it's been broken up with multiple teams.

I love the game. My only problem over time is I just cant get the perfect offensive settings for me. I play analog batting only cause I love it. Veteran is too easy and I cant draw enough walks. All star is too hard but I can draw walks because of the way the AI pitches to you.

What hitting settings do you use after all those games?
Old 08-29-2011, 01:49 AM   #4
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarrotJuice
ive played through about a seasons worth of games myself, but it's been broken up with multiple teams.

I love the game. My only problem over time is I just cant get the perfect offensive settings for me. I play analog batting only cause I love it. Veteran is too easy and I cant draw enough walks. All star is too hard but I can draw walks because of the way the AI pitches to you.

What hitting settings do you use after all those games?
I use the default sliders. Timing hitting and meter pitching. All-star level. To me, that gives the most realistic results. It took me a little bit to decide on timing hitting, cause I thought it might feel cheap, but player talent SHOULD have a big effect on hitting, not just user talent. Just my opinion.
Old 08-29-2011, 04:11 AM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by nonnel
I'm currently in the middle of my 3rd season of my franchise, playing every single game. Made the playoffs both years and got knocked out in the first round.

Last year I got through 2 full seasons but just didn't have the juice to continue. I love this game so much it's ridiculous. Perfectly competitive.
The answer is YES and his name is (was) CountryBoy.
He usually played with the Cards through 4-6 seasons.

But congrats, you are very dedicated.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-29-2011, 10:05 AM   #6
All Star

crques's Arena

OVR: 36
Smile Re: Has anyone played more than me?

Quote:

Congrats on having the time and dedication to play that many games. Just curious, what sliders are you running with and how many times have you tweaked them during this run? Sliders are killing me!
Old 08-29-2011, 04:58 PM   #7
Banned

coolguy124's Arena

OVR: 17

i actually got 11 the sow a few weeks late cuz i was havinf a blast with rangers 2010 2nd year but eventually it put 10 down to get 11 but it was so much fun working with that subpar pitching staff

Last edited by coolguy124; 09-02-2011 at 12:17 PM.
Old 08-29-2011, 05:40 PM   #8
Rookie

Quote:

Exactly..feeling is mutual...that's great for you though! I have played a lot of games with '11 and possibly not even 2 seasons worth, but I keep switching teams to use in Franchise and do too much starting/stopping in that mode with multiple teams.

It's a combination of things, getting the right settings for realistic results..maybe I watch a game and/or highlights and get the thought..'I wanna do that with that guy or even that team'..the stadiums look great and definitely the graphics are just amazing! Makes it at least difficult for myself to 'pick a certain team to dedicate to'...I'm working on it though..lol

May I ask what team you use? or possibly same team from last year?

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »