Home

Fatigue is not true

This is a discussion on Fatigue is not true within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 08-05-2011, 08:43 PM   #1
Banned

OVR: 0
Fatigue is not true

I was suspicious the game doesn't make seeing the CPU players energy levels easy to see. Someone told me the method by which you can do that. What I found makes me very disappointed. I started a series against the Dodgers after we both had a day off. All our players had full energy. After the first game, the CPU players, best ones like Kemp, Ethier, Loney, and Blake all still had full energy after playing that first game. All my guys had a reduction in energy. There is no way that should happen, Whether it's bad programming or just plain cheating, I don't know, but I do know Fatigue is not handled right for CPU players. Someone posted and asked if the CPU ever substituted its players because he always saw the CPU's best players play against him. Well, if he's reading this, you have the answer.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-05-2011, 08:45 PM   #2
Resident film pundit

Blzer's Arena

OVR: 55
Re: Fatigue is not true

Are you sure they didn't just have good fatigue ratings? Do you think playing on the road might be a factor? (were you in Los Angeles?)
Samsung PN60F8500 PDP / Anthem MRX 720 / Klipsch RC-62 II / Klipsch RF-82 II (x2) / Insignia NS-B2111 (x2) / SVS PC13-Ultra / SVS SB-2000 / Sony MDR-7506 Professional / Audio-Technica ATH-R70x / Sony PS3 & PS4 / DirecTV HR44-500 / DarbeeVision DVP-5000 / Panamax M5400-PM / Elgato HD60
Old 08-05-2011, 09:39 PM   #3
*ll St*r

Knight165's Arena

OVR: 56

Quote:
Originally Posted by ambizytl
I was suspicious the game doesn't make seeing the CPU players energy levels easy to see. Someone told me the method by which you can do that. What I found makes me very disappointed. I started a series against the Dodgers after we both had a day off. All our players had full energy. After the first game, the CPU players, best ones like Kemp, Ethier, Loney, and Blake all still had full energy after playing that first game. All my guys had a reduction in energy. There is no way that should happen, Whether it's bad programming or just plain cheating, I don't know, but I do know Fatigue is not handled right for CPU players. Someone posted and asked if the CPU ever substituted its players because he always saw the CPU's best players play against him. Well, if he's reading this, you have the answer.
How did you finally see the CPU fatigue bars?

M.K.
Knight165
Old 08-05-2011, 10:00 PM   #4
Banned

steelersfan77's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Really? Before I started my franchise (using Knight's rosters) I went and raised every players fatigue rating up, at least the players that IMO were everyday players. And as far as results it has seemed to work. Only when I play mutiple series in a row without a day of rest do I see players on my team showing signs of needing a day off. Much like the real majors.
Old 08-05-2011, 10:12 PM   #5
Pro

Black59Razr's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight165
How did you finally see the CPU fatigue bars?

M.K.
Knight165
Ya, tell us how you saw it so we can test this out too. I assume those top Dodger players recovered so quickly because they have high durability; that is what I have seen in the past. But there is no way to tell unless you test it much better.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-05-2011, 10:19 PM   #6
Rookie

I just checked the Blue Jays roster and after every game they had guys becoming more fatigued. In the final game of the series Jose Bautista even needed a day off. I saw the CPU's fatigue by just playing as them and going to the lineup and checking each player. Then I would back out and play against them with my Twins.
Old 08-05-2011, 11:14 PM   #7
Pro

Black59Razr's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ParkertheSchmitt
I just checked the Blue Jays roster and after every game they had guys becoming more fatigued. In the final game of the series Jose Bautista even needed a day off. I saw the CPU's fatigue by just playing as them and going to the lineup and checking each player. Then I would back out and play against them with my Twins.
So, how did you know Bautista played with full engergy?
Old 08-05-2011, 11:21 PM   #8
*ll St*r

Knight165's Arena

OVR: 56

Well...it doesn't matter, because he's incorrect either way.
The reason I asked how he checked the fatigue was.....someone suggested to him that at the lineup screen he put the controller to the other team and he would see the green bars(even though you can still see them through the "READY" screen as the opposition anyway.)
But you see....once he did that, it was no longer a CPU controlled team, but a HUMAN controlled team, so the fatigue was displaying not as a CPU team on that screen...but as if it was a HUMAN controlled team.(if it really mattered as was put forth...but it does not...just pointing out an error in his test if this was how he checked)
However, it doesn't make a difference, because it would be the same either way. There is not special fatigue boost for CPU controlled teams.
All you would have to do is start a franchise controlling one team...
Go to game 1 on the schedule and play vs. the Dodgers...everyone is full...then go to game 2 and you will see fatigue(even Kemp and Ethier...but just a note...their durability is 97 and 98 respectively) and you would just have to play the games vs. the Dodgers(whoever is playing them).
I'm sure you'd see Kemp and Ethier eventually get subbed for fatigue...even at 97 and 98.
Now....start the franchise again....this time before game 1 put the durability of Kemp and Eithier at 10. Go to game 1 and play(sim if you like)...you will notice a bigger drop in their green bar this time. By game 4 of the season, the CPU will sub for them.

M.K.
Knight165

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »