Home

C'Mon, MLB The Show...Seriously?!

This is a discussion on C'Mon, MLB The Show...Seriously?! within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 08-05-2011, 02:25 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
C'Mon, MLB The Show...Seriously?!

I just lost a Braves season game 8-7 to the Astros that I was leading going into the bottom of the 9th up 7-1. I fast forward through my defensive half-innings, and I got royally screwed. Here is the game log...

Astros Batting, Eric O' Flaherty Pitching

1) groundout 5-3 (1 out)
2) walk
3) double, RBI (Braves 7- Astros 2)
4) E3, Freeman
5) strikeout (2 outs)
6) single, RBI (7-3)
Craig Kimbrel pitching
7) walk
8) Grand slam, 4 RBI (7-7)
9) E4, Prado
10) E8, Schafer
11) single,1 RBI, game over, Astros win 8-7

I know things like this happen in baseball, but 3 ERRORS in the 9th to cost me the game???

That just seems more than a random thing...Prado and Freeman were "fatigued", so I'm guessing that had something to do with it. Schafer, who knows? Maddeningly frustrating and it makes me want to break the game disc in two.

The two most overblown things in this game are player fatigue and pitcher confidence, by far.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-05-2011, 02:44 PM   #2
Banned

tofubrain2's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: C'Mon, MLB The Show...Seriously?!

time to sent kimbrel to AAA...why couldn't something like this happen in the bigs? while i agree with your last statement the very idea that something like this is not feasible is something i have a hard time agreeing with.

i've won games like this and i've lost games like this.
Old 08-05-2011, 02:51 PM   #3
Banned

coolguy124's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by murphyHOF
I just lost a Braves season game 8-7 to the Astros that I was leading going into the bottom of the 9th up 7-1. I fast forward through my defensive half-innings, and I got royally screwed. Here is the game log...

1) groundout 5-3 (1 out)
2) walk
4) E3, Freeman
5) strikeout (2 outs)
6) single, RBI (7-3)
Craig Kimbrel pitching
7) walk
9) E4, Prado
10) E8, Schafer

I know things like this happen in baseball, but 3 ERRORS in the 9th to cost me the game???

That just seems more than a random thing...Prado and Freeman were "fatigued", so I'm guessing that had something to do with it. Schafer, who knows? Maddeningly frustrating and it makes me want to break the game disc in two.

The two most overblown things in this game are player fatigue and pitcher confidence, by far.
thats what u get for simming i never sim karma
Old 08-05-2011, 02:59 PM   #4
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by tofubrain2
time to sent kimbrel to AAA...why couldn't something like this happen in the bigs? while i agree with your last statement the very idea that something like this is not feasible is something i have a hard time agreeing with.

i've won games like this and i've lost games like this.
As have I, but three guys with above avg. fielding ratings committing errors in the bottom of the 9th because of the fatigue factor? (and Schafer was NOT fatigued, by the way)

It's just a really cheap way to lose a game and it sucks when (it seems) there are more forces at work than just the abilities of the pitchers, hitters, and fielders.
Old 08-05-2011, 03:36 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 20

I don't understand those who complain about stuff like this happening. I really know how to express in words what I'm trying to say, but I guess what I'm saying is how do you expect to ever lose if it's not random. I mean I always hear someone ranting and raving about blowing a save or the CPU coming back when down big. What do you want? Do you want to win every game? And if that's not what you're expecting then how else can they make the game so that sometimes you win and sometimes you lose.

Of course it's going to be random, all sports video games are. I'm sure it's programmed a certain way to a degree. Eventually x will happen after so many games or so many AB's or chances in the field. I just don't know what the guys who complain about this want. If I'm up 7-1 in the 8th and end up losing I just look at it like I would if I were really playing, that my opponent got it's stuff together and came back and beat me.

I guess I just see that as something that happens all the time in real life and it's part of what makes this game fun.....that no lead is safe.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-05-2011, 03:42 PM   #6
Pro

Black59Razr's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by murphyHOF

1) groundout 5-3 (1 out)
2) walk
4) E3, Freeman
5) strikeout (2 outs)
6) single, RBI (7-3)
Craig Kimbrel pitching
7) walk
9) E4, Prado
10) E8, Schafer

That sucks. How can TheShow be so cheesy with these comebacks. I had a comeback that made me brake the game myself.

I was Seattle, playing against Cleveland. I was up 14-2 in the 7th inning and lost. Oh wait, that wasn't TheShow, that was real life
Old 08-05-2011, 03:53 PM   #7
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by moemoe24
I don't understand those who complain about stuff like this happening. I really know how to express in words what I'm trying to say, but I guess what I'm saying is how do you expect to ever lose if it's not random. I mean I always hear someone ranting and raving about blowing a save or the CPU coming back when down big. What do you want? Do you want to win every game? And if that's not what you're expecting then how else can they make the game so that sometimes you win and sometimes you lose.

Of course it's going to be random, all sports video games are. I'm sure it's programmed a certain way to a degree. Eventually x will happen after so many games or so many AB's or chances in the field. I just don't know what the guys who complain about this want. If I'm up 7-1 in the 8th and end up losing I just look at it like I would if I were really playing, that my opponent got it's stuff together and came back and beat me.

I guess I just see that as something that happens all the time in real life and it's part of what makes this game fun.....that no lead is safe.
It would not bother me if it really did seem random. Blown saves happen, 9th inning rallies happen, but this seems anything but random. Now, I'm NOT saying that the outcome was pre-determined. I am saying that the fatigue variable, which seems to influence fielding errors, has been given way too much impact on player attributes.

By the way, dude, this a forum and I have every right to rant and rave within the forum guidelines. One, I can let off some steam if I want after a bad loss. Two, I rant and rave with the idea that someone will take notice and improve the product if there is, in fact, something wrong in the game's design. I don't need you trying to discredit my thread.
Old 08-05-2011, 03:54 PM   #8
Rookie

Suvorov's Arena

OVR: 3

I agree with MoeMoe. No one ever comes on to complain about how THEY came from behind late in the game to win, but will complain non stop when the computer does it.

Also, as a Marlins fan and every time I see a post like this, I would like to introduce you to game 6 of the 2003 playoffs against the Cubs.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »