Home

Can Someone Explain This To Me?

This is a discussion on Can Someone Explain This To Me? within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 08-03-2011, 07:48 AM   #1
Rookie

marshmont's Arena

OVR: 0
Can Someone Explain This To Me?

I don't know all the rules to baseball so maybe I'm wrong here but how is it that Josh Beckett gets a loss in a 7-4 ballgame when he only gave up 3 runs? This isn't the first time I've seen this with this game. Beckett pitched 7 innings giving up 3 runs. Bard came in and gave up a couple of runs. I was down 7-2 going into the 9th but Ortiz crushed a homer to make it 7-4. I still lost but how does Beckett get the loss?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-03-2011, 07:59 AM   #2
Pro

OVR: 7
Re: Can Someone Explain This To Me?

It is because Beckett gave up the lead (Losing 3-0 or 3-2 or whatever). That relinquished lead was never reclaimed, therefore, Beckett gets the loss no matter how many runs he gave up.

Now....if Beckett had given up 3 runs, then you took a 4 run lead, then Bard came in and let the score get to 7-4, well, then Bard would get the loss.

Basically it boils down to the fact that Beckett gave up the lead, and the lead was never taken back.
Aoccdrnig to a rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it deosn't mttaer in waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoatnt tihng is taht the frist and lsat ltteer be at the rghit pclae. The rset can be a ttoal jmulbe and you can sitll raed it wouthit a porbelm. Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe.

amzanig huh?
Old 08-03-2011, 08:04 AM   #3
Rookie

marshmont's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Can Someone Explain This To Me?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelvarr
It is because Beckett gave up the lead (Losing 3-0 or 3-2 or whatever). That relinquished lead was never reclaimed, therefore, Beckett gets the loss no matter how many runs he gave up.

Now....if Beckett had given up 3 runs, then you took a 4 run lead, then Bard came in and let the score get to 7-4, well, then Bard would get the loss.

Basically it boils down to the fact that Beckett gave up the lead, and the lead was never taken back.
Ok. I guess that makes sense. I never understood that but I have to live with it. Thanks for explaining that to me.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »