Home

Should I buy MLB The Show 11?

This is a discussion on Should I buy MLB The Show 11? within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 07-14-2011, 12:12 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
Should I buy MLB The Show 11?

So I don't really know anything about baseball except the basics. Strikeouts, 1st base, steals, homeruns, rbi's, Haha yeah. I'm more of a basketball/football guy. I played the demo and it was pretty fun. Getting strikes, getting some hits that got me a single or a double. No homerun. Thing is, everything seemed so foreign to me. Didn't know what was what and such.

Should I buy it and just learn from there? How hard would you rate of learning the sport of baseball? Just need some insight on this. Would be greatly appreciated.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-14-2011, 09:01 AM   #2
Permanently Banned

nomo17k's Arena

OVR: 38
Re: Should I buy MLB The Show 11?

I don't know, but if I were you I'd keep playing the demo for a bit more. If it keeps you interested and makes you feel that you wanna learn/do more with the game, you'll naturally want to get a copy. I thought I was not going to buy a baseball game when I was trying the demo, but after a while I just had to get this game. That was MLB 10. Remember though what you can try with the demo is just a tiny fraction of what you can do with the game.

I've been a baseball nerd for quite some time though, so if you haven't been into the sport, not sure how you'd feel. At the same time the Show is a great game to learn about baseball and MLB specifically IMO. The commentators in the game often talk about how to play the sport, etc.
Old 07-14-2011, 09:10 AM   #3
Rookie

chemical360's Arena

OVR: 5

If you are having fun playing it, than why not? The game allows you to either dig deep into the sport and control all aspects of it, or you can just launch into a baseball season with your local team and just play....

But then, there is also the possibility that if you were never a baseball fan to begin with, I am thinking you might eventualy get bored. Baseball games can ben grueling time contests with not a whole lot going on.

As the previous poster said, keep tackling the demo for a while and see if it holds your interest.
Old 07-14-2011, 12:21 PM   #4
MVP

OVR: 16

I'm a hockey guy, but MLB the Show is what got me more interested in baseball over the past couple years. I haven't regretted a purchase yet. Once you get involved in it, and realize all that really goes behind setting up a game / strategies / pitching, etc...you appreciate the sport more.
Old 07-14-2011, 04:22 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven547
I'm a hockey guy, but MLB the Show is what got me more interested in baseball over the past couple years. I haven't regretted a purchase yet. Once you get involved in it, and realize all that really goes behind setting up a game / strategies / pitching, etc...you appreciate the sport more.
I agree with what yous aid last. When I watch baseball I like how the pitcher has to mix it up to get the out. When a pitcher gets a strikeout, just seems so cool. Hockey and Baseball are two sports I need to learn more about. I watch games, I just don't understand everything Haha.

I'll be buying MLB The show 11. Found a copy for $30
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-14-2011, 04:31 PM   #6
MVP

woody2goody's Arena

OVR: 5

I didn't know a lot about baseball until I bought MLB 08 The Show. I'd only watched a few games before that, but three years and probably 300 games of virtual baseball later, I'd say I'm a proper fan now

Welcome to the show!

Now Playing FIFA, UFC 4, PGA Tour 2k23, WWE, MLB The Show and Dirt Rally 2.0
Old 07-15-2011, 01:53 PM   #7
MVP

OVR: 16

There is not much I know about Baseball either, but I enjoy this game. And my lack of knowledge could be a good thing, because I might not notice some issues with the game that other might....trade logic, etc. So I'll enjoy it for what it is, baseball.
Old 07-15-2011, 02:25 PM   #8
DJ
Hall Of Fame

DJ's Arena

OVR: 47

This game will make you a baseball fan. Enjoy it.
PGA Tour 2K23 (PS5)

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »