Home

Clutch Rating

This is a discussion on Clutch Rating within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 04-26-2011, 11:38 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 4
Clutch Rating

I play Manager Mode.....what does this attribute actually pertain too.....is it the ability to hit with people in Scoring Position or is it tied into getting a hit when the game is near the end and on the line......just wanted to know because I play with the Mets and Angel Pagan has like a 91 rating....but all my hitters have Clutch ratings in the 60's besides Jason bay who's is in the 70's.......Thanks!!!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-26-2011, 11:59 AM   #2
Permanently Banned

nomo17k's Arena

OVR: 38
Re: Clutch Rating

I'm curious about the clutch ratings too.

Searching the past threads, Knight mentioned these act as modifiers for certain ratings (contact & power for batters, X/9 ratings for pitchers were mentioned) in some pressure situations. The amount of rating cut/boot is not exactly known it appears, but looks like it is only nominal; you don't want Bill Pecota to suddenly become Barry Bonds in clutch situations so nominal effects only make sense... That much info I gathered so far.
Old 04-26-2011, 04:30 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 4

Thanks for giving your input on that Nomo....it would be good to know because I may setup my lineup lil differently...if this plays a big part in what happens
Old 04-26-2011, 04:59 PM   #4
Permanently Banned

nomo17k's Arena

I don't think the rating has a very big effect. Otherwise it would be very noticeable and we wouldn't be wondering if it has any effect at all in this thread here haha. Over the course of season, maybe the player with high clutch gets an edge several times, maybe a dozen... I think that's the kind of small effect we would be talking about. I'm guessing though. IRL it's actually questionable if clutch abilities exist at all.
Old 04-26-2011, 05:08 PM   #5
Banned

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomo17k
I don't think the rating has a very big effect. Otherwise it would be very noticeable and we wouldn't be wondering if it has any effect at all in this thread here haha. Over the course of season, maybe the player with high clutch gets an edge several times, maybe a dozen... I think that's the kind of small effect we would be talking about. I'm guessing though. IRL it's actually questionable if clutch abilities exist at all.
There is no doubt that clutch exists in real life. The doubt stems in whether clutch exists in the pros and to what extent, as all pros have already proven to be clutch else they wouldn't be pros. That being said, I would love to know how and when it works on the game. It is my opinion, and based on zero facts whatsoever, that the "when" is discernible by the vibrating controller. It seems to happen in what would usually be considered a clutch situation. As to the effect, who knows? I have never been able to garner enough data to make that kind of call, even anecdotally.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-26-2011, 05:13 PM   #6
Permanently Banned

nomo17k's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by cardsleadtheway
There is no doubt that clutch exists in real life. The doubt stems in whether clutch exists in the pros and to what extent, as all pros have already proven to be clutch else they wouldn't be pros. That being said, I would love to know how and when it works on the game. It is my opinion, and based on zero facts whatsoever, that the "when" is discernible by the vibrating controller. It seems to happen in what would usually be considered a clutch situation. As to the effect, who knows? I have never been able to garner enough data to make that kind of call, even anecdotally.
Clutch and choking in a sense of having confidence in their ability do exist and can even see it when you and your varsity teammates play (LOL), but as you implied I was talking about MLB players.

Some things are never explained in detail, even in the online manual. Clutch ratings are those...
Old 04-26-2011, 05:37 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 1

Clutch situations exist. Clutch performances exist. But clutch abilities (the ability to repeatedly perform well in clutch situations) does not exist.
Old 04-26-2011, 05:38 PM   #8
Banned

OVR: 11

CLUTCH is a myth. It doesnt exist.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »