Home

MLB 11 The Show Intro Stutter and Game Stutter? ... Rebuild the Database

This is a discussion on MLB 11 The Show Intro Stutter and Game Stutter? ... Rebuild the Database within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 04-25-2011, 07:18 PM   #97
Rookie

irishred002's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: MLB 11 The Show Intro Stutter and Game Stutter? ... Rebuild the Database

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dodgersnlakers109
Did anyone else have to redo sounds of the show after the reboot? My jukebox went nuts started playing chants and wrong songs.
Yah, just did this earlier and noticed it. I haven't had time to yet, but i imagine if i delete the songs out of the jukebox and then readd them things will be back to normal. (Fingers crossed)

UPDATE : yah, it worked, but i have to go back and reassign all of my team music - do'h! I have a 60gb system and i see that the songs don't match up with the file name anymore. Example: in the bottom right hand corner it will say a metallica song is playing, but i hear a foo fighters song. I also noticed that its only mixed up in game. If i play the song out in the xmb, theres no problem. One last thing, i don't have my music in a folder or playlist. Its just there under the music tab, maybe that had somethingvto do with the mess up?

Last edited by irishred002; 04-26-2011 at 05:52 PM.
Old 04-25-2011, 07:27 PM   #98
Banned

OVR: 11

I agree that this should be in every forum as a sticky.

This is great info and affects anyone with a PS3.

Thanks EnigmaNemesis!! Long time eh?
Old 04-25-2011, 11:27 PM   #99
I can't feel it

Jgainsey's Arena

OVR: 22

Add me to the list of people this has worked for. No more audio stutter on the game's start up, and no more in game stuttering either. Thanks Enigma, great info.

Btw, all of walk up music and other sounds of the show stuff is still working. Didn't have to redo anything.. very nice.
Old 06-01-2011, 09:25 AM   #100
Rookie

Hey guys, unfortunately, rebuilt the database didn't do it for me. It has been getting increasingly bad, especially in game, it stutters sometimes every 3-4 pitches.
When I pitch, after pressing a button and selecting a pitch or sometimes in the middle of the delivery, same thing when I am hitting, the swing is started, then pause for half a sec and throw the timing way off... I have a 500GB HDD in there by the way, it was a 320GB slim unit to begin with... Do I need to rebuild and then remove the songs from the jukebox (which I did) or rebuild, delete all the songs from the HDD and add them back? Please help, it is driving me nuts.
Does it matter if I enable internet or not, although I think I have tried both and see no difference.
Old 06-01-2011, 06:31 PM   #101
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnigmaNemesis
Reinstall game data (but if you have sounds of the show you will lose it all).
Delete the game data and reinstall the game? What will happen to the existing roster, franchise and stuff?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-04-2011, 08:40 PM   #102
Rookie

OVR: 0

i tried this...twice and i still have the in game struttering/lag. it does it in the begining of the game and then it'll will just randomly stop and then when theres a clutch moment, say man on second with the game tied, it'll start lagging bad again. I'm kinda giving up on this game even though i love everything about it. Anyone know anything else i can do to stop the lag?
Old 06-04-2011, 08:59 PM   #103
MVP

mpbaseball22's Arena

OVR: 14

Is it a constant lag? Or does it stutter here and there every now and then?

I used to have the game intro stutter happen but that was fixed and every now and then it will lag a bit for a second or two.. But very rarely
Old 06-04-2011, 11:37 PM   #104
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpbaseball22
Is it a constant lag? Or does it stutter here and there every now and then?

I used to have the game intro stutter happen but that was fixed and every now and then it will lag a bit for a second or two.. But very rarely
It happens quite constantly, sometimes it freezes for a whole second during a pitch and it might happen again a few pitches later. It almost never gets pass 2-3 innings without it stuttering once.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »