Home

Injury to pitchers on line drives?

This is a discussion on Injury to pitchers on line drives? within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 03-30-2011, 11:24 AM   #1
Banned

OVR: 0
Injury to pitchers on line drives?

I was wondering if anyone has seen a pitcher get injured by a line drive yet? I know last year pitchers would get hit by a 100mph line drive and pick it up like nothing ever happened. I have hit a few slow line drives at the pitcher where it hit them in the leg and they had to walk it off but no injury yet. I also hit a one hop chopper to the pitcher where it bounced up and got the pitcher in the chin and he went down and started kicking his legs but he was fine to pitch the rest of the game. I just want to know if anyone has injured a pitcher yet by a line drive or is it just like last year? Thanks for reading.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-30-2011, 11:42 AM   #2
Banned

Re: Injury to pitchers on line drives?

YES! I was playing as the Red Sox against the Blue Jays, and Youkilis hit a pitcher and there was about a minute animation of him being injured and walking around and the catcher going to see him. I let the animation play out because I had not seen it before. (HE DID STAY IN THE GAME)

The next day, I was in Oakland and Gonzalez hit a pitcher in the upper thigh with a line-drive in the 4th inning, and he had to come out of the game right there. It was kind of cool (not that he got injured, but that it happened and had such an impact on the game as to have him removed due to the injury).

Last edited by Sunjah_Khan; 03-30-2011 at 12:33 PM.
Old 03-30-2011, 11:46 AM   #3
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunjah_Khan
YES! I was playing as the Red Sox against the Blue Jays, and Youkilis hit a pitcher and there was about a minute animation of him being injured and walking around and the catcher going to see him. I let the animation play out because I had not seen it before.

The next day, I was in Oakland and Gonzalez hit a pitcher in the upper thigh with a line-drive in the 4th inning, and he had to come out of the game right there. It was kind of cool (not that he got injured, but that it happened and had such an impact on the game as to have him removed due to the injury).
Thanks for that info. That is what i was hoping to hear
Old 03-30-2011, 03:02 PM   #4
MVP

VanillaGorilla's Arena

OVR: 9

...he stayed in the game.
Old 03-30-2011, 03:04 PM   #5
Banned

I've seen pitchers in real life get hit in the head and stay in.

Poor Bryce Florie!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-30-2011, 03:08 PM   #6
Hall Of Fame

bcruise's Arena

OVR: 48

I've seen one get hit in the throwing arm and have to leave the game.

I've also seen one get hit in the head and stay in (though that was during a co-op game....)
Old 03-30-2011, 08:25 PM   #7
Tar Heels/UCF

skinfan31's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by VanillaGorilla

...he stayed in the game.

DAMN!!!!!!!!! That was vicious. No way he should have stayed in. If it was real life, dude would not feel good for a very long time.......

I was at the Phillies game today, and late in the game one of their pitchers got hit by a line drive and had to leave the game. The hit was a minuscule compared to this one.
Old 03-30-2011, 11:25 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 4

Now they need the infielders to rush over to him instead of just batting their gloves after the out, but...one step at a time I guess.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »