Home

Franchise budget

This is a discussion on Franchise budget within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 03-27-2011, 11:16 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Franchise budget

Which teams have the highest budget in franchise mode? Is it random or is it based on real like NYY, Bos, NYM, etc...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-27-2011, 11:23 AM   #2
Pro

indcolts18288's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: Franchise budget

I would just like some budgeting info as well. Like where do you guys/girls set your ticket prices, food prices etc. Do you get a loan? Do you to the billboards? And marketing?
Blackhawks fan
Old 03-27-2011, 12:48 PM   #3
Pro

bbking26's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by indcolts18288
I would just like some budgeting info as well. Like where do you guys/girls set your ticket prices, food prices etc. Do you get a loan? Do you to the billboards? And marketing?
I do 2 max loans, all billboards are for good until all star break. Get more money that way.

Arizona State will bounce back this year too.

The Cubs will end the streak next year
Old 03-27-2011, 08:43 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 2

I tested this out last year for player budget and yes the Yankees and Boston had large budgets but I created three high rated create-a-players and started a franchise with the Cubs and they had a 150 million dollar yearly player budget. So I tried to start a franchise with the Cubs with the default roster had the budget was a lot lower. I don’t recall testing the budget of the Mets but I did try and the Yankees.

I haven’t tested this out in 2011 yet because my PS3 keeps breaking but if I had to take a guess based on my tests I would say the budget is determined by the overall talent level of your team when you start franchise mode. Of course there are two budgets as I recall so this is only the player budget.
Old 03-28-2011, 06:40 AM   #5
Rookie

Ike Slider2's Arena

OVR: 10

I run with 0 loans, but because your home opening series will always come close to selling out I buy as many seats as I can and I put the price high for seats. Also, I buy as many of the drink/peanut/ ice cream guys that I can and I set the price low for food and souvenirs. Then they buy food and things and you will make more money that way. After the opening series I drop the ticket price down to average and I run a small promo for every game. Also, more people come on weekends so I might raise the price a little. With all that money you can now really buy stuff and get good free agents.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-28-2011, 11:38 AM   #6
MVP

oldman's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ike Slider2
I run with 0 loans, but because your home opening series will always come close to selling out I buy as many seats as I can and I put the price high for seats. Also, I buy as many of the drink/peanut/ ice cream guys that I can and I set the price low for food and souvenirs. Then they buy food and things and you will make more money that way. After the opening series I drop the ticket price down to average and I run a small promo for every game. Also, more people come on weekends so I might raise the price a little. With all that money you can now really buy stuff and get good free agents.
A few years ago I found a post on another website that explained the best way to get money. It was very informative and I have followed that strategy ever since. The result has been me making tons of money year in and year out. I will search the internet and see if I can the post about this, but here is the gist of it:

1. First things first, max out on all of the 10K vendors. Peanut guys etc.
2. Buy the Face Painting stand. It is cheap and it gives you a lot of bang for your buck based upon it's cost.
3. Jersey's and Junk stores are your gold mine! Everytime you can afford one of these, buy it. Usually at the start of a franchise I can afford two and buy the end of the season I am close to being maxed out.
4. Have a promo that cost between 30-40k for every home game.
5. Constantly adjust ticket and parking prices and keep them at the top part of the green area.

These are the basics of it. The post was much more detailed, but either way, by following these tips, I have made tons of money, even with teams that have losing records.

WOO PIG SOOIEE!
Old 04-05-2011, 01:21 AM   #7
Sic 'em Bears!

BaylorBearBryant's Arena

OVR: 10

Thought this might be relevant information for franchise mode.

2011 Opening Day Payrolls Highest to Lowest
Per USA Today
  1. New York Yankees
  2. Philadelphia Phillies
  3. Boston Red Sox
  4. Los Angeles Angels
  5. Chicago White Sox
  6. Chicago Cubs
  7. New York Mets
  8. San Francisco Giants
  9. Minnesota Twins
  10. Detroit Tigers