Home

MLB 10 holdovers

This is a discussion on MLB 10 holdovers within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 03-15-2011, 03:51 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 3
MLB 10 holdovers

I did search for a thread on this, but haven't found it...if I missed it, please direct me to it.

I haven't purchased 11, and not sure if I'm going too. Just curious as to how many others in the forum plan to just stay with 10?

I'm not very good to begin with as far as hitting in 10, and don't get to play as much as I would like too, or probably need too, to be better. My thinking...why spend the money just because it's new, if I'm no better at playing it.

It does seem as if 11 plays good, but I know I'm not the only one that sees the need to upgrade at this point. Not downplaying others if they did, because I can see why someone who plays the game well, would want to upgrade.

Just curious...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-15-2011, 04:43 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 6
Re: MLB 10 holdovers

I probably won't help you, but I planned on not getting 11 and sticking with 10. I ended up purchasing 10 from ebay for $16 played it a bit, and then played the demo, and realized I wanted the new one. Sold 10 for $17 on ebay, and picked up 10 and am glad I did.

Game is smoother, plays better, all the "Little Things'' make this game so much better. The scoreboards all being true to form, the pitching cams, the improved HR Derby, the uniform options, the lighting, the weather/rain.

I am a season Ticket Holder for the Twins and have been blown away at how accurate they got Target Field in the game.
Old 03-15-2011, 04:51 PM   #3
Banned

OVR: 14

I wasn't planning on being a holdover, but I will be if they don't start patching the bugs. If Knight's rosters drop, but no patches are around to fix stuff, then I will just wait it out until next year.
Old 03-15-2011, 07:33 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 4

I'll give you my take--

I WAS going to hold off for awhile to read some reviews and get a feel for the majority of impressions from folks here. Maybe even wait for a price drop. But then, when SCEA announced that they had fixed the Franchise issues AND that trade logic was improved, I was sold. Well, I feel suckered now, as those any many issues from the past few years are STILL common in '11.

On the bright side, as I've never really played that many games since the first couple of months of '09 (I'm a big fan of Manager mode Franchise only) I can say that the gameplay of '11 seems polished and very improved. I've even been trying the Road to the Show for the 1st serious time the past 4 days. Although, I can feel this mode would get stale for me after a month or two because the same Franchise issues will come into play sooner or later.
Plus, I just think a lot of the menus and screen navigations in the game need an overhaul...which is a huge issue (for me) that I have put up with in the past due to getting very involved in Franchise mode.

I say, if you can afford it and you're not a big Franchise guy, go for it.
If you are however, you might want to wait for a price drop or for them to finally get their hands dirty fixing this game. Might be another year of "next year" with this series...hopefully not.

**I just read your post again, and I would tell you to seriously stick with '10 if you don't "play as much as you would like to anyway". Play '10 some more and practice your game...after a month or two you might be so involved at that point you could care less what version you have. Heck, I'd even tell people with '09 to wait until next year at this point.
That will give you time to wait for a used '11 or to find out if they're fixing enough of this year's issues to make it worth it.

Last edited by treyraq; 03-15-2011 at 07:38 PM.
Old 03-15-2011, 07:37 PM   #5
Rookie

gubunko's Arena

OVR: 5

I'm doing what cards is doing. I have a RttS going on in 10 that I want to finish, Knight's roster aren't perfect usually until around Memorial Day, and Tiger Woods has Augusta this year. BUT. If the AI logic is not fixed, I'll probably pass.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-17-2011, 02:35 PM   #6
Pro

cardsfan2222's Arena

OVR: 12

I'm hanging on to 10 for another year. I don't want to restart my franchise again, especially since franchise mode hasn't been changed much. I don't care about analog hitting and pitching, so there wasn't a feature that stood out to me. I'm more about bug-free gameplay than better graphics.

I'll probably wait until 12 comes out, and make sure the franchise glitches are fixed on it before upgrading.
Old 03-17-2011, 03:21 PM   #7
MVP

OVR: 17

I, for one, find analog hitting and pitching to be amazing. Many other little improvements that make this so worthwhile. You can customize so many sounds now that make it a crazy good experience. I could go on, but you get my point.
Jacksonville Jaguars
University of Michigan
Detroit Redwings
Detroit Pistons
Atlanta Braves
Old 03-17-2011, 03:39 PM   #8
Pro

SolidSnake07's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by rskjackson
I did search for a thread on this, but haven't found it...if I missed it, please direct me to it.

I haven't purchased 11, and not sure if I'm going too. Just curious as to how many others in the forum plan to just stay with 10?

I'm not very good to begin with as far as hitting in 10, and don't get to play as much as I would like too, or probably need too, to be better. My thinking...why spend the money just because it's new, if I'm no better at playing it.

It does seem as if 11 plays good, but I know I'm not the only one that sees the need to upgrade at this point. Not downplaying others if they did, because I can see why someone who plays the game well, would want to upgrade.

Just curious...

Stick with 10. If you arent that good with 10 then 11 will make you break stuff. If you dont play as often then dont waste $60. Just stick with what you got and use that $60 to get Infamous 2 in a few months. Thats gonna be a fun game.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »