Home

Does anyone play this game for fun?

This is a discussion on Does anyone play this game for fun? within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 03-10-2011, 02:09 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Does anyone play this game for fun?

It seems that there's an overwhelming obsession with absolute realism with this game. On some level, I get it - it's a simulation. But if all you're doing is tweaking to make sure you get the EXACT stats a player will in real life, even if it means switching to "Timing" style hitting, is it even fun? What's the point of playing?

Personally, I like Zone hitting and trying to hit 70 home runs with, say, Nick Swisher.

I mean, it's just a video game. The 'real thing' is available to watch on TV or play in real life. I'm not saying everyone but me is wrong - to each their own, and everyone is certainly free to play the game as they see fit! But for me, fantasy draft with DH in both leagues is the way to go!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-10-2011, 02:17 PM   #2
Rookie

Re: Does anyone play this game for fun?

I dont go for exact sim, I end up gettin bored with my play if I have more pitchers duals than anything. I prefer a more offensive game..Id rather see 8-5 wins every game over 2-1 wins. Like I said somewhere else, this game is too pretty to not see the ball go everywhere. I love playin D and runnin the bases too..Besides its just more fun being able to pitch well and bat well..Nothing worse than getting 3 hits or less over 9 innings of play.

And although no, I dont wanna have scutaro hitting 40hrs, I like when everyones hittin.
Old 03-10-2011, 02:24 PM   #3
Rookie

im not nearly as hardcore as a lot of guys on here, but I think to a lot of us, the fun is in the realism.
Old 03-10-2011, 02:26 PM   #4
Crunchy

Mabster's Arena

OVR: 7

I think EVERYONE plays the game for fun. It's just that what defines "fun" is different for each person.
Old 03-10-2011, 02:30 PM   #5
Rookie

Pirate's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Only One Haze
im not nearly as hardcore as a lot of guys on here, but I think to a lot of us, the fun is in the realism.
Exactly. The fun is the realism. Just as you like to try to smash 70 with Swish, I like to have a realistic experience.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-10-2011, 02:35 PM   #6
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pirate
Exactly. The fun is the realism. Just as you like to try to smash 70 with Swish, I like to have a realistic experience.
Like I said - to each their own. I shouldn't have asked if anyone plays for "fun" - poor word choice. Obviously, everyone plays for fun! What I meant, and some of you picked up on this, was whether anyone plays for and enjoys results that are 'more than realistic'.
Old 03-10-2011, 02:36 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 1
Thumbs down Re: Does anyone play this game for fun?

I used to - until they removed Rookie Guess Pitch....
Old 03-10-2011, 02:48 PM   #8
Rookie

Brotha2ThaNight's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by jswaykos
It seems that there's an overwhelming obsession with absolute realism with this game. On some level, I get it - it's a simulation. But if all you're doing is tweaking to make sure you get the EXACT stats a player will in real life, even if it means switching to "Timing" style hitting, is it even fun? What's the point of playing?

Personally, I like Zone hitting and trying to hit 70 home runs with, say, Nick Swisher.

I mean, it's just a video game. The 'real thing' is available to watch on TV or play in real life. I'm not saying everyone but me is wrong - to each their own, and everyone is certainly free to play the game as they see fit! But for me, fantasy draft with DH in both leagues is the way to go!
I think if your picking up the game to play buddies and online then mash away...but for those doing franchises no one I assume wants to go 162 - 0 whats the fun in that...4-4 with 4 HRs a game no fun there either...pretty much if your over 13 you should at least be challenging yourself to add some realism into your sports gaming.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »