Home

Timing analog hitting

This is a discussion on Timing analog hitting within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 03-09-2011, 10:17 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
Timing analog hitting

Analog hitting seems real smooth and more of a in control feeling with hitting. I am having a problem with the timing though. Does it seem that the timing per hitter is really different depending on the stride they take. When i go though my order and from a guy with a small stride to a big one it kills my timing, and vise versa. 3 games 8 hits, all singles...ouch
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-09-2011, 10:21 AM   #2
Banned

OVR: 6
Re: Timing analog hitting

havent met a guy yet who has been able to effectively use this new analog hitting out of the box. All the guys at my workplace had to switch back to timing hitting.
Old 03-09-2011, 10:48 AM   #3
All Star

OVR: 24

I have had a bear of a time getting hits with analog. I played 34 innings with analog on the retail version and had i believe 7 hits. That is not counting a few hours of practice mode time. I switched to zone in the 8th inning of that fourth game and hit three homers in the last two innings, then hit another three with two doubles in the game after that. I don't know if i was stepping too early which zapped my power or what.
Old 03-09-2011, 11:12 AM   #4
Pro

agentlaw13's Arena

OVR: 9
Yeah with analog hitting you have to get adjusted to each batters different strides and time them appropriately to determine good contact. I take a practice swing with each player just to see their stride and determine how to time it with the pitchers delivery. I dont consider myself an excellent hitter but my first game i played with the indians vs the orioles and i had 8 runs on 14 hits with 4 bombs (all star level). Most of them came off Guthrie and he was pulled after the 5th. I only had about 4 hits the rest of the game bc of the different relief pitchers and having to adjust to their releases. Thats what i love about the analog hitting. You have to make adjustments just like in real life. I think if you practice and play with analog hitting more, you will come to enjoy it like myself.
Old 03-09-2011, 11:23 AM   #5
Pro

willIam9387's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by agentlaw13
Yeah with analog hitting you have to get adjusted to each batters different strides and time them appropriately to determine good contact. I take a practice swing with each player just to see their stride and determine how to time it with the pitchers delivery. I dont consider myself an excellent hitter but my first game i played with the indians vs the orioles and i had 8 runs on 14 hits with 4 bombs (all star level). Most of them came off Guthrie and he was pulled after the 5th. I only had about 4 hits the rest of the game bc of the different relief pitchers and having to adjust to their releases. Thats what i love about the analog hitting. You have to make adjustments just like in real life. I think if you practice and play with analog hitting more, you will come to enjoy it like myself.
Yeah I def agree you really need to play a couple times with a team to get a feel for their hitter's stances in reference to timing and what not. My first two games I played with my phils and only managed two runs in two games, embarassing I know, but I had plenty of hits and hard hit outs in my second game to get my confidence going. Then this morning, I played to two games against using the dodgers and the tigers, I was totally in a funk hitting, like only managing dribblers and pop ups. So you def have to get familiar with the timing because when using a team for the first time it feels really awkward lol and your timing prob will be off.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-09-2011, 11:27 AM   #6
MVP

Mos1ted's Arena

OVR: 21

I had 13 hits in my first game out of the box on All-Star after spending 30 minutes in practice mode. I suggest giving practice mode a try as it's really informative on the different aspects of hitting.
Old 03-09-2011, 11:32 AM   #7
Pro

OVR: 7

the practice modes sound great.

im sure struggles will lower once the game has been out longer and lots of people give it their time and patience.
Old 03-09-2011, 11:49 AM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 1

My problem is I want to get into my franchise now..lol. I think I will make a RTTS guy and use analog hitting to get better at it, since I love the way it feels when solid contact is made. I made the switch back to zone for not in my franchise. I think the players that play every game in a season will like it better than guys who sim a lot of games to get years into franchises since they will get more practice witht he same guys. I do fine in practice mode, but when I get into a game and there are different strides im screwed. I bet Jose Bautista's will really mess people up since its do high. Buster Posey also

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »