Home

Guess Pitches & Zones

This is a discussion on Guess Pitches & Zones within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 03-02-2011, 08:37 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
Guess Pitches & Zones

I'm going with the analog approach and because its new to all of us, I tend to guess the pitch and zone to help with how bad I am at analog (right now). I know practice will help, but if you guess the zone correctly, but not the pitch, does your PCI drop considerably? What if you guess both wrong, does it get even smaller? What I am asking...are there different sizes of the PCI circle?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-02-2011, 05:05 PM   #2
MVP

Heroesandvillains's Arena

OVR: 27
Re: Guess Pitches & Zones

Quote:
Originally Posted by dlavia28
I'm going with the analog approach and because its new to all of us, I tend to guess the pitch and zone to help with how bad I am at analog (right now). I know practice will help, but if you guess the zone correctly, but not the pitch, does your PCI drop considerably? What if you guess both wrong, does it get even smaller? What I am asking...are there different sizes of the PCI circle?
I can't answer your question, but I can tell you how to find the answer:

Go to gameplay options and turn the PCI (Plate Coverage Indicator) ON.

Guess as you normally would, and you'll physically see the PCI change sizes.
Old 03-02-2011, 09:38 PM   #3
Pro

OVR: 13

I could have sworn I read form a rep that guess pitch is not an option in stick mode all that left stick stuff is shut off and only used for button batting.

Analog use is just 2 buttons and right stick.

2 buttons are t chose between Power and Contact and all the timing in batting is when you pull back and push forward and to direct your hits you push to the left or right.
Old 03-02-2011, 09:44 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by SFGiantsPBA
I could have sworn I read form a rep that guess pitch is not an option in stick mode all that left stick stuff is shut off and only used for button batting.

Analog use is just 2 buttons and right stick.

2 buttons are t chose between Power and Contact and all the timing in batting is when you pull back and push forward and to direct your hits you push to the left or right.

I would like to know this. I've been trying to move the PCI while using analog.
Old 03-02-2011, 10:10 PM   #5
Pro

OVR: 13

Ok I know I read what I posted but then I just saw this posted by Russell.

Quote:

Originally Posted by MisterDMU

Does the "influence swing" exist anymore in 11? Pressing up on the analog stick before an at-bat seems to only trigger the practice swing.

So....if a man wants to hit a sac fly, is the new strategy just to get under the pitch? (Obviously this is more realistic, I'm just trying to figure out the analog controls.)

R2 for swing influence and guess pitch. What I like to do is initiate a practice swing by pressing up on the right analog stick. During the animation hold R2 and point the R-Stick in the direction you want to influence. You will feel a slight rumble letting you know its done correctly
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-03-2011, 01:47 AM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 4

I don't use Guess Pitch for extra power or contact i use it just to make it a little bit easier.

I have trouble on low balls so i continuously guess Low Fastball. It does cost me a bit of the contact i guess but it helps a hell of a lot knowing if its a fastball or NOT and knowing if its low or not. Cannot tell you how many walks i have gotten out of this haha.

A little exploit i used a little bit in 09 was if i guessed low and saw it was going real low in the dirt i would send my guy on 1st base to 2nd knowing the catcher would have trouble with it. I did not do it very often and it doesn't walk all the time either.

I use Guess PItch 1/4 as it has the lowest positive/negative effect.
Old 03-03-2011, 02:48 AM   #7
Rookie

natey2k4's Arena

OVR: 1

I use Guess Pitch and pick fastball every time cause I'm too impatient/not enough focus to wait to see if the ball is breaking.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »