Home

Help on how to control all teams correctly

This is a discussion on Help on how to control all teams correctly within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 10-26-2010, 02:14 AM   #1
Rookie

Boogyman_33's Arena

OVR: 3
Help on how to control all teams correctly

I've had MLB10 since it came out, but with having a newborn at home wasn't able to really get into it till now. I was wondering if someone could give me the "Barney" style of how I need to set up a franchise with all the teams so you don't run into the 2013 FA crisis that everybody is talking about. Thanks for the help
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-28-2010, 10:34 AM   #2
Banned

OVR: 21
Re: Help on how to control all teams correctly

Do 30 team control sign profile to the team you want to run with. In global options put everything you want the AI to do on auto EXcept for training. This is a must no matter what roster you use training has to be set to manual and do not train your team or any AI teams. The great thing about 30 team control is you can do as much or as little as you like, you can be GM of your team plus be the commissioner of the league and overide any trade that migh be offered. Hope this helps.
Old 10-30-2010, 01:30 PM   #3
Rookie

dbly32's Arena

OVR: 6

Is there any way to have the CPU teams control their own drafts? I tried doing 30 team control and I end up having to make all of the rule 5/amateur draft picks for all teams.
Old 10-30-2010, 09:37 PM   #4
All Star

HustlinOwl's Arena

OVR: 50

http://www.operationsports.com/vBull...franchise.html

Perfect right here

Quote:
Originally Posted by coreyhartsdaughter
I noticed several threads bemoaning confusion regarding 30 team franchise procedure, so I figured I'd post the down and dirty, effective and (most) realistic way I've found (your mileage may vary on the realism):

EDIT: Maybe this was confusing, but I want to mention that I PLAY ALL MY GAMES. All of MY PROFILE settings are on MANUAL.

30 team control, set your profile to your team.

Injuries: ON
Lineups/Rotations: Manual
Roster Moves: Auto
40-Man Roster: Auto
Waivers: Auto
Injury Management: Manual
Trades: Auto (you still have Veto power)

All Operational issues to: Auto

When injuries occur, make the 'keep active', or DL decision. If you DL the player, the CPU will make the respective call-ups, but WILL NOT put them into the starting lineup, rotation. (Thus preventing the lineups/rotations from shuffling).

Interestingly enough the CPU will actually amend their 40 man or 25 man before the lineups or rotations are set. This is awesome, and saves tons of time. It also allows the user to make a more accurate descion on how to 'fix' the lineup deficient the starter. e.g. if a player no longer injured and you say 'place on bench', (ALWAYS say place on bench!), when you go to resolve the lineup/rotation, the 'replacement' has already been optioned to the minors!

Here's my daily order (which also helps to put other games scores on stadium scoreboards):

1. View today's games

2. Sim all games but your own (sim them one by one, then make injury decisions for other teams,) This is also cool because when you're playing your game the presentation will display scores or status of games currently being played (Takes 30 seconds - 1 min)

3. Play your game (again, mileage and time may vary.)

4. After your game, view all messages (the yellow envelop) for every team. (you'll see potential trades, call-ups, etc.) If something is out of whack you can step in. Once you knock out all the messages, you'll be stoked at the fact there are only 4 or 5 teams to review per day. (Takes about 30 seconds.)

5. Go to next day

6. Repeat (this is where you'll be prompted that team X's starting rotation is invalid, go make the appropriate and realistic fix, takes about 1-3 minutes depending on amount of injuries)

7. MOST IMPORTANT when asked about 'auto utilize' or 'place on bench' at MLB level, ALWAYS say 'place on bench'. The CPU will automatically send down the player they called up to replace the injured starter, and you can then perform step 6.

8. Every few days I take a peek to make sure lineups are still kosher, haven't seen a problem. (1-3 minutes)

This saves all the time of moving up/down players and getting all other 29 teams 40 man, 25 man etc proper.
Old 10-31-2010, 02:27 PM   #5
Animal Liberation

EnigmaNemesis's Arena

OVR: 55

Quote:
Injuries: ON
Lineups/Rotations: Manual
Roster Moves: Auto
40-Man Roster: Auto
Waivers: Auto
Injury Management: Manual
Trades: Auto (you still have Veto power)

All Operational issues to: Auto
I assume he means that for the profile assigned to the other 29 teams? Since his is set to MANUAL ALL?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-31-2010, 06:24 PM   #6
Banned

steelersfan77's Arena

OVR: 7

Just to add and I'm not sure if you're interested or not but you can also control inuries, type and length of the injuries, all major transactions and moves related. That includes trades, players designated, call-ups and players being sent down.

You can find all this information at MLB.com under transactions.

Just to let you know you'll probably run into a couple of situations where you won't be able to find a young player you're looking for when trying to call a player up. What I did was look under other types of rosters for missing players and substitue a current player on the roster for the player missing. For example a player I knew was not going to be called up for a player I knew was going to be called up. A sacrifice if you will. I looked under others roster for ratings and such to keep it accurate as possible.
Old 10-31-2010, 06:27 PM   #7
All Star

HustlinOwl's Arena

OVR: 50

in my above post, you also want to turn off training for all 30 teams
Old 10-31-2010, 08:50 PM   #8
Rookie

ovm807's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by HustlinOwl
in my above post, you also want to turn off training for all 30 teams
What is the reason for turning off training, I haven't read anything about that.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »