Home

Velocity in fourth year of RTTS

This is a discussion on Velocity in fourth year of RTTS within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 09-19-2010, 10:41 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Velocity in fourth year of RTTS

So I just started my fourth year as a starting pitcher. My velocity is maxed out for my 4SF, Change up, and Silder, and is at 30 for my 12-6 curve. My scout card says I should be throwing around a 100mph Fast ball, 90mph slider, 70 mph change up, and 73 mph curve. This is only accurate for my curveball. Instead I throw a 96 mph fastball, 86 mph slider, and 80 mph changeup.

This really is starting to bug me since I want a very fast Fastball. I went into create a player mode and created myself with the exact same stats and the speeds were correct. What the Hell? How do i fix this?

Change up was one of my first three pitches and I didn't max out velocity evenly but should this really affect me into my fourth year? Is there a way to fix this without starting over?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-19-2010, 11:42 AM   #2
Banned

OVR: 12
Re: Velocity in fourth year of RTTS

WTF, you just posted this exact same thing in the MLB 2K forum.

?
Old 09-19-2010, 11:52 AM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 1

My starting pitcher is in his 5th year and throws over 100 a few times every game but it isn't the norm for him. Normally around 96-98 and it is really hard for guys to hit so it doesn't bother me. I don't have a change up or curve ball so that could be why. I use a knuckle ball as my change up type pitch because it is the slowest pitch in the game and going from 98 to 60 then throw a 103 is just not fair. I use a slurve instead of a curve since I can paint the corners really well with it and I can start it out at the batter and it just makes the box across the plate. My last pitch is just a slider and is my ground ball pitch which I leave just on the black and in the middle. Everything is maxed for me and while I don't hit the speeds they say I can hit on it every time I do when I am in trouble or have high confidence.
Old 09-19-2010, 12:09 PM   #4
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

Quote:
Originally Posted by MLB01
WTF, you just posted this exact same thing in the MLB 2K forum.

?
Wow! He posted in the incorrect forum the first time which was early in the morning. He made a mistake. No reason to call attention to it.

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Old 09-19-2010, 12:10 PM   #5
Banned

OVR: 4

I think i heard this before, its because all your pitchs share velocity if you didnt know that so since your curveball is only at 30 velocity your other pitches wont have max speed.

Im not sure if im right but i think i heard something like that before.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-19-2010, 12:15 PM   #6
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horowitz
So I just started my fourth year as a starting pitcher. My velocity is maxed out for my 4SF, Change up, and Silder, and is at 30 for my 12-6 curve. My scout card says I should be throwing around a 100mph Fast ball, 90mph slider, 70 mph change up, and 73 mph curve. This is only accurate for my curveball. Instead I throw a 96 mph fastball, 86 mph slider, and 80 mph changeup.

This really is starting to bug me since I want a very fast Fastball. I went into create a player mode and created myself with the exact same stats and the speeds were correct. What the Hell? How do i fix this?

Change up was one of my first three pitches and I didn't max out velocity evenly but should this really affect me into my fourth year? Is there a way to fix this without starting over?
The speed is typically what you can reach. It doesn't equate that you should be constantly throwing 100mph, only that you can reach that speed, and on occasion top it.

I have Joel Zumaya on my team and his pitch speed rating for his fastball is 98mph. Now there are times where I top that mark and hit triple digits and times where he throws 93-94mph. He generally throws 95mph on his fastball.

There really is nothing to fix. Its just the way it is. Pitchers have a range on their pitch speeds. Just because the rating may state that you throw 100mph doesn't mean that every fastball you throw is going to hit 100mph. There is going to be variance and more often than not, you are not going to reach that plateau.

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Old 09-19-2010, 03:38 PM   #7
Rookie

djo201's Arena

OVR: 8

In the Tips and Workarounds Thread it Knight165 posted:

Quote:
RTTS FB problem with pitchers
a lot of people have been having problems with their 4SFB not hitting the velocities it should be in road to the show. The scouting report may have the fastball's velocity at 95-100 MPH but it will only hit speeds around 88-90.

I starting having this problem myself with 3 different starting RTTS pitchers. Then me and nuckles2k2 did some brainstorming, you see he was not having this problem. So we thought it out and found 2 things that worked after extensive testing.

The 1st part of the workaround is to not choose either of these 3 pitches as one of your initial 3: Curveball(12-6 is ok)Changeup and Palmball. This made a difference right away for us, it seems to be ok if you add any of these 3 pitches after you build up your original 3.

Now this 2nd part is very important. You must build the velocity rating of each pitch evenly, because if you build up you 4SFB velocity rating to 99 and have you other pitches anywhere more than 10 points lower than your fastball then it will not hit the speeds you want.

Thanks to brandon_c993 and nuckles2k2 for this
This might have been your problem.
Old 03-21-2011, 04:26 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horowitz
My scout card says I should be throwing around a 100mph Fast ball, 90mph slider, 70 mph change up, and 73 mph curve. This is only accurate for my curveball. Instead I throw a 96 mph fastball, 86 mph slider, and 80 mph changeup.
anyone know if this problem from MLB 10 still exists in MLB 11? it is that problem where if you picked certain offspeed pitches in RttS, then your 4 seam fastball would never reach the top speed listed.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »