Home

This Game lacks that Fun Factor IMO...

This is a discussion on This Game lacks that Fun Factor IMO... within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 08-16-2010, 07:59 PM   #1
Rookie

aga11ah's Arena

OVR: 5
This Game lacks that Fun Factor IMO...

I wish I counted the amount of times I tried to mess with sliders and do this and that to make this game fun but no matter what.. it just doesn't happen and I end up cutting the game off in the 5th inning of a boring 1-1 game.

the way the CPU pitches in this game is beyond a headache. pitchers do make mistakes in real life, often actually... but apparently not on The Show. I've tried every difficulty level combination and honestly.. they are almost all the same as far as CPU pitching goes.

I dunno, I've tried everything and I just can't find this game to be that fun at all. I'm not saying I want 10-9 slugfest games every single night.. but still..

has anyone found a way to make this game exciting? instead of so "sim" that you feel like your the San Diego Padres night in and night out?

Last edited by aga11ah; 08-16-2010 at 08:02 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-16-2010, 08:06 PM   #2
I can't feel it

Jgainsey's Arena

OVR: 22
Re: This Game lacks that Fun Factor IMO...

Have you tried maxing out the Awesome slider?
Old 08-16-2010, 08:09 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 1

I just play and I think it is exciting as long as it is close. A 0-0 game late and I am just trying to do what I can to get that one run to win. That is baseball they aren't all launching bombs into the seats. Play more games than just one into the 5th. On franchise I tend to start slow till I figure out the pitcher then get hot late. On RTTS it depends on the player and what pitches I am seeing. I find it so much fun I am getting bored with all my other games and am trying to find something to do other than play The Show but I keep coming back to it. Maybe try a different game if you find this one boring.
Old 08-16-2010, 08:24 PM   #4
Closet pyromaniac

Whitesox's Arena

OVR: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by aga11ah
I wish I counted the amount of times I tried to mess with sliders and do this and that to make this game fun but no matter what.. it just doesn't happen and I end up cutting the game off in the 5th inning of a boring 1-1 game.

the way the CPU pitches in this game is beyond a headache. pitchers do make mistakes in real life, often actually... but apparently not on The Show. I've tried every difficulty level combination and honestly.. they are almost all the same as far as CPU pitching goes.

I dunno, I've tried everything and I just can't find this game to be that fun at all. I'm not saying I want 10-9 slugfest games every single night.. but still..

has anyone found a way to make this game exciting? instead of so "sim" that you feel like your the San Diego Padres night in and night out?
You've tried Rookie and are getting the same results as you did when you tried Legend? Pitchers definitely make mistakes in this game, and I play on HoF. I think they would be more hittable on Rookie.

Oh, and 1-1 games are exciting imo.
Old 08-16-2010, 08:29 PM   #5
THE Standard in CFB

Bamafan3723's Arena

OVR: 26

I have disagree with you on the fun factor. I've been having alot of good games in my franchise. Some low scoring, some really high scoring. These are the sliders I use. They're a variation of Psycho's. All-Star difficulty. You can try them and see if you like them. I will warn you though, these are tilted to help the CPU hit better so you might not like them. Pitch speed at 8 makes HUM hitting more difficult too.

USER

Power: 3
Timing: DEFAULT
Fouls: DEFAULT
Solid Hits: 2
Starter Stamina: 6
Reliever Stamina: 1
Pitcher Control: 5
Pitcher Consistency: 6

CPU

Power: DEFAULT
Timing: DEFAULT
Fouls: DEFAULT
Solid Hits: 2
Starter Stamina: 8
Reliever Stamina: 2
Pitcher Control: 5
Pitcher Consistency: 6
Strike Frequency: 3
Manager Hook: 2
Pickoffs: DEFAULT

GLOBAL

Pitch Speed: 8
Fielding Errors: DEFAULT
Throwing Errors: DEFAULT
Fielder Run Speed: 1
Fielder Reaction: 10
Fielder Arm Strength: 3
Baserunner Speed: DEFAULT
Baserunner Steal Ability: DEFAULT
Baserunner Steal Frequency: DEFAULT
Wind: DEFAULT
Injury Frequency: 3
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-16-2010, 08:29 PM   #6
Pro

ferriscj24's Arena

OVR: 12

If you don't like "boring 1-1" games, maybe go to the store and pick up "The Bigs" and just hit 1,400 foot homeruns for hours. See ya dude.
Old 08-16-2010, 08:50 PM   #7
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

its baseball....so I'm excited.

If you've tried everything, then there's really nothing anyone here can offer up to help you find that "it" factor that allows you to enjoy the game.

If you're a baseball fan, maybe try the 2k game and see if it offers up what it is you're looking for.

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Old 08-16-2010, 09:01 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 2

One thing Ive noticed is that increasing the timing slider even a click or two makes my swing more fluid and usually, but not always, the game has a "looser " feel from a hitting perspective. Ive gotten a lot of 9-8, 10-7 games etc. Ive also gone the other way and dropped the sliders down and get more of a "dead ball era" feel. Both are fun to me but I can relate to the fun factor somewhat. Its all up to the user. What I think makes this a great game is that the game is adaptable to all different gameplay preferences. Some say turning sliders up is cheating or inviting a slugfest but what Ive found is that no matter what sliders i go with, the games are usually competitive. Personally, I sometimes find it fun to tilt the sliders in my favor. Ive had many games where I'm down by several runs late in the game where with the sliders in my favor I'm thinking "I can still win this" only to score 4 runs in the bottom of the 9th when I needed 5 to tie it up. Close but no cigar. Its equally frustrating to lose when you think you "should " win.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »