Home

Giving up homers to 2nd tier players?

This is a discussion on Giving up homers to 2nd tier players? within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 06-21-2010, 07:52 PM   #1
Pro

OVR: 8
Giving up homers to 2nd tier players?

Hello, i'm currently playing a franchise using all-star difficulty, and the cpu sliders i have set at contact-6, power-6, timing-7 , and solid hits-5.
But the guys that are hitting homers against me are the 2nd and 3rd tier players without any real power...i generally handle the power guys pretty well, but it just seems like all the CPU's players are equal in power and hitting ability? I have heard some discussion on this particular topic before but i wasn't able to find the thread. But, from what i remember it seemed like their was a slider adjustment to put more differential between the REAL power guys and the 2nd/3rd tier players...basically i'm sick and tired of being rocked by the greg zauns and willie harris' and Carlos Zambrano's of the world...Maybe i'm just not pitching these guys as well, but i've played about 40 games now this season and i'm seeing a recurring theme here...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-21-2010, 08:14 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: Giving up homers to 2nd tier players?

Well Zambrano has 20 career home runs, and has served duty as a pinch-hitter. So giving up HRs to him shouldn't be a complete surprise. As for the other players, how many home runs do you give up to these types of players? If it's the majority, then yeah you have something to be annoyed with, but if it's just a few, relax. Remember, even Adam Everett has hit a home run.
Old 06-21-2010, 11:01 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 5

do you think maybe that it's your approach?

Im guessing that when the "power" guys get to the plate you are more strategic at how you pitch to them... and maybe when the 2nd tier guys come up... you aren't... ive been guilty of this before...

pitching the corners against big bats.. then just laying a few in there against the lesser folks only to get rocked on mistake pitches...

just a thought.

NBA- Lakers
NFL- Cowboys
MLB- Yankees/Mariners
NCAA- Texas Longhorns

Old 06-21-2010, 11:23 PM   #4
MVP

OVR: 14

Turn down the Contact slider down. It creates more separation between the top tier players and the lower tiered players.
Old 06-21-2010, 11:30 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 1

it happens and it sucks. my pitcher in RTTS gets owned by cody ross. ive given up about 3 HRs to him in about 5 games
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-22-2010, 01:14 AM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 5

I got 2 in one game hit off me with Juan Pierre, so it happens...lol..
Old 06-22-2010, 09:22 AM   #7
Pr*

Joey's Arena

OVR: 15

This is exactly what came to my mind, as well. How often do you see a lesser player come up big in the postseason while the superstar is held in check? It's entirely possible that you may focus and bear down more on the big hitters and subconsciously let up a little once you get past them. Just a thought.

Quote:
Originally Posted by briand23
do you think maybe that it's your approach?

Im guessing that when the "power" guys get to the plate you are more strategic at how you pitch to them... and maybe when the 2nd tier guys come up... you aren't... ive been guilty of this before...

pitching the corners against big bats.. then just laying a few in there against the lesser folks only to get rocked on mistake pitches...

just a thought.
Old 07-03-2010, 10:00 PM   #8
Rookie

B1ackswords's Arena

OVR: 0

hey i do it too i know you are trying to have a challenging game but i would probaly turn down the power by 1

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »