Home

question about CPU bullpen logic

This is a discussion on question about CPU bullpen logic within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 06-20-2010, 09:57 PM   #1
Pro

OVR: 8
question about CPU bullpen logic

OK say i'm playing against the braves (who in real life normally use moylan in the 7th inning, Saito in the 8th, and wagner as the CLoser...how would i set up the bullpen's depth chart for the braves so that IT MIGHT sometimes happen like that if i were playing against them...I've always been kinda confused about how to use the game's bullpen depth chart so i figured i'd ask...so in the game we have 3 long relief slots, 4 middle relief slots, 2 setup slots, and 1 closer slot...so would i put moylan and saito in the two setup slots? or would i put moylan in the #1 slot of the middle relief and only use one setup slot? I'm just using the braves as an example but i'd like to kinda adjust this for all the teams if i can understand it
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-21-2010, 08:29 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 9
Re: question about CPU bullpen logic

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevilsEve666
OK say i'm playing against the braves (who in real life normally use moylan in the 7th inning, Saito in the 8th, and wagner as the CLoser...how would i set up the bullpen's depth chart for the braves so that IT MIGHT sometimes happen like that if i were playing against them...I've always been kinda confused about how to use the game's bullpen depth chart so i figured i'd ask...so in the game we have 3 long relief slots, 4 middle relief slots, 2 setup slots, and 1 closer slot...so would i put moylan and saito in the two setup slots? or would i put moylan in the #1 slot of the middle relief and only use one setup slot? I'm just using the braves as an example but i'd like to kinda adjust this for all the teams if i can understand it
For teams that have a solid 7-8-9 inning lineup the 7-8 are both considered setup men, although the 8th inning guy technically is the only one that is. Like a couple years ago when the mets had jj puts and wagner i think it was setting up k-rod.
Old 09-18-2011, 05:07 PM   #3
Pro

OVR: 8

i'm still finding that even in a 1 run game, the CPU will bring in a pitcher from the "long relief" slot even in the 7th inning or later, i guess i still just don't understand what the CPU's choice is based on...
Old 09-18-2011, 05:20 PM   #4
Pro

Yankees2009Champs's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevilsEve666
Wagner in closer spot
Saito in top setup spot
Moylan in bottum setup spot/or top RP spot with the other setup spot left vacant

Of course the CPU will still do strange things. I was playing the other day in a 8-1 game and the Mariners completely emptied their bullpen in the seventh. The last guy they brought in was League (closer). You wouldn't bring the closer into a blowout, unless he's getting work in.
"Undaunted, I knew the game was mine to win. Just like in life, ALL of my successes depend on me. I'm the man who has the ball, I'm the man who can throw it faster than heck. So that is why I am better than everyone in the world."

Legendary pitcher Kenny Powers

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »