Home

Made the Playoffs with the Twins

This is a discussion on Made the Playoffs with the Twins within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 06-11-2010, 04:11 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Made the Playoffs with the Twins

First off, I play on Hall of Fame pitching and hitting. I turn off strike zone, ball cursor, guess pitch & vibration. I use the catcher view for both hitting and pitching as well.

I finished the season 85-77. I play 2 games and simulate 1 to get through the season a little quicker. I had the best hitting team in the AL batting .305 for the season. However, my pitching was the 27th best ERA.

I led the division pretty much from end of May to the end. I was chased by the Indians, but they fell off in the last 3 weeks of the season.

I earned the #3 seed (worst record of the division winners in the AL) but was forced to play the #1 seed TB Rays because the AL wild card of course also came out of the East.

The big trade during this season was the Rangers sending R. Smoak and another prospect to the Cards for PUJOLS believe it or not.

So I open the playoffs by surprising the Rays and winning both games in the Trop, but my pitching lets me down and I drop both coming back to Target Field.

So game 5--winner advances. I brink back Antonio Garza from Game 1. I know you are thinking "who!?" I called Garza up in July and he is awesome. He throws 97 and has a nice little sinker as well.

First off about the playoffs, the atmosphere is ELECTRIC! The tension is PALPABLE! You will feel your palms sweating as you bring your closer in the 9th to protect a 1-run game.

I hit back-to-back-to-back home runs in the first inning with Morneau, Cuddyer and Young to get out to an early 4-run cushion. Those 3 homers in a row were something I had never done in a baseball game before and I go back to Tony Larussa Baseball on the Genesis!

Of course the CPU had a run in them and I hold on for a tense 7-6 series clinching win! J.J. Hardy had yet another error in the 9th, but luckily Nathan broke a bat to end it on a Pena ground out.

The CPU did something dumb in this series. They had lost BJ Upon for the season in September, so they played Pat Burrell in CF!? Crawford in CF and Burrell in left would have made a lot more sense, but hey, the CPU usually knows the right thing to do.

So, I win it and my guys come out of the dugout and dogpile near the mound. Cuddyer would probably be the series MVP considering he hit .370 with 3 bombs.

Now it is on to the ALCS against the aforementioned Rangers and their Murderer's Row line-up of Hamilton, Pujols, Kinsler, Cruz & Vlad. I will keep you updated.

Last edited by Foolfordingdongs; 06-11-2010 at 05:03 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-11-2010, 04:42 PM   #2
Rookie

ostie09's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: Made the Playoffs with the Twins

Nice, im with the twins as well but only in mid-june. what rosters did you use with antionio garza? I'm gonna check when I get home and see if he's in my minors.

If you ain't first, you're last.
Old 06-11-2010, 04:58 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 5

I also play as the Twins. I may have to call up this Garza guy. I am playing in All Star hitting and pitching and am running away with the division. 10 games up thru the first 2 months. I need to make it a bit harder. I hit so many home runs with this team it's crazy. I will look into Garza. Having 5 starting pitchers who all struggle to break 92mph gets a bit old. I am also thinking of making Liriano a starter and bringing Duensing to the bullpen. Idk why Duensing is a starter and Liriano is a relief pitcher.
Old 06-11-2010, 04:59 PM   #4
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ostie09
Nice, im with the twins as well but only in mid-june. what rosters did you use with antionio garza? I'm gonna check when I get home and see if he's in my minors.
The roster update was titled LIVE 3 when I downloaded it 2 months ago I believe.
Old 06-11-2010, 05:04 PM   #5
Rookie

I am not online. I wonder if Garza will be available to me.

Are either of you guys using Thome at 3rd? I use him there on a daily basis and he makes a LOT of solid plays out there. It's nice being able to have him in the lineup every day. I got rid of Punto, Span and Mijares. I picked up Big Papi from Boston for Russell Branyon. I traded Span, Punto and Mijares for Sizemore.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-11-2010, 05:12 PM   #6
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by fool

Are either of you guys using Thome at 3rd? I use him there on a daily basis and he makes a LOT of solid plays out there. It's nice being able to have him in the lineup every day. I got rid of Punto, Span and Mijares. I picked up Big Papi from Boston for Russell Branyon. I traded Span, Punto and Mijares for Sizemore.
I think you gave up too much for Sizemore, but I say that only because Span hit .332 for me in 150 games in my season and stole 50 bases! He was the key to getting on base and helping me win the division.
Old 06-11-2010, 05:13 PM   #7
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by fool

Punto is not a good hitter, but he is a good bunter and he is a switch hitter and he is fast.
Old 06-11-2010, 05:18 PM   #8
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foolfordingdongs
I think you gave up too much for Sizemore, but I say that only because Span hit .332 for me in 150 games in my season and stole 50 bases! He was the key to getting on base and helping me win the division.
Sizemore can do everything Span can do. He's also a much better power hitter and I think he is also faster in the outfield. Mijares and Punto are both sleds. I had no use for Punto since Casilla is basically the same "utility" fielder as him but can actually hit so-so and is faster. I really think the Twins are a great team to use in this game, especially with a trade or 2. I also traded Delmon Young away in the Sizemore deal. I may have given up a lot, but Kubel, Sizemore, Cuddyer is a nice outfield if you ask me. Do you know if this 97mph pitcher is available right out of the box? I can't download any roster updates.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »