Home

What team for franchise

This is a discussion on What team for franchise within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 05-31-2010, 10:13 AM   #1
Banned

OVR: 2
What team for franchise

I have a franchise with the Orioles and have gotten 3 games in I made trades for Clay Bucholz and Joba. It seems like this franchise could get boring fast can you guys please help me and recomend me a team with cool uniforms, a cool stadium, and a team whos got some young talent that is average, below average, or terrible.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-31-2010, 10:29 AM   #2
Rookie

Phillies2010's Arena

OVR: 11
Re: What team for franchise

I like the A's cool uni's nice stadium and they have great pitching, and average fielders.
Old 05-31-2010, 01:19 PM   #3
Pro

OVR: 5

I'm currently rolling along with the Pirates. I've played every game so far, just played the first game of May. I'm 16-8...but, here's the catch. I haven't had any real success against a good team, not that I've faced many yet. I've played two series against the Dodgers, with a 3-3 record and about to finish off a four-game set against them. Other than that, I've taken at least two out of three from mediocre-to-basement teams, with the next-best team faced being the Diamondbacks, who are currently 13-12--my only loss to them was a 9-8 game lost in extra innings.

It'll be interesting to see how I fare against stronger teams. The Cubs come to town next and they've got a 13-13 record.

The Pirates are a really tough team to play with because their only true power hitter is Garrett Jones, who is hitting .438 with 6 homers and 24 RBI, with 15 walks and a .527 OBP.

I traded Akinori Iwamura to the Royals for Chris Getz and Kyle Davies, both doing very well for me. I also traded Octavio Dotel to the Tigers for Joel Zumaya. Zumaya has done well, but he's gotten torn apart in his last two outings, with a blown save, a loss and also a save, but he gave up two runs with a three-run lead to get it. I actually really question that blown save, as it seemed like the CPU manipulated the game to force me to lose, since I'm the Pirates and all, but that's a story for a different day.

I do, however, believe the Orioles would be fun, since you'd be competing against the Rays, Yankees, Red Sox AND Jays, but if you make trades within your own division like that, it takes the fun out of it. I never have, and never will, trade within my division, let alone with a top team like the Red Sox.
Old 05-31-2010, 06:07 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 1

Yeah, the Pirates fit your criteria. Awesome stadium, nice uniforms, decent but not great farm. Reds are another team I'd consider.
Old 05-31-2010, 07:22 PM   #5
Rookie

RamStros's Arena

OVR: 3

Padres are fun also..
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-01-2010, 11:33 PM   #6
Banned

CUTigers2324's Arena

OVR: 8

I second the A's, they are really quite fun to play as in this game. They have a solid, yet unspectacular lineup that will require a lot of small-ball to win with. Their pitching depth is outstanding, and they have a lot of players that are ripe for trading. Plus, their stadium is fun to play with, and their uniforms are really unique, especially the Road throwbacks.

If not the A's then some others that would be good would be -

Royals
Marlins
Nationals
Pirates
Padres
Old 06-02-2010, 01:09 AM   #7
MVP

Buckeye's Arena

OVR: 38

Try the Mets
Old 06-02-2010, 10:34 AM   #8
So Real!!

ckarlic's Arena

OVR: 26

The Rockies are a fun team to play with IMO.
New Youtube Gaming Channel -- SpicyChicharron
Follow me on Twitter

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »