Home

PITCHING HELP

This is a discussion on PITCHING HELP within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 05-23-2010, 03:37 AM   #1
MVP

COMMISSIONERHBK9's Arena

OVR: 19
PITCHING HELP

hey guys so before hand i never pitch by myself. i always use the api but never get adequate strikeouts. so i talk to tnkgm and he said to try pitching by urself. so i listen and i still cant get k's and giving up more homeruns then usually. i really need help here. im using the meter pitching try classic but couldnt really get a gasp on it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-23-2010, 07:33 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 4
Re: PITCHING HELP

you might not be mixing locations/armslots enough. when i say armslot, i mean, sometimes its good to release a little before, or after the yellow line.

one thing that helps sometimes is to press R2 for the catchers location.. its not cheating, because in real baseball a pitcher gets the call from the catcher, but it is up to the pitcher to execute the pitch. doing that helps ensure you mix it up, if you fall into patterns too often. give it a shot
Old 05-23-2010, 04:53 PM   #3
Rookie

beelo's Arena

OVR: 4

Sometimes you have to rely on your gut, if you are seeing to many fastballs being called throw in a slider outside or a change up.

Dont fall into a rut with a batter. Mix up pitch type, location, speed and release.

Not New, just soft spoken.
Old 05-24-2010, 02:17 AM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 1

I had a lot of trouble when I first started pitching because of the pitches I was using were not good with my pitching style. I am not sure if you are doing RTTS but if you are then maybe try a couple of different pitching styles like over hand or underhand looking delivery have very different effects to pitches. I have made 4 different pitchers and the one I liked most was the one with what I call the underhand delivery (the ball is released more from like the knee) because it seemed to give all my pitches more speed. The delivery will change a lot on your pitches so that could be a problem. If you are not playing RTTS and have to use all 4 of the different deliveries then know what each one does to say the 4 seam, change up, curve, and slider to get a rough idea on what they will do for all the different pitches. Also left handed and right handed changes it so if you are not doing RTTS then switching sides can make a huge difference.

I would say the main thing I do for my pitchers is I don't always listen to the location or pitch of my catcher after the third pitch to any batter. Also don't worry about K's if you are still getting outs. I had a game with my starter where I had a complete game shutout with only 4 K's so don't worry to much about K's if you can get consistent outs through fly outs and ground outs. Also if you are worried about guys hitting home runs then just walk the guys who hit the most home runs if you can.
Old 05-24-2010, 04:52 AM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 0

If you want Ks, my personal experience isn't going with side arm or under arm delivery pitchers. They've usually be the most effective pitchers for me but it's primarily ground balls.

But it depends on how you pitch. At the end of the day, you still need a K-type pitcher with K-quality stuff. You're not going to get 15Ks with Josh Towers without being on an easy setting. Strangely enough, I would equate Josh Towers with the average first year RTTS pitcher's ability.

In terms of simply looking for a single pitch for Ks, I find fastball/change-up combinations to be the most consistent for RHP to use (and I mean change-up; all my change-up pitchers get higher K rates than my circle change-up pitchers). For LHP, I generally get higher K rates from fastball/slider combinations. Overall, the best K pitchers I have used in '10 version have been Josh Johnson, Billy Wagner & Rafael Soriano (I had a 19K/9IP rate with him!) but I haven't used everybody.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-24-2010, 12:59 PM   #6
MVP

COMMISSIONERHBK9's Arena

OVR: 19

DO YOU GUYS USE METER Or classic? and im doing franchise.
Old 05-24-2010, 01:13 PM   #7
All Star

HustlinOwl's Arena

OVR: 50

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...iscussion.html
Old 05-25-2010, 02:24 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 1

I use meter. Never a big fan of classic I feel like it gives me far less control. With meter I can spot my pitches closer to the strike zone so the batters will either reach for an out or you hope the umpires give you the strike which I get about 75% of the time. I really like to throw a few full meter fastballs right at the guy to get ahead then lay off on the speed of it low to get them to swing early normally. But varying your speeds with the meter is key to getting more consistent strikeouts.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »