Home

* UPDATE: MLB '10 The Show Game Update #3 Details, Major Bug Found

This is a discussion on * UPDATE: MLB '10 The Show Game Update #3 Details, Major Bug Found within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare
Closed Thread

Old 05-19-2010, 09:11 PM   #329
Rookie

douggoud's Arena

OVR: 7
"-Fixed Brandon Wood (Angels) having Nick Adenharts head and vice verse"

while playing the game, i never noticed that brandon had nicks face, also, "and vice verse"? nicks not in the game, how can it happen to him too? oh well, as long as its fixed, even though i didnt notice it
Old 05-19-2010, 09:27 PM   #330
Banned

OVR: 13
Re: * UPDATE: MLB '10 The Show Game Update #3 Details, Major Bug Found

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremym480
Anyone else who didn't download the patch having major freezing problems?
i havnt had any issues at all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jakroeger
I already posted on this, but to verify, I have NOT downloaded the patch and am now* freezing at the conclusion of the load-up after pressing Start to get to the Main Menu.

*edit for typo
could u explain this a bit more? i load up my chise, load my setting, then load my sliders each time i push X or O to back out to the franchises main menu. You said when u press start....are u saying after the opening cut scene and you get to the Mauer screen shot where it says to push Start?

Quote:
Originally Posted by amberajax
You are having freezing problems because you did not download the patch. The automatic connection to the internet upon game startup is causing the freezing problem (same thing happened in 2009).

You can turn off the feature on the system setup and play the game while the rest of us have to wait for the next patch.
Maybe this is why i dont have the freeze issue....i dont auto log into PSN. I dont need to be on PSN to play the game, so i only log in to PSN when i need somthing
Old 05-19-2010, 09:40 PM   #331
MVP

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maynard
i havnt had any issues at all.

could u explain this a bit more? i load up my chise, load my setting, then load my sliders each time i push X or O to back out to the franchises main menu. You said when u press start....are u saying after the opening cut scene and you get to the Mauer screen shot where it says to push Start?

Maybe this is why i dont have the freeze issue....i dont auto log into PSN. I dont need to be on PSN to play the game, so i only log in to PSN when i need somthing
Sorry - to further explain, I freeze as soon as I press Start at the Joe Mauer "welcome" screen.

I haven't turned off my Internet, have just hit cancel at the update... I can try to turn off the Internet and give it a whirl..

**Update** I disabled the network, and no freeze after booting up the game... Nice to know it's patch-related. Thanks fellas

Last edited by jakroeger; 05-19-2010 at 09:44 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-19-2010, 09:43 PM   #332
THE Standard in CFB

Bamafan3723's Arena

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by jakroeger
Sorry - to further explain, I freeze as soon as I press Start at the Joe Mauer "welcome" screen.

I haven't turned off my Internet, have just hit cancel at the update... I can try to turn off the Internet and give it a whirl..
I played last night without the patch and did not have this issue.
Old 05-19-2010, 09:44 PM   #333
Rookie

OVR: 4

the "3rd out run glitch" totally breaks the gameplay. It's like playing Madden 10 and having a glitch that allows any ball thrown into the endzone on a 4th down to be called a touchdown.
Old 05-19-2010, 09:52 PM   #334
Rookie

OVR: 3

pretty much if you still want to play. if there is a runner on 3rd with two outs either walk the next guy to get the force at 2nd for a quick out or load em up and throw home. fly ball you are screwed
Old 05-19-2010, 10:08 PM   #335
Banned

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by show stopper
pretty much if you still want to play. if there is a runner on 3rd with two outs either walk the next guy to get the force at 2nd for a quick out or load em up and throw home. fly ball you are screwed
Or just don't play the game until they fix it. It bothers me too guys, but they know about the glitch, we know about the glitch, they're working on the glitch. Anybody playing games in the meantime is just asking for heartache. Play something else, read a book, learn a new skill, watch a movie, go outside, talk to a girl.

As long as they don't take 2 weeks to fix this issue, it's not the end of the world. I'm not even a huge fan of SCEA's after all the issues The Show has had the past two years. But come on. Why are you guys even playing when you know there is a huge glitch in the game that could cheat you out of a win and piss you off? Does that make sense to anybody?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-19-2010, 10:20 PM   #336
TOMBA IS ONLINE

Tomba's Arena

OVR: 65

Does the game run any smoother after hitting a foul into the stands etc?

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »