Home

* UPDATE: MLB '10 The Show Game Update #3 Details, Major Bug Found

This is a discussion on * UPDATE: MLB '10 The Show Game Update #3 Details, Major Bug Found within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare
Closed Thread

Old 05-18-2010, 04:49 PM   #193
Editor-in-Chief

Steve_OS's Arena

OVR: 77
Re: MLB '10 The Show Game Update #3 Details (5-18-10)

Just in case someone missed Russell's posts, I have updated the original post.

*UPDATE: 3:50 PM EST
A new bug was introduced during the patch 3 process. The previous reported bug on this issue did not happen 100% of the time. There needed to be a perfect storm to recreate it, sadly we were never able re-create it in house or it would have been fixed.

Something happened in patch 3 that made the bug occur 100% of the time if the runner crossed home plate before the out was recorded.

We are looking at a 24 hour turnaround for 3rd out issue. Can't confirm the time frame though.
Follow me on Twitter
Old 05-18-2010, 04:57 PM   #194
Banned

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_OS
Just in case someone missed Russell's posts, I have updated the original post.

*UPDATE: 3:50 PM EST
A new bug was introduced during the patch 3 process. The previous reported bug on this issue did not happen 100% of the time. There needed to be a perfect storm to recreate it, sadly we were never able re-create it in house or it would have been fixed.

Something happened in patch 3 that made the bug occur 100% of the time if the runner crossed home plate before the out was recorded.

We are looking at a 24 hour turnaround for 3rd out issue. Can't confirm the time frame though.
Ok maybe I'm just having a bad day at work but Russell said they're looking at a 24 hour turnaround but they have no time frame. Does this mean the issue should be fixed in 24 hours but they don't know when the update will be released? Man, I'm dumb
Old 05-18-2010, 05:06 PM   #195
Greatest "Show" on Earth!

Yankees_CT's Arena

OVR: 15
Re: * UPDATE: MLB '10 The Show Game Update #3 Details, Major Bug Found

If only more developers cared about their product like SCEA we would have other sports games that were great too! Thanks for such a quick, expected turn-around time on the bug extermination, haven't downloaded it myself yet but I am sure the guys that did are going to appreciate it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-18-2010, 05:08 PM   #196
MVP

chuckm1961's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnreyes
Ok maybe I'm just having a bad day at work but Russell said they're looking at a 24 hour turnaround but they have no time frame. Does this mean the issue should be fixed in 24 hours but they don't know when the update will be released? Man, I'm dumb
Yes, I think we can speculate (use common sense) to guess that Russell/SCEA does not just push a button and the patch is magically uploaded for PS3 accessibility in an instant.

It probably has to go through some hoops before it gets released, but clearly they are making this a top priority.

It will be done when it is done. Pretty simple.
Old 05-18-2010, 05:14 PM   #197
Banned

OVR: 60

Russell has been around here long enough to know that he doesn't promise anything. People would be all over him.
Old 05-18-2010, 05:17 PM   #198
Hall Of Fame

bcruise's Arena

OVR: 48

I just decided to post all the budget info - It helps to see just how much each team is working with (and yes, the budgets vary greatly from team to team). The numbers aren't going to match up exactly because I'm rounding to save time, but they should be close enough to get an idea of what's going on. Values are in millions, of course.

It's not a spoiler, but is long:
Spoiler
Old 05-18-2010, 05:19 PM   #199
I can't feel it

Jgainsey's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckm1961
It will be done when it is done. Pretty simple.
Exactly, but they have to cover their asses a little bit.

In a perfect world, you could just say that the issue will probably be addressed this time tomorrow. But if it ends up coming 12 hours after the fact, you end up with losers like SunTzu losing their mind over a friggin' video game patch. So it's best to have an escape clause when possible, and avoid setting off people of that nature.

At least that's what I took from that, lol...

Maybe I'm reading a little too much into it.

Oh, and as always, thanks for the awesome support SCEA.

Last edited by Jgainsey; 05-18-2010 at 05:24 PM.
Old 05-18-2010, 05:24 PM   #200
Banned

OVR: 7

I can wait, I'm gonna have to restart my franchise again anyway. When I was selecting all 30 teams to control, I accidentally left off two teams. And yes, I did see the "Check All" button after the fact. Like I always tell people, I'm a moron sometimes.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »