Home

Just Had An Amazing Game!

This is a discussion on Just Had An Amazing Game! within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 04-21-2010, 03:30 AM   #1
All Star

st0rmb11's Arena

OVR: 30
Just Had An Amazing Game!

I'm playing a franchise with the Reds in MLB 09 The Show (Haven't been willing to fork over the money for MLB 10, so I just updated the rosters on my own, and started a franchise in MLB 09)

Anyway, final game of a series against the Astros.

First inning, 2 outs, no one on, Joey Votto crushes a home run to deep right, off of Brett Myers.

Third inning, 1 out, no one on, Joey Votto hits a deep fly ball to centerfield (towards the hill), and Michael Bourn goes to catch it and slams into the wall. By the time they got the ball back to the infield, Votto had rounded the bases for an inside the park home run, off of Brett Myers.

Fifth inning, 1 out, man on first, Joey Votto crushes one to deep left, off the train tracks, off of Brett Myers.

Seventh inning, 0 outs, bases load, Joey Votto hits one deep down the left field line, off the foul pole, for a Grand Slam off of Chris Sampson.

Votto finishes the game 4 for 5, 4 home runs, 8 RBI.

How is that for a monster individual performance?!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-21-2010, 03:39 AM   #2
All Star

franch1se's Arena

OVR: 20
Re: Just Had An Amazing Game!

Nice, i wish i could hit 4 dingers in a game with someone. I had a crazy game myself the other day. Up by 3 in the bottom of the 9th (i'm obviously the vistor). Padres vs Marlins. I bring in Heath Bell and i give up 3 runs to blow the save. Very pissed. I then go into the 12th inning with Tim Stauffer in now and I put myself in a huge whole with the bases loaded and 0 outs with Hanley Ramirez up. I pretty much concede in the loss but i get Ramirez to Strikeout looking and then get Cantu to ground into a 5-2-3 inning ending double play! Wow. Top of the 13th, first pitch i jack a HR With Adrian Gonzalez and end up winning 7-6.
Old 04-21-2010, 03:42 AM   #3
All Star

st0rmb11's Arena

Yeah, this was the first time I've ever hit more than 2 HR in a game with one guy. But, it just blows my mind. It had everything

4 Home Runs

one being an Inside the Park home run

and one being a Grand Slam

pretty much covers it all.
Old 04-21-2010, 11:06 AM   #4
MVP

oldman's Arena

OVR: 17

That is awesome. Twice in my franchise with the Rangers I have been one hit away from having the cycle(once I needed a triple the other time I needed a single). Yesterday I smacked two bombs with Josh Hamilton and hit the ball to the warning track in his third at bat! When the ball left the bat I was going crazy at first!
Old 04-21-2010, 02:16 PM   #5
All Star

st0rmb11's Arena

It seems like it's nearly impossible to hit 3 or 4 homers in a game. It's as if the game has a coding in it, that makes if to where if you don't hit the ball PERFECT, you're not getting anywhere near a home run.

And I've hit for the cycle twice in my RTTS. Once at AA, once in the majors.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-21-2010, 03:09 PM   #6
MVP

oldman's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by st0rmb11
It seems like it's nearly impossible to hit 3 or 4 homers in a game. It's as if the game has a coding in it, that makes if to where if you don't hit the ball PERFECT, you're not getting anywhere near a home run.

It makes sense though, the game plays entirely off of statistics, and only 15 people have ever hit 4 HR's in a major league game.
Old 04-21-2010, 03:15 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by st0rmb11

I hit 3 homers in a game with my RTTS player when he was still in AAA and his power attributes weren't even close to being good. I'm in my 4th year in the majors and my power are only 65 and 54.

The pitcher just put 3 hangers right down the middle and I crushed them all and actually put a 4th one in, in my last at bat but I swung to early and sent it foul. It was like the cpu wanted me to hit 4 or something.
Old 04-21-2010, 04:42 PM   #8
All Star

st0rmb11's Arena

Yeah, same happened to me in my RTTS one time. I hit 3 homers in my first 3 at bats, and had 2 more at bats, and popped both up. I was probably trying too hard to launch a 4th one.

But now I've done everything except for a no-hitter and perfect game

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »