Home

Trading Block...I have to ask

This is a discussion on Trading Block...I have to ask within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 03-30-2010, 12:36 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 2
Trading Block...I have to ask

I'm very liberal with my trades, I don't mind when the A.I. does something seemingly strange, IRL weird deals happen all the time.

But I must ask, what's going on with the trading block? It's mid May in my franchise and A.J. Burnett is on the block. He is 5-0 with a 1.88 ERA. On top of that, he is locked in for the next four years on his contract. Let's strip away the name "A.J. Burnett" since the game views him as "Player 984350928" and all the real life news stories surrounding him. WHY would you EVER trade away a pitcher that dominating? Or believe you would want to trade that pitcher away? The Yankees are also in first place, 5 games above Tampa, without any glaring needs.

For the record, I entertained the idea of seeing how far this could go, and I obtained him straight up for Ryan Ludwig, who was hitting .255, 1 HR and 9 RBIs. And thats hitting infront of Pujols and Holliday. So to sum it up, Team A (in first place) traded an ace away for a backup outfielder (since all three starters are better rated than the player they obtained, both in rating numbers and statistical numbers for the season.)

I think I'm looking forward to OOTPXI
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-30-2010, 12:43 AM   #2
Banned

Re: Trading Block...I have to ask

I noticed this also - Teams putting up key players when they are in good standing - also, very early in the year (as well as late in the year). I also saw the same thing with Burnett at the end of my last season. He was like 13-1/CY young candidate and the Yankees were in 1st and he was on the trading block with many teams interested. He didnt get traded (actually no one got traded in my franchise that year which is strange). Also, i am the White Sox and i lost Juan Pierre for 3-4 months so i needed a fast outfielder and offered a prospect for Willie Tavaras (Washington i believe) and the interest was maxed out even when i just offered a minor league player. I tried to adjust it to see what would happen if i offered up by worst minor leaguer and they were still 100% interested in that deal. Tavaras was not even on the trading block. I am not sure what the deal is here, and im wondering if it has something to do with the patch and not restarting Francise once patch #2 was released. Any ideas?
Old 03-30-2010, 01:16 AM   #3
LVP

BatsareBugs's Arena

OVR: 39

In previous additions, if a team had a balanced or normal strategy/philosophy on the season, they would always put their best rated starter, reliever, and position player on the block along with a few fringe minor leaguers. Last year we saw more teams either fall into the playoff push mode or the rebuilding mode. Under playoff push, the team puts out its prospects with the highest potential on the block while under rebuilding mode, they put veterans with high contracts (usually highest rated) on the block.

Every team would put players on the block, but rarely would trades be made with those players (despite rumor mill interests).
Old 03-30-2010, 02:03 AM   #4
Pro

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkiMaster
I noticed this also - Teams putting up key players when they are in good standing - also, very early in the year (as well as late in the year). I also saw the same thing with Burnett at the end of my last season. He was like 13-1/CY young candidate and the Yankees were in 1st and he was on the trading block with many teams interested. He didnt get traded (actually no one got traded in my franchise that year which is strange). Also, i am the White Sox and i lost Juan Pierre for 3-4 months so i needed a fast outfielder and offered a prospect for Willie Tavaras (Washington i believe) and the interest was maxed out even when i just offered a minor league player. I tried to adjust it to see what would happen if i offered up by worst minor leaguer and they were still 100% interested in that deal. Tavaras was not even on the trading block. I am not sure what the deal is here, and im wondering if it has something to do with the patch and not restarting Francise once patch #2 was released. Any ideas?

Are you playing with instant trades OFF? If that's the case, the interest bar is completely irrelevant and has no bearing on whether the trade would be accepted or rejected.
Old 03-30-2010, 02:43 AM   #5
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobeureally27
Are you playing with instant trades OFF? If that's the case, the interest bar is completely irrelevant and has no bearing on whether the trade would be accepted or rejected.
No, as far as i know i set the trades to instant, i.e. no waiting period. and is it odd to get 0 trades in year 1 of my franchise? I'm using 30 team control and did not start fresh after patch 2.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-30-2010, 02:53 AM   #6
Banned

osubeavs721's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobeureally27
thats not true. i play with instant trades off and the bar will fill up accordingly.
Old 03-30-2010, 03:32 AM   #7

The Chef's Arena

OVR: 52

I just think the trading logic in all video games is extremely poor. In my franchise I had become so annoyed with Casey Blake at 3b that I started looking for a replacement and decided that I would pursue Mike Lowell in Boston since they now have Beltre as well. I was able to get Lowell for a 3rd string, career minor league catcher. I didnt pull the trigger and instead threw together a deal consisting of a SP and a middle of the pack prospect for Lowell which seemed extremely fair all things considered.

To the OP, I know it sucks seeing those things but why not just do 30 team control and when things like that happen you can go in and take him off the trading block? If that doesnt work then set them to your profile with trades on manual and then you wont have to worry about it at all.
Old 03-30-2010, 08:15 AM   #8
Pro

OVR: 5

yea very annoying. Personally i check trading block regularly and remove guys that i dont think makes sense to deal.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »