Home

uple of newbish ?'s please

This is a discussion on uple of newbish ?'s please within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 03-24-2010, 12:37 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 2
uple of newbish ?'s please

Hey guys,

I feel like a ****** asking this but, this is my first time owning mlb the show, I've played every year its been out. My question, I guess is this,I own alot of sports games and i try for a "true sim" game, and I was wondering the how the game dificulty settings are like...

for example I never play all-madden on madden, because it allows the computer to do alot of the work for you... with that being said is all-star competive compared to legend and hall of fame? whats the best way to play???

thanks guys....
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-24-2010, 01:42 PM   #2
Rookie

modore's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: uple of newbish ?'s please

I think most would agree that you can find a good sim at all levels. The best level for a true sim will vary from person to person. It depends on your skill level.

Play some exhibitions and adjust from there.

I've settled in on All-Star for my hitting and Hall of Fame for my pitching. I have minor tweaks to the sliders. These games are competitive and realistic.

It's a nice feature to have flexibility between hitting and pitching levels.

If you play a season or franchise, you can tweak the settings as the season progresses. You'll find that you'll improve your own skills if you play often.
Old 03-24-2010, 03:03 PM   #3
MVP

chuckm1961's Arena

OVR: 12

The options in this game are endless, so the best answer is .... play a lot of games, and adjust difficulty and sliders as you go.

For example, let's say you are hitting "too much" ... options include turning up pitch speed, going up a level in difficulty, turning down the solid hits slider.....

If pitching is too easy, you can do a ton of things ... go up a level, turn down your pitching sliders, go to Classic pitching, turn off all aids, etc.

Play a bunch of games. Try All-Star level. Then go read the long threads in the Sliders sub-forum and see how we all tune the game for our liking.
Old 03-24-2010, 04:24 PM   #4
MVP

myghty's Arena

OVR: 31

I would say All-Star is a good starting point & play a good amount of games in that level. From there you can see if things are too easy or too hard. I suggest not adjusting sliders at first & just try the different levels first. Then when you're comfortable with a level you may adjust to your liking. Thats just my opinion. Good luck.

PS5/PSN: myghty
Old 03-24-2010, 04:42 PM   #5
Hard Times.

Bellsprout's Arena

OVR: 40

What's an "uple"?

Sorry. Couldn't resist.
A lot of you guys seem pretty cool, but you have wieners.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-24-2010, 07:14 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 2

lol thanks for the great replies....

I was more leaning towards online play... I'm obviously getting much better, as last week I had around a 231 ba avg online compared to averaging around 14 hits per game , but on the reverse end I'm giving up around 7-8 hits a game but only around 2-4 runs per game...

do you think I should move up to legend?... also do you find taking the strike zone out you get a much better game and quality opp's?

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »