Home

Pending Trade Requests

This is a discussion on Pending Trade Requests within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 03-22-2010, 11:16 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Pending Trade Requests

I'm not entirely sure if this issue has been brought up by anybody yet, but from what I've seen in the thread headlines, I'm going to assume not.

Scenario:

I was shopping around Lyle Overbay in my Franchise Mode with the Jays, looking for a catcher to replace the awful duo of John Buck and Raul Chavez. There was no interest from any teams, save for The Dodgers, and The Rockies, who were willing to give away their best talents. I offered Lyle Overbay to The Dodgers for Broxton, Martin, and Loney, and their "trade interest" was a full blue bar. After waiting a few days to see if the trade would go through on the pending transaction screen, I would click over and the request would be gone entirely.

I haven't tried to make any minor trades to see if I can trade at all, but, I'm not even receiving a notification that says your trade has been denied, it just flat out disappears.

Has anyone had this problem, and if so, is there a fix for it?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-22-2010, 12:46 PM   #2
*ll St*r

Knight165's Arena

OVR: 56
Re: Pending Trade Requests

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreeJustice
I'm not entirely sure if this issue has been brought up by anybody yet, but from what I've seen in the thread headlines, I'm going to assume not.

Scenario:

I was shopping around Lyle Overbay in my Franchise Mode with the Jays, looking for a catcher to replace the awful duo of John Buck and Raul Chavez. There was no interest from any teams, save for The Dodgers, and The Rockies, who were willing to give away their best talents. I offered Lyle Overbay to The Dodgers for Broxton, Martin, and Loney, and their "trade interest" was a full blue bar. After waiting a few days to see if the trade would go through on the pending transaction screen, I would click over and the request would be gone entirely.

I haven't tried to make any minor trades to see if I can trade at all, but, I'm not even receiving a notification that says your trade has been denied, it just flat out disappears.

I'm not entirely sure right now.....(I'll check)...but I don't think the trade bar is in effect when you use the "consider trades"(or instant trades OFF)...option.
I discussed this with Kolbe(removing the bar for this option)...but he said since that front end was in...he would have it empty or full, so you wouldn't know the status of the trade until it was accepted or denied. I'm thinking they probably left it full....but like I said, I'm unsure right now.
As far as getting a "denied" message...I don't know....good question.
I've been fooling around with MANUAL trades so much I've never waited for an answer...sorry.

M.K.
Knight165
Old 03-22-2010, 01:02 PM   #3
MVP

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight165
I'm not entirely sure right now.....(I'll check)...but I don't think the trade bar is in effect when you use the "consider trades"(or instant trades OFF)...option.
I discussed this with Kolbe(removing the bar for this option)...but he said since that front end was in...he would have it empty or full, so you wouldn't know the status of the trade until it was accepted or denied. I'm thinking they probably left it full....but like I said, I'm unsure right now.
I've been fooling around with MANUAL trades so much I've never waited for an answer...sorry.

M.K.
Knight165
You won't get a prompt that pops up on the schedule screen, or anything. What you get (I have gotten this when I tried a few "test" trades, is an EMAIL that says the other team denied the trade. I haven't had a trade actually accepted yet, so I don't know what happens when one is accepted, but I would assume you DO get a prompt for that, as I have gotten prompts when other teams completed trades with trades set to auto.
Old 03-22-2010, 01:17 PM   #4
All Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreeJustice

Scenario:

Try offering the trade just before playing a game. I've had offers disappear after saving and then exiting the game without playing. If you play a game after offering you will either get an e-mail accepting or denying or you will see the offer in pending transactions.

Hope that helps.
Old 03-22-2010, 01:21 PM   #5
All Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight165

M.K.
Knight165
Do I read that to say you are advocating removing the bar for trades? If so that is a terrible idea IMO.

Since I can't pick up a phone and call the cpu general manager, how else am I supposed to know whether they are interested in my proposal?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-22-2010, 01:46 PM   #6
Pro

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by alstl
Do I read that to say you are advocating removing the bar for trades? If so that is a terrible idea IMO.

Since I can't pick up a phone and call the cpu general manager, how else am I supposed to know whether they are interested in my proposal?

no. he is saying that with instant trade off, the bar doesn influence anything. they had to either leave it empty, or leave it full, wouldnt matter. they chose to just leave it full. so it will always be full regardless of what you offer, since you have it set to "consider" mode
Old 03-22-2010, 01:49 PM   #7
*ll St*r

Knight165's Arena

OVR: 56

Quote:
Originally Posted by findinghomer
no. he is saying that with instant trade off, the bar doesn influence anything. they had to either leave it empty, or leave it full, wouldnt matter. they chose to just leave it full. so it will always be full regardless of what you offer, since you have it set to "consider" mode
Yes....exactly.
If you had instant trades off...but knew full well what the outcome would be by the bar...what would be the purpose of having the opposing GM "consider" the offer?

M.K.
Knight165
Old 03-22-2010, 02:28 PM   #8
MVP

oldman's Arena

OVR: 17

I haven't tried any trades yet, but if you make a decent offer with consider mode turned on, does the CPU ever make any counter offers?

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »