Home

Stealing Bases in RTTS

This is a discussion on Stealing Bases in RTTS within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 03-21-2010, 12:48 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Stealing Bases in RTTS

I'm at a loss. I have now maxed out speed and BR ability, BR aggression is at 87 and I still get thrown out 8 or 9 times out of ten. Not that it matters anyway because the manager revokes my green light after 3 times of getting thrown out. I dont get it. I break on the pitchers first movement and Im still easily out most of the time. I get a one step (aggressive?) lead as well. Is anyone else out there able to steal bases consistently in RTTS?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-21-2010, 01:32 PM   #2
Banned

OVR: 6
Re: Stealing Bases in RTTS

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrParker
I'm at a loss. I have now maxed out speed and BR ability, BR aggression is at 87 and I still get thrown out 8 or 9 times out of ten. Not that it matters anyway because the manager revokes my green light after 3 times of getting thrown out. I dont get it. I break on the pitchers first movement and Im still easily out most of the time. I get a one step (aggressive?) lead as well. Is anyone else out there able to steal bases consistently in RTTS?
Slide outside of where the throw is coming from. I felt like a ****** once I realized I was thrown out every time because I neglected the slide control. It's not a guaranteed steal, but if you get a decent jump and your speed is high you will steal a lot more bases this way.
Old 03-21-2010, 02:04 PM   #3
Rookie

I dont think this will help as the throw usually beats me by a decent margin, but I can try it. Although, I dont seem to have sliding control like I used to in games past. Pressing the left or right stick up for a headfirst slide does nothing. I haven't been able to control my slides at all in MLB 10. Does New baserunning have to be on? I am using Classic control.
Old 03-21-2010, 02:38 PM   #4
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrParker
I dont think this will help as the throw usually beats me by a decent margin, but I can try it. Although, I dont seem to have sliding control like I used to in games past. Pressing the left or right stick up for a headfirst slide does nothing. I haven't been able to control my slides at all in MLB 10. Does New baserunning have to be on? I am using Classic control.
Yea, has to be new controls...which sucks because dealing with the left stick and the camera angle is a pain in the ***. If you are stealing 2nd, hold the right stick up and to the right and it will slide way outside the bag and the runner will just stick his hand in there.
Old 03-21-2010, 02:41 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 1

i have this same problem, coach tells me to steal, i get thrown out and i get pissed off, and with the slide control in RTTS it doesnt matter which way i push either stick they slide feet first 90% of the time straight into the tag and then slide head first when its a bad throw and i would be safe no matter what, which brings me to my next point. CATCHERS ONLY THROW OUT 30-40% of base stealers MAX if they are elite elite catchers, having posoda throw runners out from his knees on a pitch that bounces shouldnt happen even if big papi is stealing. THIS IS GETTING OUT OF HAND.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-21-2010, 02:55 PM   #6
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mets2004
i have this same problem, coach tells me to steal, i get thrown out and i get pissed off, and with the slide control in RTTS it doesnt matter which way i push either stick they slide feet first 90% of the time straight into the tag and then slide head first when its a bad throw and i would be safe no matter what, which brings me to my next point. CATCHERS ONLY THROW OUT 30-40% of base stealers MAX if they are elite elite catchers, having posoda throw runners out from his knees on a pitch that bounces shouldnt happen even if big papi is stealing. THIS IS GETTING OUT OF HAND.
Hold it up and right the entire time, don't try and time it right before the slide animation starts...otherwise it just kinda does what it wants.
Old 03-21-2010, 04:27 PM   #7
Rookie

DaiYoung's Arena

OVR: 5

Not sure if this will help at all but the stolen base ability slider is the wrong way round. Lower it to make stealing easier.

See below for details:

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...g-related.html
Old 03-21-2010, 05:20 PM   #8
Rookie

Just got thrown out 4 more times in a row. I think that makes 12 straight caught stealing with my speed and BR ability maxed out. This is ludicrous. I even guessed right once and took off before the pitcher even started his slide step, and I still got thrown out. It's like my player is running in quick sand and there's nothing I can do about it.

I'll try moving the slider all the way down and see if that helps. *shrugs*

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »