Home

How to setup season for realism

This is a discussion on How to setup season for realism within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 03-16-2010, 01:22 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
How to setup season for realism

Ok, so I have done a ton of reading in the theads and saw one guy request to have a sticky for different scenarios in how you want to play your season or franchise. I couldn't find all the info I needed, so that is why I'm posting here to see if someone is kind enough to make suggestions.

What I'm wanting to do is start a "season" that is pretty realistic:

1. I don't want injuries, but want the ability to control injuries myself. For instance, I don't want the computer to injure Pujols during a game, but should he get injured in real life, I would like to mark him as injured, put him on the DL, etc.

2. I do NOT want the computer making trades... my team or any of the other 29 teams. Any real trades I feel that are significant in real life, I want to make on my game without trouble.

3. I do NOT want the cpu to make the batting order stupid for any team... mine included. I'm pretty sure mine will be fine, but what about the 29 teams. I don't mind if they change it a little, but I don't want them sticking Pujols (I'm not the Cards, just using as example for a team I will not be playing with) batting 8th for example just because he might be in a slump. In real life no matter how much a slump he is in, he will always bat 3rd or 4th.

3B. With the above said, lets say I set the lineups for the other 29 teams. I have read they will not change. What if they need to for some reason such as a player is fatigued and needs to sit a game or 2 or maybe they are in a slump and needs to be moved down the order. I don't want to have to check every team after every game to see how everyone is doing. I would like the computer to control this for the other teams, but just not make stupid lineups. A few switches here and there are fine.

I believe those are the only questions I have so far. I think maybe I have my season setup the way it should, but I'm not sure with all teh bugs out there. I heard people stating the cpu is still making trades on the other 29 teams even though trades is set to manual.

Any input, suggestions, comments, instructions etc. would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,
Doug

Can't wait for the season! Spring is in the air!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-16-2010, 01:25 PM   #2
MVP

deucepoppi17's Arena

OVR: 11
Re: How to setup season for realism

All signs point to MANUAL. But for 3b, lineups will still change a little due to fatigue. Thats out of ur control. So u should be good to go.
Old 03-16-2010, 01:26 PM   #3
Banned

OVR: 7

I don't think you can just "injure" players at your own will.
Old 03-16-2010, 01:32 PM   #4
MVP

Braves Fan's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by DorneyDave
I don't think you can just "injure" players at your own will.
Yes you can, you can injure players at any time you want and for as long as you want. Just put them on manual and go to the DL screen, tab over, and create as many injuries as you want.
Old 03-16-2010, 01:40 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 1

Wow responses are quick.

So it sounds like if I do manual for just about everything, then I should be set once I get into the regular season then adjust the lineups. I understand I have to adjust the lineups after the spring training as they get all jacked up apparently.

If anyone has any other pointers for me as far as setting up the season, please post them.

Thanks,
Doug
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-16-2010, 01:51 PM   #6
Banned

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Braves Fan
Yes you can, you can injure players at any time you want and for as long as you want. Just put them on manual and go to the DL screen, tab over, and create as many injuries as you want.
Really? That's pretty sweet, and kind of cruel.

Look out Matt Stairs...I feel that your ACL is about to tear.
Old 03-16-2010, 02:05 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 3

Good questions Doug, I want my season run as you do. I read in earlier posts how the legendary Knight poster was advising creating two profiles. One for your particular team and one for the other 29 teams. I was confused as to why people do this. Anyone want to explain this to a Show noob?
Old 03-16-2010, 02:07 PM   #8
Banned

osubeavs721's Arena

OVR: 21

so to clear it up, you basically want to run the season in coordinance with the real season but the actual scores will be in game results? but injuries and trades will be all the same? I like this idea, just too time consuming for me! but when you start it keep us/me updated i like this idea a lot

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »