Home

Soo is anyone playing franchise mode?

This is a discussion on Soo is anyone playing franchise mode? within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 03-13-2010, 06:15 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Soo is anyone playing franchise mode?

So on MLB 08 and 09 all I played was franchise mode - I'm not a huge fan of RTTS. And this year with all of the problems the only thing really playable is RTTS, so sadly, I find myself playing the game a lot less.

I know there are some work arounds for the franchise mode, but still no word if they're ever going to be fixed. Or has there been a more recent update on this?

So I'm just curious to see if anyone else is like me and ONLY really liked Franchise mode and finds themselves kinda let down this year.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-13-2010, 06:22 PM   #2
MVP

myghty's Arena

OVR: 31
Re: Soo is anyone playing franchise mode?

Dude, there are countless other threads just like this...

PS5/PSN: myghty
Old 03-13-2010, 06:29 PM   #3
Pro

OVR: 6

Last year I got kind of bored with franchise towards the end of my 162 game season. Actually I didn't get bored, I was in the heat of the wildcard race playing every game, but my game froze while saving with a little less than a month left. As a result the save file reverted back to a previous save which was 12 games back. I didn't feel like getting caught up that late in the year.

Back to my point. I started playing RTTS just because I was kind of "bored" with franchise and I ended up loving it. It's really addicting. I didn't think I would like it all that much when I first played it but it definitely grows on you. Give it a try Counted Out!
Old 03-13-2010, 06:33 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by myghty
Dude, there are countless other threads just like this...
Sorry, I should have read around more. I would delete it, but it seems as if you can't delete your own threads.

My apologies.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kotter
Last year I got kind of bored with franchise towards the end of my 162 game season. Actually I didn't get bored, I was in the heat of the wildcard race playing every game, but my game froze while saving with a little less than a month left. As a result the save file reverted back to a previous save which was 12 games back. I didn't feel like getting caught up that late in the year.

Back to my point. I started playing RTTS just because I was kind of "bored" with franchise and I ended up loving it. It's really addicting. I didn't think I would like it all that much when I first played it but it definitely grows on you. Give it a try Counted Out!
I have played RTTS, but it gets really repetitive to me. I like being able to control the whole team and do alot of the "General Manager" stuff. But for now, I'll just have to get use to RTTS.

Mods feel free to delete this thread.
Old 03-13-2010, 08:01 PM   #5
Hall Of Fame

LowerWolf's Arena

OVR: 19

Season mode is basically the same as franchise, just minus the minor leagues and ownership-type stuff.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-13-2010, 08:13 PM   #6
MVP

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Counted Out

I have played RTTS, but it gets really repetitive to me. I like being able to control the whole team and do alot of the "General Manager" stuff. But for now, I'll just have to get use to RTTS.
Well for the most control you can have in RTTS is as a pitcher, but not much outside of gameplay in RTTS. I'll play it when I want to get in some compacted games, I have a full season in it now

only 14 in season mode(waiting for the franchise patch)

Currently Playing: Mortal Kombat & Portal 2
Old 03-13-2010, 08:13 PM   #7
Pro

OVR: 5

im playing a "dummy" franchise. basically just playing spring, untill its fixed. if its not fixed guess ill have to use lame work arounds.
Old 03-13-2010, 08:16 PM   #8
MVP

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by findinghomer
im playing a "dummy" franchise. basically just playing spring, untill its fixed. if its not fixed guess ill have to use lame work arounds.

They will fix it, they can't afford not to. They would lose a huge chunk of their fanbase if they didn't at least attempt a fix...

Currently Playing: Mortal Kombat & Portal 2

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »