Home

Do u ever get really bad calls by the Umpire. Not strikes, but calls in the field

This is a discussion on Do u ever get really bad calls by the Umpire. Not strikes, but calls in the field within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 03-12-2010, 11:02 PM   #1
Banned

OVR: 3
Do u ever get really bad calls by the Umpire. Not strikes, but calls in the field

Like the 1st baseman isn't near the base but the ump still call u out even tho the guy didn't touch the base?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-12-2010, 11:05 PM   #2
In Dalton I Trust

Buckeyes_Doc's Arena

OVR: 32
Re: Do u ever get really bad calls by the Umpire. Not strikes, but calls in the field

Quote:
Originally Posted by getItIn
Like the 1st baseman isn't near the base but the ump still call u out even tho the guy didn't touch the base?
I've seen it a couple times. Maybe one horrible call like you described once every 3 games or so. I like having close calls, but yeah when the 1st baseman is 3 feet from the base and its an out that umpire needs
Old 03-12-2010, 11:57 PM   #3
Banned

OVR: 3
Re: Do u ever get really bad calls by the Umpire. Not strikes, but calls in the field

example of what i'm talking abou
Old 03-13-2010, 12:11 AM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 6

The above video isn't a blown call. Just a bug with the first baseman covering the bag. I'd say post the video it in the bugs/glitches thread.
Old 03-13-2010, 12:35 AM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 1

Happens pretty much every time the catcher has to throw to 1st on a dropped 3rd strike. It's a bug or glitch, and not really a big deal to me.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-13-2010, 12:37 AM   #6
MVP

Braves Fan's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by wahoo138
Happens pretty much every time the catcher has to throw to 1st on a dropped 3rd strike. It's a bug or glitch, and not really a big deal to me.
Yeah I just overlook little things like this, it would be nice if they weren't there but plays like that you should be out anyway so it's not a big deal.

There was a game I was playing the other day though where there was a chopper to 1st base with the bases loaded and two out, my 1st basemen fielded the ball and tagged first for the 3rd out and they recorded the run. That was annoying but it doesn't happen a lot so I just overlook it.
Old 03-13-2010, 01:30 AM   #7
MVP

rckabillyRaider's Arena

OVR: 36

Not really in MLB 10 yet, but it does remind me of this in 09 that I came across. Similar to the above video.

Last edited by rckabillyRaider; 03-13-2010 at 02:16 AM.
Old 03-13-2010, 02:05 AM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 1

I've run into one instance a few times. When I'm trying to stretch a base runner from 1st to 3rd on a base hit, I've been "nailed" a few times by a not so great throw from the outfield. Basically I'm about to slide, about 3 feet in front of the bag, and the throw happens to come right there to the 3rd baseman. He catches it, just as I cross him and begin my slide, and I'm "tagged out". No animation from the fielder. Basically the ball, myself, and him all arrive at the same time, and the umpire and play by play guys tell me I'm out. I feel like I should have to see some kind of animation in that situation that I'm "tagged" otherwise it feels pretty cheap. Has happened probably 5 times in my 21 franchise games.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »