Home

Knuckle-Ballers

This is a discussion on Knuckle-Ballers within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 03-09-2010, 02:03 PM   #1
Banned

OVR: 0
Knuckle-Ballers

The amount of knuckle-ball throwing prospects is just absurd right now. I'm in year 2016 of my RTTS and I went through and counted how many there were in the american league: 44. Yes. 44. And its either their second or third pitch... It's just ********.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-09-2010, 02:04 PM   #2
MVP

metal134's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: Knuckle-Ballers

Ugh...... how many years now and this is STILL an issue?
Old 03-09-2010, 02:06 PM   #3
Banned

OVR: 0

Yeah.. It's truly ********, one of the only things I dislike about the series. They don't even look like real knuckle-balls. They don't lob nearly that much in real life.
Old 03-09-2010, 02:19 PM   #4
MVP

metal134's Arena

I think the problem is that, when creating a player, the game just completely randomizes the pitches with all of them being equal. If this is the case, SCEA could easily fix it in two ways; 1, they could just place a simple percentage on each pitch (say, 95% for a 4 seamer, .05% or whatever the n umber for a knuckleball), but that still wouldn't fix the issue of guys that throw a knuckleball and a 95MPH fastball. The other solution is that they could do what EA did for Madden and handcraft draft classes. Though that would be very time consuming.
Old 03-09-2010, 02:23 PM   #5
Banned

OVR: 15

For the amount of real knuckleball pitchers in the bigs they could almost do away with that pitch. Just tie it into the couple that actually do throw it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-09-2010, 02:27 PM   #6
Qb
All Star

Qb's Arena

OVR: 43

There is an option for "pitch repetoire" on/off. I'm at work now so I don't have the actual info in front of me, but one option gives all pitchers a full arsenal of four or five pitches and the other gives them their "real-life" pitches. This is explained on-screen when the option is highlighted.

Perhaps this is the issue? And sorry I can't be more specific, but I only saw it in passing in the menu screens the other day and I'm at work.
Old 03-09-2010, 02:29 PM   #7
MVP

metal134's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qb
There is an option for "pitch repetoire" on/off. I'm at work now so I don't have the actual info in front of me, but one option gives all pitchers a full arsenal of four or five pitches and the other gives them their "real-life" pitches. This is explained on-screen when the option is highlighted.

Perhaps this is the issue? And sorry I can't be more specific, but I only saw it in passing in the menu screens the other day and I'm at work.
We're talking about randomly generated players in franchise/season/RTTS.
Old 03-09-2010, 02:37 PM   #8
Qb
All Star

Qb's Arena

OVR: 43

I think it would be worth investigating. Perhaps "real-life" refers to the pitches in the in-game repetoire, meaning it would apply to fake/generated players as well. I'm thinking the game is giving these guys extra pitches to round out their arsenal. But I could be wrong... wouldn't be the first time.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »