Home

MLB '10 The Show Tips and Work Arounds

This is a discussion on MLB '10 The Show Tips and Work Arounds within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 03-08-2010, 10:36 PM   #1
*ll St*r

Knight165's Arena

OVR: 56
MLB '10 The Show Tips and Work Arounds

Okay guys....after a 1 year hiatus...it's back.
The Tips and work around thread.
I'll update it as guys post the tip or work around to the 1st page and give due credit.
I'd like to post only "confirmed" things on page 1.
-
"Trades...."crazy" or unauthorized.....(this is for complaints of too many....."unrealistic" and trades being made FOR YOU even though your profile says manual)"

PRE-PATCH For this one 30 team control is the way to go.
If you set your profile to what you want and assign it to your club...then give NO PROFILE to the other clubs and set the GLOBAL options for everything except TRADES to AUTO(set that to MANUAL)...you will still see ALL the trade offers for the league(and receive them for your club)....and will also be able to accept or decline for every team. It basically makes you the trade "overlord" of the league.
Update on this one.
If you assign a specific profile to each club the CPU will not trade for your team.....thanks to Skyboxer for this updated find.

POST PATCH Again...you'll need 30 team control for this. Now that the MANUAL for franchise is fixed....if you still need a way to oversee the CPU trades...it can still be done. With TRADES set to AUTO now....you simply go into the PENDING TRANSACTIONS page and cycle through the pages to trades...and again through each team. The proposed trades will be on screen for you to check through and if you do not want them to go through, you can simply decline them. If you want the CPU to make the choice...leave it and they will. Some have reported trades clearing if you save a franchise and re-load...but with 30 team control enabled...I've tested this and have had them load up with the franchise save...so this may be if you are NOT using 30 team control.

-"The double switch is broken....it says to sub for pitcher but won't allow me to"
I believe this was patched in the 1st patch. It does work....but after you go through those first screens saying to sub....hit continue...then click X on the pitcher again. You will now see the double switch option come up.
Some report problems if you back out...so make sure it's what you want before you start the DS.

-"I can't hit and run in Manage only Mode.....it has my batter bunt every time"
Yes...it does...but if you call for a hit and run and then drop down to the runner box and tell him to steal 2nd...you batter will swing away every time....so it is a hit and run.
Thanks to Azamien for this fix

-"When playing games at Tropicana Field....my game freezes"
The freeze seems to occur by accessing a bullpen (home or away) and then pressing select at any point after leaving the bullpen screen (it doesn't matter if you make pitchers start warming up or if you do absolutely nothing while in the bullpen); the instant you press select, the game will freeze. Even throwing a pitch or getting to the next batter in the order won't fix the problem; the game will still freeze. Note that the problem will not happen if you go to the bullpen and bring a reliever into the game; not sure why, but whatever is causing the frezze must be alleviated by actually bringing in a reliever.

But the actual WORKAROUND that seems to work every time is as follows: once you press circle to leave the bullpen, before you even continue the game, press the start button to pause the game, and then unpause the game. Every time I've tested this, pressing select to bring up the pitcher/batter graphic causes absolutely no problems. Of course, you'll have to repeat this process of pausing and unpausing every time you view the bullpen, but it seems to work.

Thanks to Spring Rubber for this work around

-Franchise freeze.

I have found a work around for this. What happens is one of the cpu teams has an invalid roster ie. not enough pitchers or position players.

You must have 30 team control. Go to global profile set roster and lineups to manual. After that you will get a prompt that such and such team has X problem with roster.

Go to team fix roster and then assign profile back to auto.

Thanks to tbarnes for this one!(and a lot of testing!)

-Freeze in batting practice RTTS
In RTTS, for the occasional pre-game batting practice freeze, when you restart your RTTS, sim to the opening game of the next series and the freeze will be gone.
If you don't want to sim ahead, turn off pre-game batting practice for that series only and turn it back on when the next series is starting.

Thanks to Garcia for this one

RTTS FB problem with pitchers
a lot of people have been having problems with their 4SFB not hitting the velocities it should be in road to the show. The scouting report may have the fastball's velocity at 95-100 MPH but it will only hit speeds around 88-90.

I starting having this problem myself with 3 different starting RTTS pitchers. Then me and nuckles2k2 did some brainstorming, you see he was not having this problem. So we thought it out and found 2 things that worked after extensive testing.

The 1st part of the workaround is to not choose either of these 3 pitches as one of your initial 3: Curveball(12-6 is ok)Changeup and Palmball. This made a difference right away for us, it seems to be ok if you add any of these 3 pitches after you build up your original 3.

Now this 2nd part is very important. You must build the velocity rating of each pitch evenly, because if you build up you 4SFB velocity rating to 99 and have you other pitches anywhere more than 10 points lower than your fastball then it will not hit the speeds you want.

Thanks to brandon_c993 and nuckles2k2 for this

TIPS

I found that when using 30 team control.....and you need to adjust lineups for teams that have AUTO for lineups/rotations.....they will "stick" if you adjust them without putting them on MANUAL....at least until the CPU needs to make an adjustment.(with MANUAL...they will "stick" for the entire season)....this is handy in upcoming series...or if you don't mind perusing the lineups and adjusting things here and there.

Also...so far in testing....the same holds true for contracts/FA(in season and off season). You can jump into these areas even though the CPU has control(it is on AUTO)...and make offers/rescind offers....change offers. It's like when you have something on AUTO for your team...you can still go in and override it if you like.
The CPU will still make it's moves......but you can again...act as say the owner now and override the GM decisions...or force them in another direction.
Again...I love this. I can pretty much make sure that certain players go to certain teams(FA period)....or if a team(s) are offering too much for a certain player(those pesky dime a dozen RP getting multi year..huge contracts)....I can lower all the offers accordingly until he signs.

-Want to change up the audio?...
It pays to play The Show with your young nephews.
They know all the codes for these games...and try everything imaginable to find new ones.

Well....here is your dream code.

I won't tell you what it does....just be pleasantly surprised.

To make it obvious...try the last one first(RIGHT).

Start any game...

From the pause menu in game:
Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left...
then these do separate things...try one at a time(you must do the above step in between each one(I think...I didn't try them together))
... Left
... Up
... Right

No thanks go to me for this.....it was all someone else who did the work.

For those that want to know

up-up-down-down-left-right-left
then...
Spoiler
left(mutes Rex)
up(mutes Dave)
right(mutes Matt)

Don't like the contracts for certain players...but don't want to change the team payrolls too much by dropping and then signing a player once you start a franchise?....(this is really for years...not dollars...but both change I think)
You can change player contracts(pre franchise.....by working on the roster)...by doing this.
-LOAD the roster you want to use in your franchise.
-Go to CPU ROSTER CONTROL
-Move the player(say Josh Beckett whose contract is 1/1(years))...to the FA list and then simply move him back to the team.
-Exit the CPU ROSTER CONTROL section
-Go to the EDIT screen...and he will now have a new, random contract....it could be 1/2...or 1/4...
-You can try this until you get the one you like.....try different players to swap with...
GREAT way to slow down the trades and movement of the upcoming(1/1) FA players in your first couple of years of franchise.
Another great thing...it doesn't hamstring the team payroll as it remains the same regardless of the dollar amount of the new contracts(close anyway)

Thanks to Heisman316 for this tip!

M.K.
Knight165

Last edited by Knight165; 04-14-2010 at 08:58 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-08-2010, 11:36 PM   #2
MVP

OVR: 19
Re: MLB '10 The Show Tips and Work Arounds

I don't know if this is the right spot for this, but I SUCK at lead offs. I take a 1 step lead and get picked off. Is there a way to automize going back to the base?
Old 03-08-2010, 11:40 PM   #3
87%

ty5oke's Arena

OVR: 25

Thanks Knight. This will help a lot of people including my self.
Old 03-08-2010, 11:50 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight165
Okay guys....after a 1 year hiatus...it's back.
The Tips and work around thread.
I'll update it as guys post the tip or work around to the 1st page and give due credit.
I'd like to post only "confirmed" things on page 1.

"Trades...."crazy" or unauthorized.....(this is for complaints of too many....."unrealistic" and trades being made FOR YOU even though your profile says manual)"

For this one 30 team control is the way to go.
If you set your profile to what you want and assign it to your club...then give NO PROFILE to the other clubs and set the GLOBAL options for everything except TRADES to AUTO(set that to MANUAL)...you will still see ALL the trade offers for the league(and receive them for your club)....and will also be able to accept or decline for every team. It basically makes you the trade "overlord" of the league.
Update on this one.
If you assign a specific profile to each club the CPU will not trade for your team.....thanks to Skyboxer for this updated find.

"The double switch is broken....it says to sub for pitcher but won't allow me to"
I believe this was patched in the 1st patch. It does work....but after you go through those first screens saying to sub....hit continue...then click X on the pitcher again. You will now see the double switch option come up.
Some report problems if you back out...so make sure it's what you want before you start the DS.

"I can't hit and run in Manage only Mode.....it has my batter bunt every time"
Yes...it does...but if you call for a hit and run and then drop down to the runner box and tell him to steal 2nd...you batter will swing away every time....so it is a hit and run.
Thanks to Azamien for this fix

"When playing games at Tropicana Field....my game freezes"
The freeze seems to occur by accessing a bullpen (home or away) and then pressing select at any point after leaving the bullpen screen (it doesn't matter if you make pitchers start warming up or if you do absolutely nothing while in the bullpen); the instant you press select, the game will freeze. Even throwing a pitch or getting to the next batter in the order won't fix the problem; the game will still freeze. Note that the problem will not happen if you go to the bullpen and bring a reliever into the game; not sure why, but whatever is causing the frezze must be alleviated by actually bringing in a reliever.

But the actual WORKAROUND that seems to work every time is as follows: once you press circle to leave the bullpen, before you even continue the game, press the start button to pause the game, and then unpause the game. Every time I've tested this, pressing select to bring up the pitcher/batter graphic causes absolutely no problems. Of course, you'll have to repeat this process of pausing and unpausing every time you view the bullpen, but it seems to work.

Thanks to Spring Rubber for this work around

M.K.
Knight165
Thank you so much for all you do knight!espcially the hit and run work around!i play only MoM mode
Old 03-08-2010, 11:57 PM   #5
MVP

COMMISSIONERHBK9's Arena

OVR: 19

hey kinght i got a question for u i talk to u many times about rosters and stuff. i like when the computer trades because to me i feel like im playing with a real person you know. but alot of people are saying that the trades are broken this year, now there was a complaint in nba 2k10 where the cpu dont trade or sign. so is it really that big of a deal that the computer trades or is it really broken on how people are making it seem.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-09-2010, 12:08 AM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 4

For the Tropicana Field freezing glitch, could you also add bcruise's workaround in which you use the bullpen from the pause menu instead of from the quick menu? This seems like a much easier way to not accidentally screw up. It's more natural than having to always remember to pause the game after using the bullpen from the quick menu.
Old 03-09-2010, 12:42 AM   #7
Banned

OVR: 3

i guess i dont get ur first work around...do we create profiles for every team or no?
Old 03-09-2010, 12:43 AM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 11

Excellent stuff.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »