Home

Bug-Free Sport Games Does Not Exist!

This is a discussion on Bug-Free Sport Games Does Not Exist! within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare
Closed Thread

Old 03-08-2010, 10:46 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 4
Bug-Free Sport Games Does Not Exist!

There is not such things a bug-free sport game and no matter how much you guys complain, one will never be created. The only way we can ever come close to having a bug-free sport game is to only have them released every 2 years, giving the developers 24 months to work on the game. We all know that will never happen because they will lose money the process. I've played over 40 combined franchise/exhibition games, almost 2 seasons of RTTS and I don’t see any issue that will prevent someone from upgrading from MLB 09. I’ve never had a CPU made a trade for me and the potential is a non issue because you can always edit the player and bring his stats back up. In all my years of playing video games there is only ONE bug-free (or if there is a bug it will be fix the follow Tuesday) game I’ve ever played and it’s the World of Warcraft, but you have to pay $15 per month to keep it that way.
As far as the online play, remember it’s FREE and you get what you pay for. Out of the 3 major American sports the one game that I will never play online is baseball. There is too much timing involved and any lag at all can change the outcome of any given game. Stop blaming SCEA for lag, this is 2010 and most people should know how lag, p2p and server connections work. You can have the fastest best connection on the world, but it means nothing if you’re playing someone with a slow *** DSL. In a perfect gaming world we all will have Verizon Fios or fiber lines running in ever gamers’ home but until then there is little Sony or SCEA can do about online play. Correction, they can make it better, but it won’t be free anymore.
Old 03-08-2010, 10:48 AM   #2
All Star

HustlinOwl's Arena

OVR: 50
Re: Bug-Free Sport Games Does Not Exist!

How did EA and NCAA MVP get online play right then?
Old 03-08-2010, 10:54 AM   #3
Animal Liberation

EnigmaNemesis's Arena

OVR: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by HustlinOwl
How did EA and NCAA MVP get online play right then?

With far less code and what is going on in today's games. And EA uses dedicated servers for their sports games.

Dedicated servers help HUGE... Sony as well as other companies do not provide them with theirs. It is p2p.
Old 03-08-2010, 10:55 AM   #4
Banned

OVR: 9

I would pay for lag free gaming. Problem is it's the game, not the networks. Yes the networks can be problematic but there are games that do a pretty damn good of handling online connectivity. The Show isn't one of them. It's decent and getting better but it still needs major improvement.
Old 03-08-2010, 10:55 AM   #5
Rookie

thinkblue_09's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Se7enth_Sinn
There is not such things a bug-free sport game and no matter how much you guys complain, one will never be created. The only way we can ever come close to having a bug-free sport game is to only have them released every 2 years, giving the developers 24 months to work on the game. We all know that will never happen because they will lose money the process. I've played over 40 combined franchise/exhibition games, almost 2 seasons of RTTS and I don’t see any issue that will prevent someone from upgrading from MLB 09. I’ve never had a CPU made a trade for me and the potential is a non issue because you can always edit the player and bring his stats back up. In all my years of playing video games there is only ONE bug-free (or if there is a bug it will be fix the follow Tuesday) game I’ve ever played and it’s the World of Warcraft, but you have to pay $15 per month to keep it that way.
As far as the online play, remember it’s FREE and you get what you pay for. Out of the 3 major American sports the one game that I will never play online is baseball. There is too much timing involved and any lag at all can change the outcome of any given game. Stop blaming SCEA for lag, this is 2010 and most people should know how lag, p2p and server connections work. You can have the fastest best connection on the world, but it means nothing if you’re playing someone with a slow *** DSL. In a perfect gaming world we all will have Verizon Fios or fiber lines running in ever gamers’ home but until then there is little Sony or SCEA can do about online play. Correction, they can make it better, but it won’t be free anymore.
Oh my dear poster, how mistaken you are, but how right you are. "Bug Free" does not exist and you are right about that. But regardless of what you may have experienced so far the "Bugs" in this game are GAMEBREAKING. The computer does trade for you. I have seen it happen countless times. Trade logic makes the Franchise option almost laughable. Potential Ratings is an issue because I paid money for this game just the same as everyone else, that's an easy thing to get right in my opinion. You assign a letter to a player. The gameplay is not that much improved, so 12 months is not a long enough time for them to assign a proper letter to a player? This is the most awful buggy game I have ever bought!!!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-08-2010, 11:00 AM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radioactiveman
I would pay for lag free gaming. Problem is it's the game, not the networks. Yes the networks can be problematic but there are games that do a pretty damn good of handling online connectivity. The Show isn't one of them. It's decent and getting better but it still needs major improvement.

Agree 100% I would pay for better online play on PS3 because the PS3 is a far better system than the 360.
Old 03-08-2010, 11:03 AM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 6

Wait, I love MLB 2010 to death and I'm not here to bash it or any game.

I'm speaking generally though, because no other sports game has gotten everything right, we should all hold them to the same mediocre level of being filled with bugs? How does that sound right? We should lower our standards because nobody's product is up to par? How does that sound right? You should never lower your expectations or hopes for anything simply because nothing else has lived up to the billing. That's just bad logic.
Old 03-08-2010, 11:04 AM   #8
Banned

OVR: 11

Well said, but in the world of sports games the game with the least amount of bugs usually prevails in the long run, remember that.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »