Home

Season vs. Franchise?

This is a discussion on Season vs. Franchise? within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 03-03-2010, 10:31 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 4
Icon5 Season vs. Franchise?

Can you guys tell me what the differences are between the season mode and the franchise mode? I want to get spring training started with the Mariners, but not sure which mode to go to.

Love the game, but I'll only have a few days a week to commit to it; married with two little ones keeps me busy!

Thanks.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-03-2010, 10:57 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: Season vs. Franchise?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mexmarkjen
Can you guys tell me what the differences are between the season mode and the franchise mode? I want to get spring training started with the Mariners, but not sure which mode to go to.

Love the game, but I'll only have a few days a week to commit to it; married with two little ones keeps me busy!

Thanks.
Same problem, I'd love to play a franchise mode all the way to the world series and earn the gold trophy for that, but that seems impossible with my schedule.

Does the gold trophy only work in franchise and can you earn it in seasons mode ?

Besides, from your experience, if you sim games in franchise, what do you make of your players stats ? Part of them were results of your play, the other part is from the simulation, ... in the end, is that still interesting ?

Is it better to play a short seaon in the season mode, or go through the grind of the whole deal in franchise (while playing every single game to keep your stats meaningful) ?

Cheers,
Old 03-03-2010, 11:22 AM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: Season vs. Franchise?

I haven't gotten the Show 10 yet, as I'm waiting for it in the mail. However, if it is like in previous versions the difference between the two is that in franchise you control everything. You control ticket prices, concessions, promotional days, loans, financials, etc. In season mode, you are more focused on the baseball operations only. You still have waivers, trades, rule v, and all that good stuff, you just don't deal with the business side of things trying to turn a profit and all that extra stuff.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »