Home

rtts questions

This is a discussion on rtts questions within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 02-21-2010, 10:12 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 3
rtts questions

i searched and didn't find anything and hopefully it wasn't asked before

i'm a position player and always one of the advancement goals is to improve my contact against lefties. i've been doing that but now my contact against lefties is very unbalanced compared to my contact against righties. is this the way it is supposed to be?

also is it necessary for me to complete all the advancement goals to move up or can you complete just a majority, etc.?

also i know there's a glitches thread but was wondering are there any glitches i should be aware of in mlb 09 the show? i got the game recently and not sure if the patches fixed all of them

thanks!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-22-2010, 07:23 AM   #2
Rookie

goonertaff's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: rtts questions

I posted this a while ago hope it helps should answer a few questions

and before anyone says anything about manipulating the game I did it this way because my first rtts career died of the sept batting bug thing so i was in a hurry

1. go into global settings and turn off injuries
nothing is worse than getting red hot with the bat looking like a certainty for AAA All Star Starter and then joe blogs gets hurt and your riding the pine in the MLB getting pinch hit opportunities and trying to keep your stats going

2. if and when you make the MLB squad after spring training (20 years old and riding the Pine) FAIL YOUR GOALS- keep your stats up but dont "upgrade your Contact" or whatever. Do that twice and your demoted to starter at AAA where your more likely to earn more points and get better stats you will improve quicker and be more likely to keep your job as and when you get in as a starter in the Show.

3. It is better to fail your goal than let your stats decrease- given a choice on the last day of your goals between upping your "Left handed contact"( a goal) or stopping durability from plumetting - protect what you ve already got. you can fail a goal with out any problems as long as you dont fail the next set plus almost always its the same goals, same targets, much easier to get second time around.

4. easiest way to get points improve your dbunting and speed I kind of ignore batting practice for LH pitchers and use it to drag bunt instead- get it to 40 plus range and you can even drag bunt on two strikes if need be- but its also good for keeping that hitting streak going
two on no outs and your being asked to drive the run in for 25 points? early on this is a Double play waiting to happen, try drag bunting and moving the players around
get throw out its -5 points
make it on 1st base its 15 points plus it improves your streak/ave/ hotness(you know what i mean)

5. Durability- the higher the better more at Bats more games started less Pinch hitting more points you get the idea

6. Clutch- 50 is the breakeven point( i think, i dont know im assuming) your not affected by pressure situations in any way up or down. if your clutch is 80 points then you are a monster with the bases loaded and 2 outs- as far as i can test it its a power and hitting and vision bonus( i think)

In my last RTTS my 2nd baseman that died of the september batting bug I was 28 and averaging .325 a season with HR at about 20-25 and 80-100 RBi's (for the last 2 years)

as a 24 yr old LF im hitting .402 19HR 56 RBi's with 32 stolen bases- just throught the All Star weekend
I won the silver slugger last year and a golden glove and im in with a good shout of the MVP this year. In 4 years less time by following the guidlines above im a better player attribute wise.

Now I did it this way to get back to where I was before I lost a 10 year career with my 2nd baseman may he rest in peace, I accept its manipulating the system and not for everyone but it produces better results, quicker which is what I was after- hope it helps
"boss he does nt know who he is!"
"well tell him he's Pele and get him fecking back on"
BFR manager of WBA 1978
Old 02-22-2010, 04:47 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 3

thanks.

was the september bug fixed with a patch or is it still there? if so, how can i avoid it?

so far i've never been asked to maintain an attribute only to improve but they're the same ones every time. i would like more variety just so that my player develops into an overall player. for ex. i always get asked to improve contact but never my speed or defense and i want to be a 5 tool player... really hard to do especially during a cold streak because i'm using all those precious points on attributes that are more than enough playing AA ball.
Old 02-23-2010, 05:34 AM   #4
Rookie

goonertaff's Arena

OVR: 5

i managed to develope into a 5 tool player in around 6 years
just keep crunching away
try failing your targets every other time and using the points you earnt to improve other stats

basically I improved every part of my game once a month
if I got a training session hitting RHP id make sure i used the power swing until i improved my power get one good hit to improve contact foul one/bunt one and leave one

then when i was allocating points id increase RH contact and RH power(which also improves slightly the LH contact/power)
i always improved plate vision(which covers displine and clutch)
same for drag bunting
speed
arm strength
and so on

but it took ages i mean im still playing as a 37 year old LF for the Socks and ive hit 853 career HR's and I play 2-3 times a week

as too the septmeber bug yep got taken care of in the patch

just remember I lifted that info from a forum I posted in back in june 09
"boss he does nt know who he is!"
"well tell him he's Pele and get him fecking back on"
BFR manager of WBA 1978

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »