Home

MLB '10: The Show Gameplay Video (1up)

This is a discussion on MLB '10: The Show Gameplay Video (1up) within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 02-06-2010, 02:57 PM   #81
Resident film pundit

Blzer's Arena

OVR: 55
Re: MLB '10: The Show Gameplay Video (1up)

Quote:
Originally Posted by michaeldu
So, is the commentary not all in, in this version we are watching? They seem very quiet. I would love to hear them just talk instead of the long pauses and then they all take turns speaking.
Like I said earlier (and it needs to be verified), I think it might have to do with the way RTP is coded in versus how the game's commentary normally loads up.

For instance, here are the only times that Dave or Rex will say anything (and they never feed off each other, so only one of them will say something per "action"):

- Pre-game
- After a pitch
- After a play (if there is a cut-scene)
- During a replay

Otherwise, I can't really think of any other time that they talk. They won't do it mid-play with Matty V., they won't chime off each other in replays (neither will Matt), and so it all seems to form together that way. So like I said, the audio comes in because of what they're loading as a result.

If it's after a pitch, I guess Rex and Dave wait in queue for Matt to finish and then their audio bit will load up. If it's after a play, their audio ties in with the game loading the cut-scene. Same goes for a replay. This is why we're not hearing anything with the camera cuts in RTP, because it's just camera changes during the same streamed loading bit as when the ball was put in play, there isn't a cut-scene involved. Therefore, there is nothing to cue for Soup or Hud.

So my question to Russ was if this is what the case is, and if so since this video is old if they have addressed it. Also, is this the only case of there being RTP or is there more than this? As we saw, after the foul ball it didn't stay in the same stream, they reloaded up the batter and pitcher with the ball. As of now RTP still seems limited, though done well (except the commentary thing), but hopefully next year they expand it to full innings if possible like 2K was trying to do (though it was so messed up I don't think I would like it in if they couldn't do it right).

I have to stop typing such long posts to get a point across.
Samsung PN60F8500 PDP / Anthem MRX 720 / Klipsch RC-62 II / Klipsch RF-82 II (x2) / Insignia NS-B2111 (x2) / SVS PC13-Ultra / SVS SB-2000 / Sony MDR-7506 Professional / Audio-Technica ATH-R70x / Sony PS3 & PS4 / DirecTV HR44-500 / DarbeeVision DVP-5000 / Panamax M5400-PM / Elgato HD60
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-06-2010, 03:01 PM   #82
Rookie

OVR: 1

If the RTP = More breaks between Rex's comments, then by God RTP will never be turned off for me.
Old 02-06-2010, 03:01 PM   #83
Resident film pundit

Blzer's Arena

OVR: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnigmaNemesis
I think it was CPU vs CPU.
Yeah, definitely no user control (unless it's MOM). They still have the "SWING INFO" indicator at the bottom, so either that's accessible in CPU vs. CPU or it's a better indication that it's MOM. But it's definitely not user controlled on the Twins' side because otherwise you would see some sort of indicators, and it's not on the Tigers' side either because you would see a highlighted icon on the baserunner graphic for which runner you're controlling.
Samsung PN60F8500 PDP / Anthem MRX 720 / Klipsch RC-62 II / Klipsch RF-82 II (x2) / Insignia NS-B2111 (x2) / SVS PC13-Ultra / SVS SB-2000 / Sony MDR-7506 Professional / Audio-Technica ATH-R70x / Sony PS3 & PS4 / DirecTV HR44-500 / DarbeeVision DVP-5000 / Panamax M5400-PM / Elgato HD60
Old 02-06-2010, 03:02 PM   #84
RIP Ty My Buddy

nemesis04's Arena

OVR: 52

There is going to be down time in the commentary this year as the RTP plays out.
Old 02-06-2010, 03:03 PM   #85
Rookie

How to make MLB 11 Perfect: Ball girls/boys down the foul lines, Calling off other fielders for fly balls, Computer controlled teams for Online Franchise mode (Ala Madden), Rex Hudler's dismissal.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-06-2010, 03:08 PM   #86
MVP

bp4baseball's Arena

OVR: 43

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoreyMac
How to make MLB 11 Perfect: Ball girls/boys down the foul lines, Calling off other fielders for fly balls, Computer controlled teams for Online Franchise mode (Ala Madden), Rex Hudler's dismissal.
This isn't a wish list thread, but those are good ideas
Old 02-06-2010, 03:09 PM   #87
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bp4baseball
This isn't a wish list thread, but those are good ideas
I know its not, but the videos with the silence of Rex during the RTP made me think about the possibility of him going away lol
Old 02-06-2010, 03:09 PM   #88
#Ace

Speedy's Arena

OVR: 27

I'm loving the RTP more and more.

Also, I hope the stances aren't the updated ones for this year b/c some of them are incorrect. An example would be Brandon Inge - here is his actual stance, compared to the game's version which is almost like Carlos Guillen's.

Last edited by Speedy; 02-06-2010 at 03:16 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »