Home

Favorite MLB09 Moments/Memories?

This is a discussion on Favorite MLB09 Moments/Memories? within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 01-18-2010, 11:36 AM   #1
Pro

Clarityman's Arena

OVR: 5
Favorite MLB The Show Moments/Memories?

Hi all! Allow me to introduce myself. I am Clarityman. I have been lurking on these boards for years now, but I've finally decided to step out of the shadows and join the posting community. I'm sure you're all thrilled.

Anyway, just like everyone else, I'm insanely excited about MLB10 and all the info that's been released! So I wanted my first post at OS to celebrate its predecessors, as a way of further hyping the good times ahead in March.

Please post your favorite MLB The Show moments or memories! A walkoff homerun against a rival? A miraculous comeback? I'm sure this has been done before, but I'm especially in the mood now to relive amazing MLB moments.

I'll start. I have two.

1. My all-time favorite MLB09 memory comes from Road to the Show. My rookie season in the majors. It's the Game 6 of the World Series at Fenway. Red Sox are down 3 games to 2 against the Mets. One more loss and the title is theirs.

It's the ninth inning. Red Sox down by 2 runs. 2 men on base. 2 outs. Francisco Rodriguez trying to close it out. My third basemen comes up, works it to a full count, fouling off tough fastballs and changeups. With a full counts and two men on, I think, "C'mon K-Rod, give me that fastball, let's do this, C'MON."

I'm pretty sure I said this stuff out loud.

K-Rod throws the heater. I slam the powerswing. BOOM, a monster shot straight to center field, three-run walkoff homerun at Fenway! The fans go insane! The team goes insane! I go insane!

I forgot to mention I was drunk when this all happened.

It was perfect baseball drama, and ranks as my all-time favorite moment in The Show.

2. My second favorite memory, also from 09, was a Franchise game at Yankee Stadium. Let me preface this by saying I own Andy Pettite in The Show. Always have, always will. Ortiz in the box, we know he struggles against lefties. Rips a solo HR to the short porch. Nice.

Then Youk up to bat, almost immediately pulls a cutter to left field for back to back homeruns! So back to back homeruns was awesome. Would you believe JD Drew makes it back to back to back on a hanging fastball! It happened.

Now three HR's in a row was awesome to me. I'm decent, but far from the best player. When Jason Bay stepped to the plate, I did not even imagine it. But when I swung, I launched it into the stands.

Back to back to back to back HR's by the Red Sox against the Yankees! 4 bombs in a row! I'm pretty sure that's only happened once before. I still have the replays saved on my PS3.

So how about it? What are your favorite moments/memories?

Last edited by Clarityman; 01-18-2010 at 11:47 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-18-2010, 12:03 PM   #2
Banned

bigjake62505's Arena

OVR: 22
Re: Favorite MLB09 Moments/Memories?

I have multiple, every time I hit a homer with my RTTS. Even as he got better and HR's became more frequent. There is no better felling than hitting a HR with your RTTS player especially the first time. I would be sitting there and then my arms would fly up over my head and my wife would look at my like I was stupid lol.
Old 01-18-2010, 12:08 PM   #3
MVP

CubFan23's Arena

OVR: 23

My favorite moment was the first game I played, having a 360 and stuck with 2k I finally experienced what a real baseball game is when I went out and bought a PS3 just for the Show. I am in baseball heaven everytime I play!

“I knew when my career was over. In 1965 my baseball card came out with no picture".
- Bob Uecker
Old 01-18-2010, 12:12 PM   #4
Banned

bigjake62505's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by CubFan23
My favorite moment was the first game I played, having a 360 and stuck with 2k I finally experienced what a real baseball game is when I went out and bought a PS3 just for the Show. I am in baseball heaven everytime I play!
I did the same thing last year after playing 2k for about 1 hour. Put my 360 on ebay and got a ps3.
Old 01-18-2010, 01:28 PM   #5
Pro

TeixeiraFanatic's Arena

OVR: 14

Mine was also the first game i played of 09. i was the brewers at home against the A's. Leading by one, i give up the tying run in the ninth. We stay tied for a couple innings and then in the 14th or so. Ryan Braun steps up to lead off the inning and hits a walkoff homerun. i saved the replay and still watch it every so often.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-18-2010, 01:42 PM   #6
Pro

Clarityman's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeixeiraFanatic
Mine was also the first game i played of 09. i was the brewers at home against the A's. Leading by one, i give up the tying run in the ninth. We stay tied for a couple innings and then in the 14th or so. Ryan Braun steps up to lead off the inning and hits a walkoff homerun. i saved the replay and still watch it every so often.
Thanks for sharing, I had a similar game like that too when I first got the game... I gave up the lead late and hit a walkoff homer deep in extra innnings. Still remember the exact pitch, a hanging curveball in on the hands.

I think it was so memorable because when I first got the game I found it so incredibly hard! And I gave up so many leads. I used to get so frustrated because it'd be so rare for me to get a dominating lead... and then I'd just give it up in one or two innings.

Then I learned to pitch inside and things improved a lot.
Old 01-18-2010, 01:58 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 7

hitting a homerun on my first ever play through on the demo with Shane Victorino the first batter in the Phillies lineup.
Old 01-18-2010, 02:01 PM   #8
MVP

jth1331's Arena

OVR: 4

I'll say about 99% of my playing time is my RTTS pitcher. Sadly, I don't remember much early on, but I do remember the first homerun I hit with him haha. He got traded to the Reds, and whacked a 3 run homerun against the Cubs in Wrigley =D

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »