Home

another 60$ for some touch ups and a roster update?

This is a discussion on another 60$ for some touch ups and a roster update? within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare
Closed Thread

Old 01-05-2010, 01:18 AM   #1
Pro

OVR: 8
another 60$ for some touch ups and a roster update?

any chance that we could see MLB 10 go for 30 $ instead of the traditional 60$? I just don't see why we gamers have to spend 60 bucks every year for some roster updates and graphics touch ups and a coople of new features that no one really cares about after a couple of weeks. the fact there are no new player models, MLB 10 should be done through a patch.
Old 01-05-2010, 01:21 AM   #2
MIB Crew

rspencer86's Arena

OVR: 49
Re: another 60$ for some touch ups and a roster update?

Please tell me this is some deft use of sarcasm.

University of Missouri '09
Twitter: @RyanASpencer

Royals / Chiefs / Kings / Mizzou / Sporting KC

PSN: MizzouTigerrr
XBox: MizzouRhino
Old 01-05-2010, 01:21 AM   #3
MVP

bp4baseball's Arena

OVR: 43

You have no idea just how much better 10 will be, and if you choose not to get it, you're loss
Old 01-05-2010, 01:24 AM   #4
*ll St*r

Knight165's Arena

OVR: 56

Quote:
Originally Posted by rspencer86
Please tell me this is some deft use of sarcasm.
It's not.
Yikes...here we go again.

M.K.
Knight165
Old 01-05-2010, 01:25 AM   #5
Resident film pundit

Blzer's Arena

OVR: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marinerss
any chance that we could see MLB 10 go for 30 $ instead of the traditional 60$? I just don't see why we gamers have to spend 60 bucks every year for some roster updates and graphics touch ups and a coople of new features that no one really cares about after a couple of weeks. the fact there are no new player models, MLB 10 should be done through a patch.
Besides the fact that this is nothing but a trolling post (and if I were you, I would be careful and edit how you worded everything because this won't bode well with the moderators), I don't see how changing the player models isn't anything else other than a "graphics touch-up" either. I'm not saying it's not a big thing (it's the only big thing on my wishlist as of now), but it has zero effects on gameplay.

And perhaps you should read the features list again, as there were a ton of things worked on and ironed out (hit variety, ball physics, meters, catchers, etc.). Let's not forget that MLB 09 The Show was already a stellar game, unlike MLB 2K9, who does need these overhauls to sell their product to most of the hardcore baseball fans.

Besides, there are many more bells and whistles under the hood that aren't talked about "on the back of the game", and those are always found in the yearly Little Things thread.

I think you'll be in for a treat, and although no new player models is always a huge bummer, it looks like all of our other wishes have been granted.
Samsung PN60F8500 PDP / Anthem MRX 720 / Klipsch RC-62 II / Klipsch RF-82 II (x2) / Insignia NS-B2111 (x2) / SVS PC13-Ultra / SVS SB-2000 / Sony MDR-7506 Professional / Audio-Technica ATH-R70x / Sony PS3 & PS4 / DirecTV HR44-500 / DarbeeVision DVP-5000 / Panamax M5400-PM / Elgato HD60
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-05-2010, 01:33 AM   #6
MVP

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marinerss
Never in my life has anyone ever forced me to buy a game.
Old 01-05-2010, 01:33 AM   #7
Pro

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by bp4baseball
You have no idea just how much better 10 will be, and if you choose not to get it, you're loss
the fact that it's already been addressed that they are not adding in the new player models, it's going to be pretty identical to 09. Gameplay is gonna be the same, player models the same, and graphics hardly a difference. but Road to the show 4.0, roster updates, new gameplay sliders, and replay options, oh im sure that makes it worth 60$. SCEA please lower price to 30 or at most 40.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alliball
Never in my life has anyone ever forced me to buy a game.
I'm not implying im being forced. I'm just curious why it HAS to be 60 $? And i'm just going to take a wild guess and say online will not be fixed. it'll be the same as 07, 08, and 09.

Last edited by Marinerss; 01-05-2010 at 01:38 AM.
Old 01-05-2010, 01:37 AM   #8
Pro

humaca80's Arena

OVR: 13

Dont buy it then dude, update the rosters yourself and start a new season.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »