Home

Graphical Issues - Need Help - PC Moniter

This is a discussion on Graphical Issues - Need Help - PC Moniter within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 04-08-2009, 09:53 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 16
Graphical Issues - Need Help - PC Moniter

Hey Guys,

I just bought a PS3 and MLB 09 The Show as I was very excited about this game after I read all the buzz and great reviews. I do have a question though. I also bought an HDMI cable as my moniter (Samsung Flatscreen, not sure the actual model name) supports this format.

I turned on the machine and fiddled with the video settings in the dashboard or whatever it is called on the PS3 (sorry I was an Xbox user until it died). I set the Display to the max at 1080p. Now the Show says it works best on 720i so I dialed it back on the PS3. When I play the game the graphic s appear pixelated when not right close to the camera. So the batter looks OK, the pitcher looks a little pixelated and the outfields are really pixellated. Also when the camera pans about the stadium the edges all look really rough. It almost appears as if there is no anti-aliasing happening. I was wondering is there a setting in the PS3 or the Show that turns on the anti-aliasing. Or is the pixelation a fact of live with the Show and no one has said anything thus far.

I have explored the settings on my moniter and have not yet found anything there that would fix it.

Please help as I do not want to feel that I wasted my money on this system/game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-08-2009, 10:44 AM   #2
Banned

~Guru~'s Arena

Re: Graphical Issues - Need Help - PC Moniter

the show 09 is a good looking game but far from great. on 720p the game runs very smooth but it has pixalation all over the place and depth perception is horrible. when batting the pitchers face looks like mush and so does the edges and crowds. but it runs silky smooth.

when i set it to just 1080p and uncheck all...the game looks 100x better due to the higher resolution and depth perception is spot on...i can see the eyes and details of the pitcher when hitting and whatnot. but you will get clipping on the framerate which causes eye soars at times to me. specially in yankee stadium where it is unplayable. all other stadiums are fine. the foul lines are a bit jaggied on 1080p due to it not having AA but that dont bother me cuz the resolution is much better.

i stick with 720p because it is smooth and i use the yankees and mets as my franchise teams therefore i cant play a season with the yankees with 1080p so i stay 720p eventhough i feel cheated with the crappy depth perception.
Old 04-08-2009, 10:54 AM   #3
Rookie

Man o Man! I wish I had know this before I shelled out 600 bucks! This burns me. So all the vaunted graphics and "realism" that everyone was raving about is bubkis! Well that is nice. I will try 1080. but come on why are people putting up with sub-standard grahics on the supposed glorious PS3. Sorry for the rant. I am not trying to start anything here, just venting a little.

Alright, there I am calm, so the pixelation is unavoidable. While I am on the topic of graphics... does anyone else notice the realy big shoulders on the player models? It is really noticable while batting.

I am gonna play this game for a while to get my money's worth, who knows my opinion may change.

If anyone else can help me out here that would be great.
Old 04-08-2009, 10:56 AM   #4
Hoping for change...

PsychoBulk's Arena

OVR: 23

Calm down Malachi

Frankly i dont know what Guru is on about, at 720p it looks gorgeous and i can clearly make things like the pitchers face out.

Also re: depth perception, its fine, far from being "crappy" at all.

Hope that helps...
Old 04-08-2009, 11:19 AM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 1

hey...i decided not to make a thread about this question, but while we're on the subject of graphical issues

i noticed there is a "glow" around the edges of my players, especially when they wear bright uniforms (i.e: when the reds wear white uniforms)...is there any way to fix this? im set on 720p. Maybe i have to adjust some color settings on my tv?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-08-2009, 11:23 AM   #6
Rookie

PsychoBulk,

Sorry for the rant, but I just dropped the 600 or so last night and was worried I bought a lemon. I have since read some other posts here and no one is ranting about the graphics. Hmm do you play using a Computer Moniter?

I am at work so unfortunately I cannot not tinker with stuff until I get home.

I am not sure what to make of this. for some reason I have a really pixelly game at 720p. I will try a higher resolution and see what happens. I will also tinker with my moniter, although i don't think it is that, as I don't have this problem with any PC stuff.

Could this be an HDMI thing? My moniter is only a year old or so and obviously has HDMI support.

Again sorry for the rant, I am just worried is all.
Old 04-08-2009, 11:40 AM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 2

i have a hitachi 60 inch big screen and it runs beautiful on 720p{the game is optimized for 720p}..i think you are having issues being that you are using a computer screen,a setting you are overlooking possibly.all the hype about the graphics etc.. is legit! this game is amazing in all aspects.. i hope you get it figured out,the ps3 is a special piece that will surpass the 360 very soon if it already hasnt..
Old 04-08-2009, 12:02 PM   #8
Banned

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by malachijohn666
Hmm do you play using a Computer Moniter?

I don't. I play on a 52 inch HDTV, in 720P. Absolutely gorgeous. I can pretty much make out who's who by looking at their faces.

So good,that when I play, sometimes my wife will walk in and ask me to change the channel because she doesn't like watching baseball.......then she sees the controller in my hand!

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »