Home

CPU Trades in Franchise Mode

This is a discussion on CPU Trades in Franchise Mode within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 04-08-2009, 12:24 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 6
CPU Trades in Franchise Mode

does anyone know if the cpu actually initiates cpu to cpu trades during franchise? and does cpu teams offer trades to user controlled teams? mlb 08 didnt seem to have this, as i never saw any cpu to cpu trading during my franchise.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-08-2009, 12:54 AM   #2
Rookie

Hayman19's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: CPU Trades in Franchise Mode

Quote:
Originally Posted by csker7
does anyone know if the cpu actually initiates cpu to cpu trades during franchise? and does cpu teams offer trades to user controlled teams? mlb 08 didnt seem to have this, as i never saw any cpu to cpu trading during my franchise.
There is, but hardly any and usually its for lesser known players and almost always ive seen them just be 1 player for 1 player. As far as the CPU offering you trades again it doesnt happen enough, but i simmed a season and put Adrian Beltre on the trade block and i simmed to the trade deadline and i had about 3-4 offers for him and my other relief pitcher i had which was strange because i hardly ever get any trade offers so i suppose putting players on the block helps a bit but i still wish there was more trades.
Old 04-08-2009, 01:04 AM   #3
Rookie

ok thanks. yeah i agree, there should be more trades. i remember when i played the MVP baseball games, and those ones actually had cpu trades and free agent signings. it was also realistic like actual trade deadline trades. this game doesnt seem to have enough of that stuff...
Old 04-09-2009, 10:52 AM   #4
Banned

OVR: 7

I remember in my Pirates franhcise last year, the Red Sox would not stop trying to get Ronny Paulino from me.
He was on the trading block, but they never offered me a good enough deal.
They tried at least 5 times though
Old 04-09-2009, 01:45 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 2

Has anybody ever seen the cpu try to trade a couple of prospects for a mlb player yet?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-09-2009, 02:31 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by csker7
ok thanks. yeah i agree, there should be more trades. i remember when i played the MVP baseball games, and those ones actually had cpu trades and free agent signings. it was also realistic like actual trade deadline trades. this game doesnt seem to have enough of that stuff...
The problem with those trades was that most of the time they would be pretty random and ridiculous. I've heard about big moves, someone posted on here about Jeter being on the Sox, but I like it with less trades and more realism, rather than just everything being a blockbuster.
Old 04-09-2009, 02:33 PM   #7
LADetermined

ShowTyme15's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by voltron2010
The problem with those trades was that most of the time they would be pretty random and ridiculous. I've heard about big moves, someone posted on here about Jeter being on the Sox, but I like it with less trades and more realism, rather than just everything being a blockbuster.
i totally agree cause I've seen some crazy trades already. Cole Hamels was traded to the A's
Also saw Kazmir Traded to the Mets for Beltran just dumb moves that will probably never happen in real life.
Old 04-09-2009, 02:38 PM   #8
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShowTyme15
i totally agree cause I've seen some crazy trades already. Cole Hamels was traded to the A's
Also saw Kazmir Traded to the Mets for Beltran just dumb moves that will probably never happen in real life.
wait u saw these during your franchise this year? those sound pretty unrealistic. damn im hoping i dont run into ne stupid ones like that

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »