Home

BASERUNNING ISSUES

This is a discussion on BASERUNNING ISSUES within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 03-30-2009, 04:16 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 6
Angry BASERUNNING ISSUES

Please help!!

Runners on 1st and third. Trying to steal second while having runner remain on third. Using new basrunning scheme. I aim the left stick to the right and hit L2 at the same time. When i do this the guy on 1st base steals second and the guy on third takes off for home. I have tried this scenario every time in spring training mode and half of the time the guy on third breaks for home and the other half of the time he stays at third. I am attempting to figure this out prior to starting my franchise. Because i will freak out if I do this in a regular season game. I guess the easy solution would be to not attempt a steal in this situation, but that would SUCK!!! Thanks for any helpfull response

Last edited by MITCH5150; 03-30-2009 at 05:53 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-30-2009, 05:39 PM   #2
SCEA Community Manager

Russell_SCEA's Arena

OVR: 29
Re: BASERUNNING ISSUES

Quote:
Originally Posted by MITCH5150
Please help!!

Runners on 1st and third. Trying to steal second while having runner remain on third. Using new basrunning scheme. I aim the left stick to the left and hit triangle. When i do this the guy on 1st base steals second and the guy on third takes off for home. I have tried this scenario every time in spring training mode and half of the time the guy on third breaks for home and the other half of the time he stays at third. I am attempting to figure this out prior to starting my franchise. Because i will freak out if I do this in a regular season game. I guess the easy solution would be to not attempt a steal in this situation, but that would SUCK!!! Thanks for any helpfull response

to steal an individual runner, user must aim the left analog stick at the runner, and press L2 at the same time. So in the situation described (runners on 1st and 3rd), the user must press RIGHT on the Left analog stick, and press the L2 button while still holding RIGHT on the stick. Hope this helps

the description in the CONTROLS of the pause menu is very vague. It does not describe well how to steal an individual runner

You must point the L stick at the runner that you want to steal, and press L2 at the same time, while the L stick is held firmly in the direction of the runner that you want to steal

Last edited by Millennium; 03-30-2009 at 05:59 PM.
Old 03-30-2009, 06:01 PM   #3
Rookie

Thanks for the response . I edited my original post. That is exactly what I do, and half of the time the guy on third breaks for home. I have been trying this out every time i get in a situation in Spring Training games, as i want to figure out what i am doing wrong before I start my Franchise . I prob shoul have just put this in the glitch thread, cause that is what it appears to be.
Old 03-30-2009, 06:09 PM   #4
MVP

Darkleaf's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by MITCH5150
Thanks for the response . I edited my original post. That is exactly what I do, and half of the time the guy on third breaks for home. I have been trying this out every time i get in a situation in Spring Training games, as i want to figure out what i am doing wrong before I start my Franchise . I prob shoul have just put this in the glitch thread, cause that is what it appears to be.
You are using Guess Pitch right?
Old 03-30-2009, 06:10 PM   #5
MVP

Darkleaf's Arena

OVR: 19

A helpful post from a similar thread...
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeconBlz
its guess pitch feature doing it. say u have a righty up and first and third, ok? if you guess pitch up and away(primary pitch/X)ur pointing the Lstick up/left and pushing X while holding R2.

This is the same comand for indvidual steal minus the R2 input. You select the runner at 3rd(up/left on the stick) and tell him which base to advance to Home or X button.

Used to happen to me all the time i would just pause the game and switch sides and let my runner return to third instead of a stupid caught stealing when i would literaly never try such a thing as stealing home.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-30-2009, 06:32 PM   #6
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkleafGoJays
A helpful post from a similar thread...
I never use the guess pitch feature
Old 03-30-2009, 07:04 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 4

I always like to take a one step lead (L1) with the runner on first to make sure that I only have that runner selected.

So, to steal just 2nd with runners on 1st & 3rd I do this:

1. Move the L-stick to the right
2. Press L1 to take a one step lead - make sure the runner on 3rd doesn't also step.
3. Press L2 to let the runner on 1st know to steal
4. Release the L-stick, get ready for the pitch.
Old 03-30-2009, 07:57 PM   #8
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by lstephen
I always like to take a one step lead (L1) with the runner on first to make sure that I only have that runner selected.

So, to steal just 2nd with runners on 1st & 3rd I do this:

1. Move the L-stick to the right
2. Press L1 to take a one step lead - make sure the runner on 3rd doesn't also step.
3. Press L2 to let the runner on 1st know to steal
4. Release the L-stick, get ready for the pitch.

We are on the same page, i do the same thing exactly i hit L1 TO SEE THAT JUST THE RUNER ON FIRST MOVES, Im not saying it happens all the time, but it does happen, and it is very frustrating

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »